Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Which big ticket RB would you try to move?

team is struggling. never saw this comming.

which of these 3 big name RB's would you attempt to trade in order to improve in other areas?

Tomlinson, Addai, Barber.

Barber is the only one I really feel comfortable with and even he has had 2 bad games in a row. Im not sure how long I can continue to wait for these guys to come around. I need help at WR due to poor draft choices. Basically my only performer there is B Marshall.

out of those 3 backs which would you try to move?

what can you expect in return? A top 10 back and a decent WR? Portis+Coles? R.Brown+Boldin?

which of these 3 big name RB's would you attempt to trade in order to improve in other areas?

Barber is the only one I really feel comfortable with and even he has had 2 bad games in a row. Im not sure how long I can continue to wait for these guys to come around. I need help at WR due to poor draft choices. Basically my only performer there is B Marshall.

what can you expect in return? A top 10 back and a decent WR? Portis+Coles? R.Brown+Boldin?

4 Team leagues are awesome.

As a LT owner, I feel your pain. I think you'd be overreaching to try to get for Portis+Coles for any one of those guys since each has a pretty obvious downside. Brown+ Boldin may be possible since Boldin will be out 2 weeks (including the bye) so his owner may be getting anxious for points. I am going to assume that the wildcat will eventually calm down a bit, but Brown will still be a very serviceable #2 RB. If you can get good value, I would see if you can move LT (and Sproles, if you have the handcuff).

Help me out here

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327924

4 Team leagues are awesome.

people too short sighted to understand keeper leagues are awesome

As a LT owner, I feel your pain. I think you'd be overreaching to try to get for Portis+Coles for any one of those guys since each has a pretty obvious downside. Brown+ Boldin may be possible since Boldin will be out 2 weeks (including the bye) so his owner may be getting anxious for points. I am going to assume that the wildcat will eventually calm down a bit, but Brown will still be a very serviceable #2 RB. If you can get good value, I would see if you can move LT (and Sproles, if you have the handcuff).

Help me out here

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327924

thanks for your response. each of the three do have some pretty clear downsides. Actually of the three i think the one with the leas downside is Addai and at this point I also can't imagine anyone would NOT be interested in Barber.

Portis probably doesn't have much downside at the moment so might be wishful thinking to get a guy like him

Try Addai. LT2's struggles are well documented so he might not fetch much; still, you have to shop him around.

I wouldn't trade Barber.

Addai's shown some improvement so he might fetch something based on that and his name.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327905 -- help me?

bump

Well I currently own Barber and he's solid; yes he had some bad games recently but he's still getting touches. The only thing I don't like about Barber is his running style and he could go down at any moment. I'm always holding my breath when I see barber run, although, he is fun to watch running.

I would have to say move LT2. The hype about the guy is still there, in the sense you can still get good value for him but I personally think he's fadding. He may get you 1200 yds 12 tds but this injury isnt going away anytime soon.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328033

Move LT if you can, but in a keeper league his worth will be a bit lower than in a redraft. Barber is a top-5 guy for the next couple of years, so don't ditch him. Addai may have greater value than LT right now, but his poor production early in the season may have them about even. If you're trying to move Addai, I'd say do it today, because he is probably not going to have his best performance against the Ravens. I don't know what you should expect in terms of returns--the leagues I'm in are very conservative on trades, so I haven't gotten a great sense for exchange value this year--but I would hope for an RB2 and WR1 given your specific needs. Would love Brown and Boldin if you could pull that off.

Looking towards the future, how many do you keep? Barber and Marshall are automatic, so if it's only two, move whoever. If it's more than that, you may want to go after someone like Chris Johnson. A promising rookie will be both strong down the stretch and a huge asset next year.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328001

Move LT if you can, but in a keeper league his worth will be a bit lower than in a redraft. Barber is a top-5 guy for the next couple of years, so don't ditch him. Addai may have greater value than LT right now, but his poor production early in the season may have them about even. If you're trying to move Addai, I'd say do it today, because he is probably not going to have his best performance against the Ravens. I don't know what you should expect in terms of returns--the leagues I'm in are very conservative on trades, so I haven't gotten a great sense for exchange value this year--but I would hope for an RB2 and WR1 given your specific needs. Would love Brown and Boldin if you could pull that off.

Looking towards the future, how many do you keep? Barber and Marshall are automatic, so if it's only two, move whoever. If it's more than that, you may want to go after someone like Chris Johnson. A promising rookie will be both strong down the stretch and a huge asset next year.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328001

thanks for the replies..

its is a 3 player keeper but after next season everything resets and we redraft so this is the last season with keepers in mind. Marshall and Barber for sure and I would think that either LT or Addai (whichever i don't trade) would be a good 3rd keeper or honestly someone who i bring back in a trade like a boldin for example.

LT is the RB that I would get rid of. The other 2 are younger and knock on wood, not playing with an injury that will linger.

Hey Wonder-

Sorry to hear things haven't gone as planned. I would try to move Addai but his value is not great. If you could get Brown & Boldin for LT then I would say do that deal. What's the rest of your lineup, any bench players you can trade?

Good luck man and thx for the help in the past! :pointstosky:

Hey Wonder-

Sorry to hear things haven't gone as planned. I would try to move Addai but his value is not great. If you could get Brown & Boldin for LT then I would say do that deal. What's the rest of your lineup, any bench players you can trade?

Good luck man and thx for the help in the past! :ninja:

thanks man. im still alive but seems like my roster needs a shakeup. ive offered LT and Holmes in a bunch of package deals

one of them includes getting coles (i think i advised you to trade for him or draft him not positive) but i really like his outlook the rest of the season.

one of them includes getting coles (i think i advised you to trade for him or draft him not positive) but i really like his outlook the rest of the season.

Yes you did and what great advice. I think another big problem w/ the Chargers is Norv Turner. Could you imagine how good they would be had they kept Brees and maybe hired someone like Sean Payton instead of Turner?

I think Ronnie will be solid every week and he's already had his bye so if you can get him and a solid WR for LT, do it. Have you tried trading LT straightup for Westbrook?

Yes you did and what great advice. I think another big problem w/ the Chargers is Norv Turner. Could you imagine how good they would be had they kept Brees and maybe hired someone like Sean Payton instead of Turner?

I think Ronnie will be solid every week and he's already had his bye so if you can get him and a solid WR for LT, do it. Have you tried trading LT straightup for Westbrook?

ugh prior to last years draft i traded Westbrook (one of my keepers at the time) for two draftpicks. Those picks turned out to be addai and marion barber so no complaints on my end but prior to westy's injuries i was sitting there thinking damn i could have him right now.

the westy owner is a big eagles fan so i doubt he does that trade.

i was just offered Turner and Coles for LT and Holmes. not sure i wanna do this as i really don't trust Turner (he faces some stiff D's in the fantasy playoffs)