Sign in to follow this  
Pavlov

Help me knock the smirk off of Mr. 5-0's face...

Injuries have pretty much destroyed my team, which is 2-3 but 3rd overall in points, so I'm hoping I'll be able to right the ship before playoff season. I'm facing the league-leader this week and I am desperate to hit .500. Questions abound!

Peyton Manning (vs Balt) or Kyle Orton (vs Atlanta--who, with the exception of the KC game gives up yards in the air. And I'm not convinced KC could put up passing yards against the Stamford band). The fact that this is a serious roster consideration is sign #1 of the apocalypse.

To start or not to start LT. Sign #2.

MJD or just about anyone else?

Right now I'm considering starting Slaton/LT/Sproles in the RB/Flex spots since I figure someone is bound to put up rushing yards vs the Pats.

That leaves Reggie Brown and probably Jackson for WR. I hate this, I really do, but Chris Chambers is out, so VJax could be getting some extra looks and the already soft NE secondary got softer this week.

The downside to all this is that I'm from New England and would spend the weekend rooting for a blow-out.

Injuries have pretty much destroyed my team, which is 2-3 but 3rd overall in points, so I'm hoping I'll be able to right the ship before playoff season. I'm facing the league-leader this week and I am desperate to hit .500. Questions abound!

Peyton Manning (vs Balt) or Kyle Orton (vs Atlanta--who, with the exception of the KC game gives up yards in the air. And I'm not convinced KC could put up passing yards against the Stamford band). The fact that this is a serious roster consideration is sign #1 of the apocalypse.

To start or not to start LT. Sign #2.

MJD or just about anyone else?

Right now I'm considering starting Slaton/LT/Sproles in the RB/Flex spots since I figure someone is bound to put up rushing yards vs the Pats.

That leaves Reggie Brown and probably Jackson for WR. I hate this, I really do, but Chris Chambers is out, so VJax could be getting some extra looks and the already soft NE secondary got softer this week.

The downside to all this is that I'm from New England and would spend the weekend rooting for a blow-out.

Crazy but I prefer hot Orton vs. porous Atl. pass D over still recovering, rusty, not yet on his game Peyton vs. a good Balt. pass D.

I actually like Slaton, with LT and Sproles essentially cornering the entire SD run game and agree 100% on VJax.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327905 -- help me?

I'm still very torn on the Manning vs Orton issue--any additional thoughts? The Ravens are the league's #1 pass defense and Manning hasn't looked good for an entire game yet this season.

Also, Brown was just ruled out for this week's game so I'm getting thinner and thinner at WR. I'm going against Mr. 5-0 and his teams is pretty stacked; it will take a combination of luck/audacity to beat him. Right now I'm looking at starting:

QB: Manning/Orton

RB: LT

RB: Slaton

WR: Moore

WR: Jackson

Flex: ?? MJD or Julius Jones is the real choice here, maybe Sproles to eat up all the points NE gives up vs the run.

TE: Clark

K: Longwell

D: Baltimore

As always, leave a link and I'll hit yours.

Manning had an outstanding passing game against the Ravens D last year but this isnt the same Ravens D and this isnt the same Manning from last year. The Ravens are much improved and not dealing with injuries while Manning is clearly still struggling after missing so much time. Meanwhile, Orton just continues to produce and the Falcons can be thrown on (see Rodgers last week with a bum shoulder). I would go Orton over Manning (cant believe I would ever say that).

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328258

I'm still very torn on the Manning vs Orton issue--any additional thoughts? The Ravens are the league's #1 pass defense and Manning hasn't looked good for an entire game yet this season.

Also, Brown was just ruled out for this week's game so I'm getting thinner and thinner at WR. I'm going against Mr. 5-0 and his teams is pretty stacked; it will take a combination of luck/audacity to beat him. Right now I'm looking at starting:

QB: Manning/Orton

RB: LT

RB: Slaton

WR: Moore

WR: Jackson

Flex: ?? MJD or Julius Jones is the real choice here, maybe Sproles to eat up all the points NE gives up vs the run.

TE: Clark

K: Longwell

D: Baltimore

As always, leave a link and I'll hit yours.

I say go with Manning. The Ravens secondary lost Fabian Washington who was filling in for Samari Rolle. Indy won't be able to run but they can throw it around to the WRs and Addai out of the backfield. Plus, since you have the Bal D, any turnovers Manning might have will just be balanced out by the Def.

ATL can be run on and the man in Chicago is Matt Forte. I think he goes back to having at least 20 carries so Orton won't have to throw as much as in the last couple weeks when the D's were clamping down on the run game.

MJD is your man at Flex. He's up against a pretty mediocre run D in the Broncos. He's going to light it up. I can foresee GB getting out in front quickly and Sea having to dump the run game a little.