Sign in to follow this  
GhostofMeanMachine99

My fellow former Brady Owners......

Just wanted to see what the consensus plan was.

Unfortunately, I drafed Bulger as his back-up. He sucks, we all know that. I dug deep down into the waiver pool and plucked out Matt Cassel and Matt Schaub.

I figure I'll have to play QBBC this year, unless either Cassel/Schaub can step up consistent production.

Schaub has potential to do it, but has a very difficult schedule early on. Cassel can make all the throws, and obviously has the weapons to throw to, but he's been a perrenial back-up for a reason.

Just wanted to see what other folks did to stop the bleeding.

I have Rivers as the back up to Brady so I am more-or-less OK. I wanted to get Cassel, but an owner ahead of me on our waiver wire got him first. I got Trent Edwards. Hopefully I'll only use him once for a bye.

I start Gore, B. Jacobs, Thomas Jones, Cotchery, and Fitz so I don't feel too helpless. :doublethumbsup:

Unfortunately, I drafed Bulger as his back-up. He sucks, we all know that. I dug deep down into the waiver pool and plucked out Matt Cassel and Matt Schaub.

I figure I'll have to play QBBC this year, unless either Cassel/Schaub can step up consistent production.

Schaub has potential to do it, but has a very difficult schedule early on. Cassel can make all the throws, and obviously has the weapons to throw to, but he's been a perrenial back-up for a reason.

I did the same thing with drafting Brady and Bulger. After seeing how AWFUL Bulger was this past week, i dropped them both. Now I got Aaron Rogers and Kitna. Hoping to pull something off for Rivers, but Rogers looked OK in week 1 so we'll see how that goes. And Kitna always seems to put up half-decent numbers.

That's only 1 league, i had Brady in 3 out of the 4 leagues i'm in. :doublethumbsup:

I did the same thing with drafting Brady and Bulger. After seeing how AWFUL Bulger was this past week, i dropped them both. Now I got Aaron Rogers and Kitna. Hoping to pull something off for Rivers, but Rogers looked OK in week 1 so we'll see how that goes. And Kitna always seems to put up half-decent numbers.

That's only 1 league, i had Brady in 3 out of the 4 leagues i'm in. :thumbsdown:

Ouch.

Truth be told, I had the #6 pick in our redraft league, and it came down between Brady and Marshawn Lynch. I didn't want Brady, but I didn't want Lynch neither. I stayed with my board and took the highest rated guy, which was Brady. Mentioned to another owner that I didn't want Brady but felt compelled to take him. He said I had to take him there.

Could be worse. I could have Steven Jackson (that guy's in for a long, long, long season).

can't tell you how much bs i have been getting in my league. until they watched monday night and realized that i also had cutler as a backup. don't remember how he fell to me so late in the draft but something said grab him. I could always have him as leverage for a trade later if necessary. not the best strategy...but who's laughing now. he will start and he better get me points. and oh by the way i still won easily week 1 even with brady :unsure:

Had Schaub and told myself when drafting I'd be comfortable as a #1... convinced myself to start him even though hes playing Baltimore... then the weather messed up...

Go Brodie Croyle :unsure: (either him, Pennington or Ryan)

I lost brady and have been bouncing between Collins and Griese for this week. Thankfully, someone just dropped Shaub and I have the 3rd waiver priority. Hopefully I can scoop him and that should take care of my problem

Had Schaub and told myself when drafting I'd be comfortable as a #1... convinced myself to start him even though hes playing Baltimore... then the weather messed up...

Go Brodie Croyle :lol: (either him, Pennington or Ryan)

Croyle is hurt. Huard's starting for KC

Next time don't draft him in the first round and this would not happen to you. Ok time to be nice..........Stick with Schuab since he will be throwing alot this year, the lack of a running game will help as well. I hope you have a plan for this weekend since the game has been rescheduled. Cassel should do fine this weekend I hope for your sake.

I fortunately picked Warner late, so I'm good for awhile. Dropped Brady and picked up Trent Edwards. I also picked up Pennington, so it will be QBBC if Warner goes down. Crying shame....I had an outstanding with Brady and just a very good team without him. The show must go on.

Nothing. The annoying sharks think I'm going to give my team away for their backup QB. Two teams have made fair offers [Eli or Delhomme], but would prefer to do the trade after we play each other this week, which is understandable. So, I'm rolling with Pennington this weekend.

Drafted Brady and VY. Then I picked up Schaub. I've got a trade in the works, but I don't want to reveal it here because I seem to be predicting the future.

Sounds alot like my situation. I drafted Brady in a salary cap keeper league and then waited on the backup so ended up with Bulger. We all know how bad that was looking. So to stop the bleeding Iwent after Kurt Warner, hopefully the band-aid works. I was feeling pretty good about my team following the draft but things quickly went downhill.\

Brady = Out for season knee

Barber = bright spot but even he missed half of first game

MJD = way underperformed week 1

Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson = days after draft the shoulder injury and he really didn't give me any confidence with his first week

Jericho Cotchery = decent start hope the owner with the voodoo doll has become bored with my team

Vernon Davis = I was drinking the Mike Martz kool'aid

Nick Folk = high powered offense should at least see alot of PAT

Philly D = last round and they were the best squad left

Bench

Bulger....ugh, Ray Rice...holding out hope, Donald Driver...he would have had a decent total if the TD held up, Sidney Rice...somebody has to produce besides Peterson, Chris Chambers...he kills me every year and yet somehow I still end up with him, Ronnie Brown...it's a keeper league so maybe he gets healthy by next season, Tim Hightower... may get goal line work all season and could end up with it all by the end of the season.

I was feeling pretty good about my starters initially but had to already make some adjustments with Warner in for Brady, and Driver taking over for Ocho Cinco for now unless Chambers or Rice show me something. My chances certainly aren't as good now and it might be a long season.

I got him in two leagues. The first league I have Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers and I just traded to get Drew Brees. I had to give up Boldin and Brady (keeper league).

Other league I have Kurt Warner as well. I put in for Cassell. Amazingly I still won so I figured I wouldn't get him The only QB I could find was Joe Flacco, so I put in for him as well. Somehow good ole Cassell made it through the waiver wire and I got him. I still ended up with Flacco.

I took Brady when I did because he was the "safest" pick on the board! So much for that theory!!

Sounds alot like my situation. I drafted Brady in a salary cap keeper league and then waited on the backup so ended up with Bulger. We all know how bad that was looking. So to stop the bleeding Iwent after Kurt Warner, hopefully the band-aid works. I was feeling pretty good about my team following the draft but things quickly went downhill.\

Brady = Out for season knee

Barber = bright spot but even he missed half of first game

MJD = way underperformed week 1

Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson = days after draft the shoulder injury and he really didn't give me any confidence with his first week

Jericho Cotchery = decent start hope the owner with the voodoo doll has become bored with my team

Vernon Davis = I was drinking the Mike Martz kool'aid

Nick Folk = high powered offense should at least see alot of PAT

Philly D = last round and they were the best squad left

Bench

Bulger....ugh, Ray Rice...holding out hope, Donald Driver...he would have had a decent total if the TD held up, Sidney Rice...somebody has to produce besides Peterson, Chris Chambers...he kills me every year and yet somehow I still end up with him, Ronnie Brown...it's a keeper league so maybe he gets healthy by next season, Tim Hightower... may get goal line work all season and could end up with it all by the end of the season.

I was feeling pretty good about my starters initially but had to already make some adjustments with Warner in for Brady, and Driver taking over for Ocho Cinco for now unless Chambers or Rice show me something. My chances certainly aren't as good now and it might be a long season.

I tried to get Warner in my league but just waited too long for him. When I tried to trade for him this past week, the other owner wanted a starting WR in return (my obvious response was "go f@ck yourself".

I need a Larry Johnson/Marvin Harrison renaissance in order to get to the playoffs this year (and for Joey Addai to not be such a big ######).

I tried to get Warner in my league but just waited too long for him. When I tried to trade for him this past week, the other owner wanted a starting WR in return (my obvious response was "go f@ck yourself".

I need a Larry Johnson/Marvin Harrison renaissance in order to get to the playoffs this year (and for Joey Addai to not be such a big ######).

Hey don't feel bad my own brother tried to rape me for Eli Manning, Eli not Peyton - he has both. I guess there is no family when it comes to fantasy football. I felt lucky to get Warner since I didn't even have top waiver priority.

My 2 keepers this year were Brady and Marques Colston. I waited way too long and got Jason Campbell as my 2nd QB. Looking at the terrible prospects of starting Campbell or Pennington this week, I probably overreacted and traded Colston and Campbell for Kitna and Cassel. Kitna worked out for me this week, we'll see what happens, though...