Sign in to follow this  
ravensfan4life

Would you sacrifice 2 losses for this?

I usually adjust my roster sunday morning before gametime. I had a busy week/weekend and hadn't really messed with my lineup since the previous week.

I woke up to a phone call at noon on sunday from a friend (not in any of my 3 leagues) offering me 2 free tickets, 10 rows off the 30 yard line to the titans ravens game. I love the ravens, but have only been to one game, 5 years ago, literally highest seat in the house (loss to the chiefs on monday night).

I immedietly accepted the tickets and made a mad rush to get to the game, and forgot to check anything dealing with fantasy football. Arrived in my seat midway through the first.

I lost 2 games I easily would have one (Each squad had two starters in that were not playing) if I made simple linup changes. I won my last and favorite league because of Antoine Winfield by .2 points.

In retrospect, I wish I could have won all three and gone to the game (even though a loss, still an awesome game to see). Really made me realize how unbeleivably better live is then on the couch or at the bar.

The Question: Would you sacrifice a loss in most or all your games one week to see your favorite squad play especially if the losses could cost you a playoff spot?

My answer: I love fantasy football, but I would do it again without flinching.

What's yours?

I'd go to the game, no doubt. And my team is the Lions. That being said, I'd be on my cell calling up a friend to check my lineup. As it is, hope you enjoyed the game, even though it was a loss, without regret.

Given the fact that you couldn't get there before it started anyway, I would have probably made the lineup changes first. I would've taken what, 5-10 minutes? But normally I make my bye-week lineup changes well before Sunday, and the only last minute changes I have are either injuries I'm monitoring or a last minute change of heart on players that are close (like dropping Breaston to pick up TB's defense this weekend because I didn't trust the Vikings to hold down Brees' passing game), and most of the time they turn out to be about that successful (although I lost by more than that this week).

Unless I had a large sum of money on the line, I'd go to the game every time.

I have season tickets to the Broncos, so it's easier for me to schedule my team around that, but still, if someone said "you lose this week, or you go to the game", I pick the game.

I go to a lot of games, so I'd spend 2 minutes setting my lineup, then leave for the game (if I felt like going).

I lost 2 of my 3 games last weekend and I didn't go to the Bronco game. So yeah, I'd pick the real game over fantasy every time.

It's kinda like asking would you like to be with a real girl or look at pr0n on the internet? Some people take fantasy football way too seriously. Live life, keep fantasies as, well fantasy.

It sounds to me like you are

1 - Lazy.. Waking up at noon? Unless you are 22 and under grownups wake up before noon on Sunday's

2 - A bad manager, there is no way possible even if going to a game last minute I would not have thought oh yeah I forgot to set my lineup, I better call a friend and have them do it.

I usually adjust my roster sunday morning before gametime.

There's your problem, right there. If you make it a habit to set your lineup early and then just RE-check it Sunday mornings, no matter what comes up you know you will have viable players playing. Maybe not the best lineup as some things change throughout the week, but at least guys that aren't on byes.

I'm too much of a fantasy junkie to let something like that happen, though, so it's a moot question to me.

It sounds to me like you are

1 - Lazy.. Waking up at noon? Unless you are 22 and under grownups wake up before noon on Sunday's

2 - A bad manager, there is no way possible even if going to a game last minute I would not have thought oh yeah I forgot to set my lineup, I better call a friend and have them do it.

Good points.

There's your problem, right there. If you make it a habit to set your lineup early and then just RE-check it Sunday mornings, no matter what comes up you know you will have viable players playing. Maybe not the best lineup as some things change throughout the week, but at least guys that aren't on byes.

I'm too much of a fantasy junkie to let something like that happen, though, so it's a moot question to me.

No doubt. I set my lineup as early as the previous Sunday and check it each day through the week. I also don't make any gut calls Sunday morning that ensures I don't shoot myself in the foot. After five weeks, I've only left points on the bench a couple times and even then not alot.

I also don't make any gut calls Sunday morning that ensures I don't shoot myself in the foot. After five weeks, I've only left points on the bench a couple times and even then not alot.

Yeah I am going to start doing that as well. Last week was the first week I didn't have a chance to make any gut calls before moving. I went 5-0 in those leagues, I have probably lost 3 matchups already this year to gut calls, but its hard with injuries. This big one was a couple weeks ago when Maroney was out, I put in Sammy Morris vs. the Fins, and benched LT cause he was questionable and playing on MNF.

DUMB

Yeah, you learned your lesson, always set something in case something happens. Website down, power outage, computer crash, tickets to game at last minute...

lesson learned

:dunno:

:unsure: <_<

I set my lineup on Tuesday, and check the news everyday until gametime.

Same here. But yes, I'd take a loss in my money league for a free NFL game.

I usually adjust my roster sunday morning before gametime. I had a busy week/weekend and hadn't really messed with my lineup since the previous week.

I woke up to a phone call at noon on sunday from a friend (not in any of my 3 leagues) offering me 2 free tickets, 10 rows off the 30 yard line to the titans ravens game. I love the ravens, but have only been to one game, 5 years ago, literally highest seat in the house (loss to the chiefs on monday night).

I immedietly accepted the tickets and made a mad rush to get to the game, and forgot to check anything dealing with fantasy football. Arrived in my seat midway through the first.

I lost 2 games I easily would have one (Each squad had two starters in that were not playing) if I made simple linup changes. I won my last and favorite league because of Antoine Winfield by .2 points.

In retrospect, I wish I could have won all three and gone to the game (even though a loss, still an awesome game to see). Really made me realize how unbeleivably better live is then on the couch or at the bar.

The Question: Would you sacrifice a loss in most or all your games one week to see your favorite squad play especially if the losses could cost you a playoff spot?

My answer: I love fantasy football, but I would do it again without flinching.

What's yours?

Dude... I was at the same game (15th row, 40yd line... there was some serious hitting going on in that game!). 98 Rock sponsors a tent right outside Gate A called "Fantasy Football Zone" 5 dollar 24oz beer and free internet to check fantasy info and change your lineup and what not.... They also do a live broadcast from this tent.

Point is my brotha, you can go watch the game live, AND set ur damn lineup on the same day :unsure:

I know you can. I've been playing for 5 years and this is the first obviously dumb mistake.

As for those asking about lazy etc.

I am 21, a senior in college, and had a very very good weekend starting Thursday night. Friday I had work all day then went out, Saturday I got up early to tailgate, and sunday came too early. Everyother sunday I sell beer at skins games, so I always prepare for that. Just one of those things that happened.

Also, my wallet fell out of my pocket (never happened before) as I ran down the street to grab the tix and someone picked it up before I found it. A neighbor found it and gave it back to me that night, BUT my mind was on my wallet.

This is not an excuse, just something I will only be able to really do for another semester and a half. I hope to be playing ff for a good portion of the rest of my life, but I don't have many more weekends left to wake up at noon on a sunday and feel good about myself.

Are you looking for the typical YES ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! type answer or something more?

It comes down to this:

instant gratification vs. long term depression? hmmmmmm

How long is sex with Jessica Alba gonna last? You don't know, I don't know, I've never had sex with a movie star. Maybe she knows some crazy sh*t in bed no one here has ever heard of.

So to answer the question, since were talking ten losses:

If sex > ten seconds, then yes.

If sex < ten seconds then no.

Get a Blackberry.

/thread.

also, I'd sacrifice ten TOES for sex with Jessica Alba.

Are you looking for the typical YES ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! type answer or something more?

It comes down to this:

How long is sex with Jessica Alba gonna last? You don't know, I don't know, I've never had sex with a movie star. Maybe she knows some crazy sh*t in bed no one here has ever heard of.

I would take 2 seconds in Alba's cooter over a title in any fantasy football league on Earth. As for the time, I would just have sex with her a second and third time to prolong the pleasure. I know I wouldn't last more than 10 seconds in her the first time.

I know you can. I've been playing for 5 years and this is the first obviously dumb mistake.

I am 21, a senior in college, and had a very very good weekend starting Thursday night. Friday I had work all day then went out, Saturday I got up early to tailgate, and sunday came too early. Everyother sunday I sell beer at skins games, so I always prepare for that. Just one of those things that happened.

Also, my wallet fell out of my pocket (never happened before) as I ran down the street to grab the tix and someone picked it up before I found it. A neighbor found it and gave it back to me that night, BUT my mind was on my wallet.

This is not an excuse, just something I will only be able to really do for another semester and a half. I hope to be playing ff for a good portion of the rest of my life, but I don't have many more weekends left to wake up at noon on a sunday and feel good about myself.

Do your thing. Don't worry about justifying it to others on the board. You know how to prioritize and maybe you'll set your lineup sooner.

Would you sacrifice ten losses for sex with Jessica Alba? Inquiring minds want to know! :music_guitarred:

The question is how many seasons of losses I'd sacrifice. A couple years.

It comes down to this:

This answer leads me to believe you don't get laid very much. Who cares if it's 10 minutes or 10 seconds? Obviously, I'd prefer it to be as long as possible but if you're gonna bust in under 10 seconds it's obviously going to be quite good.

The question is how many seasons of losses I'd sacrifice. A couple years.

Yeah, I would gladly become the fantasy football version of the lions to get some of Alba.

This answer leads me to believe you don't get laid very much. Who cares if it's 10 minutes or 10 seconds? Obviously, I'd prefer it to be as long as possible but if you're gonna bust in under 10 seconds it's obviously going to be quite good.

Your response leads me to believe believe you're 46 years old, work a middle income managerial position with little room for improvement, and haven't been laid by you wife/and or whoever in 8 months. But its cool. Do your thing.

Reiterated by this statement.

You wouldn't lose at fantasy football to fock one of the hottest chicks alive? You're either ghey or stupid.

If Jessica Alba walked in and said "I'll fock you, but you have to give up fantasy football forever." I'd have my cack in her before she finished the sentence. Someone else can ride Barber to a title, I'll ride Jessica Alba to wherever the hell she takes me.

The only live game i went to I spent the whole game looking at the league wide scoreboard wondering if any of my guys were the ones scoring the points. So i'm guessing I wouldn't have went to the game. Eapecially if you didn't have time to tailgate.

Either way my lineup would have been done. Like the other posters said. 2-5 minutes tops.

Your response leads me to believe believe you're 46 years old, work a middle income managerial position with little room for improvement, and haven't been laid by you wife/and or whoever in 8 months. But its cool. Do your thing.

No, I'm 26, already make 6 figures with a lot of room for advancement, and I haven't been laid by girlfriend in 5 days (she's out of town, for what it's worth). But you were close :thumbsdown:

Damn sitting at work right now this post made me kind of depressed. Been out of college for 2 years and miss every minute of it. Enjoy it while you can. Losing a week in fantasy football is not the end of the world.

Damn sitting at work right now this post made me kind of depressed. Been out of college for 2 years and miss every minute of it. Enjoy it while you can. Losing a week in fantasy football is not the end of the world.

do you

No, I'm 26, already make 6 figures with a lot of room for advancement, and I haven't been laid by girlfriend in 5 days (she's out of town, for what it's worth). But you were close :overhead:

anytime you need to justify when you get laid/tell everyone how much money you make = i donno...depressed or not confident...its cool though live yo life this is a fantasy football forum