Sign in to follow this  
pit fan

Need trade advice--save my solid, but 1-4 team!

I have, what I though was a solid team, until Colston and Burleson go down week 1, and the injuries to Westbrook and McGahee and McFadden. I am workin on a huge trade that I think will benefit both of us, but need some outside thoughts. The players involved in trade are bolded and underlined. Leave a link and I will try and help you.

My Team

QBs: Delhomme, Orton

RBs: Westy, McGahee, McFadden, Stewart, Dunn

WRs: Marshall, Colston, Calvin, Muhammad, Meachem

TE: Clark

His:

QBs: Hasselbeck, O'Sullivan

RBs: Barber, Jacobs, Selvin

WRs: Steve Smith (Car), Burress, Ward, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown

TEs: Miller, Fassano

I wanted to give up Calvin instead of Colston but he is set on Colston. Will Calvin turn it around or is this issue not a deal-breaker??

If you can get the deal then do it, think you lose some trade value with your move at QB but in terms of actual production I think it's a lateral move at the position. RB you get a big bump and think you are robbing him blind at WR.

Also you got Jobbed in the trade you spoke of in the Aaron Rodgers thread.

Like the deal for you, upgrade at Wr and RB wait and see on calvin (stanton is due to start there)

I traded Rodgers and Chris Johnson last week for Big Ben in a two-QB, 10 team league (Cutler is my other starter). Rodgers has outperformed Big Ben so far this year, but I felt it was an upgrade over the course of the year. I was willing to give up Johnson because I had Portis and Addai as my starting RBs. I needed to move Rodgers because both he and Cutler have the week 8 bye and I need to start two QBs.

Sorry Pit Fan got you confused with the above pitt_fan, you can see how he got jobbed though.

I have, what I though was a solid team, until Colston and Burleson go down week 1, and the injuries to Westbrook and McGahee and McFadden. I am workin on a huge trade that I think will benefit both of us, but need some outside thoughts. The players involved in trade are bolded and underlined. Leave a link and I will try and help you.

My Team

QBs: Delhomme, Orton

RBs: Westy, McGahee, McFadden, Stewart, Dunn

WRs: Marshall, Colston, Calvin, Muhammad, Meachem

TE: Clark

His:

QBs: Hasselbeck, O'Sullivan

RBs: Barber, Jacobs, Selvin

WRs: Steve Smith (Car), Burress, Ward, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown

TEs: Miller, Fassano

I wanted to give up Calvin instead of Colston but he is set on Colston. Will Calvin turn it around or is this issue not a deal-breaker??

Thanks for answering my question!

I don't like the trade.

I prefer Delhomme with Smith, Muhsin, a good running game behind him, and a soft schedule over JTO, who is an injury risk with all the sacks he takes.

I sort of think Jacobs for McGahee is a wash. Jacobs' schedule is packed with good running defenses and he's brittle, though holding up this year, and Ward and Bradshaw could always get more carries. McGahee has passed Rice on the chart and has a decent schedule but probably will permanently lose at least some TDs to McClain.

Burress for Colston almost a wash. Colston is more brittle than Burress and the last two years has been up and down. I'd guess you come out ahead here but not by a lot.

I prefer Clark's consistency over Fasano's potential big games.

So you'd lose at QB, wash at RB, slight gain at WR, and lose at TE, I think.

i dont like it

I really need to win this week and next as I am 1-4. It is a non-keeper league. Does this trade help me win in the short run?

Dont think you're improving much. I would try to get Barber from him. I know Jones is coming on, but Marion is a beast. Westy's situation doesnt help you. You may need to do a 2 for 1 to get Barber, and you may want to think about doing a 3-2 to get maybe a WR (Moss) I wouldnt let Colston go. Tough situation, but both those teams seem pretty evenly matched.

I would take the trade you are 1-4 and need to win now you dont have time to wait for Colston or Magahee to get heathly. Colston may not be back until week 10 That is 4 more weeks of production out of burress. Qb is a wash. I would rather have Jacobs than Magahee. You do lose a little at TE but its TE it ranks slighty above a kicker unless you have Witten.

Please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327951

I'd do that trade. Delhomme feels iffy to me, Jacobs is a very significant upgrade over McGahee (he's definitely slipping down a steep slope...), Burress is a safer bet than Colston - let's not even discuss TE. Do it!

Please see mine.

I think it depends on your scoring system. If it is TD heavy, definitely make the trade. If it is PPR, I'd probably hold tight with Colston. If it is standard scoring, I'd lean towards doing the trade, only because I view Jacobs as more of a sure thing than McGahee. Plus, Colston might not be back for another game or two, which gives you extra time with Plax. Your QBs are servicable and you can play matchups.

Thanks for mine.