Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

No kicker on my team

Would you go 1 week without a kicker because you didn't want to drop any of your players to the waiver wire?

That is what I am facing this week. I have a trade pending that will free up a spot on my roster, but it is not in effect until week 7.

ask yourself this, do u like lickin starfish? whatever answer u come up with, go with that.

Is that a chocolate starfish?

Would you go 1 week without a kicker because you didn't want to drop any of your players to the waiver wire?

That is what I am facing this week. I have a trade pending that will free up a spot on my roster, but it is not in effect until week 7.

I know your situation because I have been there. I have gone without K, TE, and Def in the past because I didn't have anyone to drop and I was too high on the WW to get them back. If this is the case you probably have a pretty good roster and can withstand the lose of 5-10 points. That is what you have to determine.

I am guessing your kicker is Reed or Lindell, in the one league I checked both were dropped this week. I would not keep either unless I knew I didn't need their 8.8 points per game this week.

If Winslow is a no go for Monday night, I've gotta roll without a TE. Backing up Westy, Boldin, and TENN DEF in a league with limited roster spots. Gonna miss the points but can't drop anyone.

I have gone most of a season without a kicker before.

I have gone most of a season without a kicker before.

You've also gone years without a worthwhile post, so what's your point?

I love ya Pimptadddy, but going without a kicker's 5-10 points a week is freakin' retarded.

You've also gone years without a worthwhile post, so what's your point?

I love ya Pimptadddy, but going without a kicker's 5-10 points a week is freakin' retarded.

I had a stacked team and wanted the RB depth.

Fair enough, but if you ever lost by a few points, would really it be worth having a 6th or 7th RB on the bench?

I don't understand the people who carry a backup kicker, but having an empty roster spot seems like asking for trouble.

Fair enough, but if you ever lost by a few points, would really it be worth having a 6th or 7th RB on the bench?

I don't understand the people who carry a backup kicker, but having an empty roster spot seems like asking for trouble.

I made the playoffs with that team. I only did it because my team was so stacked and I eventually traded the extra back for a top kicker to use during the late season and playoffs.

When I see a team with two kickers on their roster I know they are not going to make the playoffs. Two kickers on a roster is a sign that the owner does not know what they are doing.

Any fantasy league where the bench isn't deep enough to accommodate droppable players is a little crazy. Even if your bench is that "stacked", I'd find one way or another to not have any empty roster slot.

I never take for granted that the remainder of my team is good enough to win without a DEF or K, no matter how bad the opposition is. Anything can happen any given week and not having all roster spots filled is just wreckless.

Kickers and D/ST are the most undervalued positions in fantasy, yet they are most often the easiest to obtain and predict (at least for me).