Sign in to follow this  
j0novision

Why has Jabbar Gaffney flown under the radar?

He's is the #3 receiver for Tom Brady, and had great numbers last year for the amount of time he played. But for some reason he's being completely ignored from a FF perspective. Explain yourselves!

I've got him in a 16-team league and will probably have to start him, so I hope you are right. :shocking:

You said it yourself. He is the third WR. He is behind two guys that are capable of catching 100 balls themselves which dose not leave that much more for the TEs, RBs and WRs. Now if Welker or Moss misses any time Gaffney will be the pickup of the week. :shocking:

i selected Gaffney in the 15th round.. not starting him this week b/c of the expected weather in NE, but i felt that he step up late last season and is a good 4th, 5th WR.. he probably wont be playing much on my team since i have Colston, A. Johnson, and Marshall as my trio but gaffney should have a good year with the cakewalk that NE has..

hopefully i can trade him down the line..

i selected Gaffney in the 15th round.. not starting him this week b/c of the expected weather in NE, but i felt that he step up late last season and is a good 4th, 5th WR.. he probably wont be playing much on my team since i have Colston, A. Johnson, and Marshall as my trio but gaffney should have a good year with the cakewalk that NE has..

hopefully i can trade him down the line..

I think he will be a solid WR option, I got him in the 14th round, but I also have Fitz, A. Johnson, Megatron, and Meachum

Here is why Gaffney flies under the radar.

2002 41-483

2003 34-402

2004 41-632

2005 55-492

2006 11-142

2007 36-449

He's never done anything be above the radar. I know being in Texas didn't help his career, but he has never stepped up. Maybe it's the curse of Florida wr's?

Last year Stallworth had 46-697-3, which is decent If you project those stats for Gaffney then it warrants where he has been getting drafted. He's a guy that you really don't want to start unless you have to. If Welker or Moss go down then he could become a great pick, but the same gets said for alot of third wr's out there.