Sign in to follow this  
dogbert

Will Rodgers Struggle?

I'm a big Vikings fan and am trying to be not biased. But I think Rodgers could struggle in his first game. It's his first start at home in a nationally televised game, with a potentially hostile crowd. If he throws an INT or the offense stalls they could really start harassing him. Is my homerism clouding my judgement, or will he struggle?

Is the sky blue?

Seriously, I think he'll do fine. But I don't think he'll do as well as some think.

I'm guessing Garrard #s with more INTs.

They knocked out AP in the shutout last year. Ryan Grant rushed for over 100 yards (i think).

Enter Jared Allen.

Nationally televised payback's a b!tch.

I hope Allen keeps Rogers' glorious injury line intact and knocks him out of the game, and the fans boo management out of the county. (The fans do own that franchise don't they?). Then I hope Brett celebrates by drinking champagne out of a NY whor.... NM....that's my football fantasy, completely different than fantasy football. It would rule though :doublethumbsup:

My personal opionion is that Rogers looked good in the pre season and that the Packer's as an organization and a team have rallied around him...if he stays upright he will have a very effective year.

Then I hope Brett celebrates by drinking champagne out of a NY whor.... NM....that's my football fantasy, completely different than fantasy football. It would rule though :pointstosky:

Living in Minneapolis all these years it doesn't surprise me at all that Vikes fans have inappropriate fantasies about Favre. Really explains their irrational hatred for him all these years. Sort of like "hating" the hot cheerleader in high school while settling for the corn fed, bucktoothed, farm girl as a prom date. :doublethumbsup:

Living in Minneapolis all these years it doesn't surprise me at all that Vikes fans have inappropriate fantasies about Favre. Really explains their irrational hatred for him all these years. Sort of like "hating" the hot cheerleader in high school while settling for the corn fed, bucktoothed, farm girl as a prom date. :dunno:

I have no problem with Favre, he's an amazing athlete and a great story. He seems like a funny down to earth dude in interviews. Just because I want to see him in a champagne scandal with a NY prostitute doesn't mean I hate him. Rather I am cheering for him to get the last laugh, as I think Packers management made a big mistake going with a roster of 3 QBs that do not have one NFL start between the three of them. Although, when I was discussing the possibilty of him coming to Minnesota with a friend, I did follow up the statement "That would be pretty awesome..." with"...He would look so stupid in purple though."

I am interested to see how this plays out as well. My take is that Favre made the Packers better for many years, not the other way around so count me in the camp that will watch Rodgers FAIL

They knocked out AP in the shutout last year. Ryan Grant rushed for over 100 yards (i think).

Enter Jared Allen.

Nationally televised payback's a b!tch.

I hope Allen keeps Rogers' glorious injury line intact and knocks him out of the game, and the fans boo management out of the county. (The fans do own that franchise don't they?). Then I hope Brett celebrates by drinking champagne out of a NY whor.... NM....that's my football fantasy, completely different than fantasy football. It would rule though :wub:

Jared Allen...meet Chad Clifton...he is the guy who kept you pretty silent the last time you two met.

Seriously, the fans will not be that hostile...one INT will not turn them against Rodgers (if I recall, that guy who wore #4 threw quite a few of them).

IMO...Rodgers plays good enough to get the win...not stellar numbers...but not terrible.