Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Griese

His picks are hurting his value, but he's going up against a pretty soft pass D. 31st in the league.

Anyone benching their previous #1 to give him a shot.

Im benching Schaub for Griese.

I'm in the exact same position. Have Schaub in, but see that Griese is looked at as a nice play. I'm in a no neg. points league, which is cool. But the guy still needs to put up numbers.

I hate putting him back out there

I"m leaning towards starting Griese over Big Ben.

Roethlisberger hasn't even passed for more than 200 yards in any game this year. And the Steeler offensive line looks like Swiss Cheese. Griese should be good for 275 yards passing and 2 TDs (and 2 INTs).

I think I'm going to be playing Griese over Big Ben and Rodgers. I'm concerned about both their injuries and Ben just hasn't been all that productive. :dunno:

Picked him up this week and I'm starting him over Schaub and JT Sullivan.

I'm hoping for a shootout against Denver. :thumbsdown:

I'm gonna drop one of these 3 in the next couple of weeks, just waiting to see who does the best over that time.......

I'm in the exact same position. Have Schaub in, but see that Griese is looked at as a nice play. I'm in a no neg. points league, which is cool. But the guy still needs to put up numbers.

I hate putting him back out there

no negative points as in the worst they could do is 0 total or meaning interceptions and fumbles lost don't count against your players?

that must make QB's awesome

It does to an extent, but if a QB sucks it up positive yardage and TD's wise, then it doesn't matter. The league is also PPR, and 1 point for every 5 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 15 yards passing.

So overall, it all balances out pretty well. So a guy like Warner might have frustrated owners in other leagues last week, not so much in mine.

I think I'm going to be playing Griese over Big Ben and Rodgers. I'm concerned about both their injuries and Ben just hasn't been all that productive. :banana:

I'm with you too......I'm starting Griese over Big Ben and Rodgers. I think it's a no brainer with Big Ben playing the Jags as well as being hurt and Rodger's shoulder injury. I'm hoping Griese reduces his picks and just throws over 200 yds with 1 or 2 TD's.

Isn't it the run D that is weak for Denver? I'm not liking Bailey and Bly covering the corners

You would think so... but the whole defense is pretty weak. Ranked 31st against the pass, and 26th against the run. They had Paymah and Jack Williams (rookie) covering Bowe a lot of the time last week, don't know why...

I'm with you too......I'm starting Griese over Big Ben and Rodgers. I think it's a no brainer with Big Ben playing the Jags as well as being hurt and Rodger's shoulder injury. I'm hoping Griese reduces his picks and just throws over 200 yds with 1 or 2 TD's.

Well I don't think its quite that clear cut on Ben, the Jags are 24th against the pass so you never know... but I'm pretty sure I'm rolling with Griese this week

Does this mean you think Ben will not have the numbers you see Griese getting ("?over 200 yds with 1 or 2 TD's.")?

IMHO, an injured Ben will give those stats at a minimum, if he has a decent day look for more, guaranteed!!

With Favre off this week, I just dropped Delhomme for Griese.

Denver's D is atrocious, but they have an excellent offense. Griese has been throwing the ball 30+ times a game. As a Marshall owner I'm hoping for a shootout.

And playing in Denver, Griese should have a chip on his shoulder.

With Favre off this week, I just dropped Delhomme for Griese.

Denver's D is atrocious, but they have an excellent offense. Griese has been throwing the ball 30+ times a game. As a Marshall owner I'm hoping for a shootout.

And playing in Denver, Griese should have a chip on his shoulder.

Why would you do that?

Delhomme just got Steve Smith back, he's going to be very solid for the rest of the year.

Carolina has a very attractive schedule for the rest of the season, I think that was a bad move.

Why would you do that?

Delhomme just got Steve Smith back, he's going to be very solid for the rest of the year.

Carolina has a very attractive schedule for the rest of the season, I think that was a bad move.

I just need somebody for this week. After this week I'm only going to carry 1 QB.

We dropped down to a 10 team league this year, so there will always be something decent in the QB FA pool.

I just need somebody for this week. After this week I'm only going to carry 1 QB.

We dropped down to a 10 team league this year, so there will always be something decent in the QB FA pool.

But don't you think that Delhomme has a more attractive matchup this week, against ATL?

Don't get me wrong, I have Griese on a team as well, but I just like Delhomme a good bit more than Griese, even this week.

Even if Griese does out-perform Delhomme this week, it still would seem like Delhomme has the highest probability to have a HUGE game, when compared to Griese. All it takes, is for Steve Smith to make a couple of nice plays, and Delhomme could kill any given week. Griese doesn't have the dynamic WRs around him, to have even close to that amount of upside.

Just my take on it, of course..

But don't you think that Delhomme has a more attractive matchup this week, against ATL?

Don't get me wrong, I have Griese on a team as well, but I just like Delhomme a good bit more than Griese, even this week.

Even if Griese does out-perform Delhomme this week, it still would seem like Delhomme has the highest probability to have a HUGE game, when compared to Griese. All it takes, is for Steve Smith to make a couple of nice plays, and Delhomme could kill any given week. Griese doesn't have the dynamic WRs around him, to have even close to that amount of upside.

Just my take on it, of course..

Delhomme is playing the Chiefs, who actually are pretty decent against the pass, and terrible against the run. My thinking is that Delhomme has a pedestrian day passing, as the Panthers will just run the ball down their throats all game.

Griese has a good chance of beint involved in a shootout.

For the year, I agree Jake is the better QB

Delhomme is playing the Chiefs, who actually are pretty decent against the pass, and terrible against the run. My thinking is that Delhomme has a pedestrian day passing, as the Panthers will just run the ball down their throats all game.

Griese has a good chance of beint involved in a shootout.

For the year, I agree Jake is the better QB

That makes sense. I can't argue with that logic.

I do agree that Griese has a chance at being in a shootout, hopefully you're right - I'm starting him too.

Now im second guessing myself. The DEN passing D has given up major passing yards to Rivers and Brees, but has done a decent job against KC and OAK. Is the DEN pass D really that bad? Or was picked apart by 2 of the best QB's in the league....i may end up placing Shaub in after all. He actually be the safer bet...been the starter for a while now, a little more familiar with offense. Aside from the CHI game...Griese really hasnt done all that much. And Gallaway is hurting.

Decisions decisions!

Didn't get benched, got hurt. Return is questionable.

Thanks for shedding some light on this situation. I thought Griese would light it up today against this crappy pass D Denver has.

This is the last time I listen to ranks and crap, every time I do, it goes wrong. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This is a greta reason playing match-ups doesn't work.

I think I'm going to be playing Griese over Big Ben and Rodgers. I'm concerned about both their injuries and Ben just hasn't been all that productive. :wacko:

Well that worked out well.. :P :cry: