Sign in to follow this  
Sir Sydney

Romo out...but I have Cutler

Well, obviously, Romo is out 4-5 weeks, but didn't have a great playoff schedule. I was trying to offload him anyway, since I have Cutler.

Have an offer out there (I proposed) Warner for Romo straight up.

Is that unreasonable? His other QB is Rivers. Warner is on by next week, and Warner's playoff schedule is nice (STL, MIN, @NE)...well, maybe not the last one. Cutler's playoff schedule is (KC, @CAR, BUF). Is this fair, or did I not ask for enough in return for Romo?

His roster:

QB: Warner, Rivers

RB: Edge, Jones, Pittman, McClain, Morris, Faulk, Green

WR: Burress, Jones, Toomer, Randle El

TE: Gates

K: Longwell

DST: Chicago

My roster:

Ok...I canceled the trade because I need to get a RB out of the deal. What would be a good strategy? Can I get an RB1 (e.g. Gore for Romo and a WR2 e.g. ?) It'll all depend on the other owner's QB depth to wait out Romo's injury.

I agree with the others, you can get more than just Warner. As far as what you can get, you can always try to get an RB1 like Gore or Portis, but that might be a hard sell. You need to find someone that is decent at QB, good in the current but looking to upgrade for the stretch run. And of course, they have to have that RB you want. You might find that situation difficult.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328676

Gore is pretty much the 2nd or 3rd best RB in fantasy right now, so I highly doubt you'll get him for a QB who can't play for the next 4 weeks. You might be able to work a package deal, where you send something like Romo/Turner and get a better RB along with a QB like Garrard or Garcia for your bye week. You could also try to deal him for Witten, who'll probably still see big-time work with Brad Johnson starting. Gotta think outside the box when you're moving an injured guy.

Here's an interesting idea.

What about trading Romo/Turner to the Garrard/R. Bush owner (he also has Eli Manning)? Will Reggie Bush be a better option over Turner? His special teams involvement has made him the highest RB in our league (1pt/15 return yards).

Hi roster:

QB: Garrard, Eli Manning

RB: R. Bush, Hall, T. Jones, R. Williams

WR: TO, Davis, Driver, Bowe, R. Moss,

TE:Boss, Gonzo

K: Gostkowski, Akers

DST: Baltimore

Well let's see so far you have asked for the #2 and #3 overall rb's for an inconsistent rb and a top qb but a guy who is out for 4 weeks. You may want to temper your expectations. If I was that guy I would counter with Garrard/Jones for Romo/ Turner. If you want Gore, Bush, or Portis you better be prepared to pay in which case if I were you I'd ride Cutler and just try to grab someone off the wire, like Orton, to serve as your backup until Romo comes back. Good luck

mine please http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328735