Sign in to follow this  
ravenwood

Lendale White

Assuming I have no errant cheeseburgers lying around, do y'all think that he is safe to start as bye week filler playing that KC line with the widest gash this side of.... (fill in the blank)?

The Titans' training staff put a few bandages around the Whale's blowhole, and he's good to go.

Facing that pathetic Chief defense, he should be good for 60 yards and a TD. CJ gets around 120 total yards and a TD. This may be the week he breaks a long one.

What's going on with his shoulder..? There is no news anywhere

I need to choose between him and Dunn (sitting my Baltimore crew until further notice)

Lets hear some feedback on his prospects at KC this Sunday, Thanks!!!

The Titans will use Lendale a lot more this week than they have the last 2 games. Minnesota and Baltimore are not teams that you can pound Lendale up the middle with any success. KC on the other hand, is. I think he'll get 15-18 carries with a good shot at a TD. I think Chris Johnson will see 15-18 carries as well and may get close to 100 yards on the ground. With the Ravens and Vikings behind them, both Titans backs will be good starts from here on I think.

People who think that Lendale is suddenly irrelevant based on the last two games are not looking at the whole picture here.

The Titans will use Lendale a lot more this week than they have the last 2 games. Minnesota and Baltimore are not teams that you can pound Lendale up the middle with any success. KC on the other hand, is. I think he'll get 15-18 carries with a good shot at a TD. I think Chris Johnson will see 15-18 carries as well and may get close to 100 yards on the ground. With the Ravens and Vikings behind them, both Titans backs will be good starts from here on I think.

People who think that Lendale is suddenly irrelevant based on the last two games are not looking at the whole picture here.

I wouldn't say that Lendale is suddenly not fantasy-relevant, but he is certainly less relevant than he was at the start of the year. The best time to start him will be against teams that the Titans should beat easily because Lendale will likely be used to kill clock during garbage time (so they don't risk injury to CJ). CJ is the team's main offensive weapon and will be used more going forward, but he's not going to suddenly become the workhorse, every down RB. I'd look for most weeks to see CJ get around 20 carries + some receptions and Lendale to get around 10 carries, with the GL carries no longer all going to Lendale since CJ has done well in his recent opportunities there.

I think he's startable this week, but there's no way you should ever start him over Slaton. Normally not over Graham either, but with Graham's role in flux due to FB injuries, it's tough to predict how he'll be used.

Lendale has scored in every game this year but one (against Baltimore) He will score against the Chiefs. This game will be over in the thrd quarter. I expect 50 yds minimum and a TD or 2.

Anybody starting both Chris Johnson and Lendale White this week?

I'm seriously considering it based on the matchup against Kansas City.

My other options are (the aforementioned) Earnest Graham and Matt Forte. Forte has a very difficult matchup against Minnesota and his numbers have been coming down every week.

Thoughts?

I never wish injuries on players. That's just wrong. I only wish Chris Johnson would get arrested on dog fighting charges or double homicide or something.

:dunno:

The only concern I have playing Lendale is what happened to Jonathan Stewart. He didn't get the TD's because Williams was taking them the distance, which could happen with Chris Johnson. But I'm willing to bet that won't happen again, and Lendale should get at least a score.

As a chiefs homer, I'm starting them both with confidence. I see no reason why Tenn. needs to even throw a pass in this game, so I think all the yardage comes from rushing, I'm predicting over 200 yards of rushing in this game, and several rushing TD's. My other rb's are: LJ (doh!), Turner (bye), Deuce, F.Jones(out). Won't start Deuce, as he's just depth on my team, and I already have too many Saints.

How White is deemed 'fantasy irrelevant' by anyone is beyond me. He has 5 td's in 5 games. He's averaging 12.5 carries a week and he plays for a run-first team that loves to play the ball-control game.

Sure, he's fat and slow and boring to watch. But he's also very much undervalued and you could probably get him for pennies on the dollar.

Don't forget, Chris Johnson is a rooke. And undersized (by today's standards) for a feature back. When/if Johnson starts to hit that 'rookie wall", that's more carries that will go to White. White's value has probably hit bottom, following 3 unproductive weeks (MINN, BAL, BYE), making him an excellent buy-low candidate. Other than weeks 10 and 16 against CHI and PIT, the Titans have as good as a schedule as a Rb could hope for (KC, IND, GB, JAX, NYJ, DET, CLEV, HOU).

And no, I don't own him, but it's not for lack of trying.

I have a delema with LenWhale as well. I need to decide on my RB2 between him vs KC, Jamal vs the Skins, or Ronnie Brown vs the Ravens. I sort of decided that Ronnie was my RB2, after Barber, after being on my beanch for his 5td game vs the Pats.....however it seems that the Raven run D could be an exception with LenDale going against the KC ninas.

I originally drafted Jamal as my RB2 but I am not convinced that he is a better play over Ronnie or White against the Redskins this week. I think I am going with Lendale and hope Ronnie Brown doesn´t score 3 td´s over the Raven´s in some new spreads that confuse the Raven´s D.

How White is deemed 'fantasy irrelevant' by anyone is beyond me. He has 5 td's in 5 games. He's averaging 12.5 carries a week and he plays for a run-first team that loves to play the ball-control game.

Sure, he's fat and slow and boring to watch. But he's also very much undervalued and you could probably get him for pennies on the dollar.

Don't forget, Chris Johnson is a rooke. And undersized (by today's standards) for a feature back. When/if Johnson starts to hit that 'rookie wall", that's more carries that will go to White. White's value has probably hit bottom, following 3 unproductive weeks (MINN, BAL, BYE), making him an excellent buy-low candidate. Other than weeks 10 and 16 against CHI and PIT, the Titans have as good as a schedule as a Rb could hope for (KC, IND, GB, JAX, NYJ, DET, CLEV, HOU).

And no, I don't own him, but it's not for lack of trying.

EXACTLY!! :overhead:

I'm not one to back down from a fat joke, but honestly, as a Lendale owner, this is a guy who everytime I start him he comes through for me. He's had bad matchups the past few weeks, but as a fantasy owner you gotta realize that. The future looks bright for him.

All this talk about him getting phased out by Chris Johnson is non-sense. Why would they change anything, it's obviously working for them?

I'll be starting him without any worries.

I'm thinking of starting C. Johnson over Tomlinson. Am i crazy to even think of this. C. Johnson is explosive but White always gets the TD's it seems.

With Fitz and Roddy White on byes, and Slaton already starting in my flex he'll be my next option if Portis somehow can't go tomorrow.

Against KC 50 and a TD are a given. I'd even go out on a limb and say 100 yards is a possibility.

Croyle's starting for KC, so Tenn. is going to dominate the time of posession.

I'd say it's looking good for those that started Lendale White.

Chris Johnson: 9 rushes - 82 yards

Lendale White: 8 rushes - 34 yards - 2 TDs

Not bad for the first half. :lol:

I started both of them. Wouldn't mind seeing a second half repeat. :(

Amen to that - thanks to Lendale, I am going for the weekly high score bonus in my league. Someone must have a plate of ribs in the end zone.

I'd say it's looking good for those that started Lendale White.

Chris Johnson: 9 rushes - 82 yards

Lendale White: 8 rushes - 34 yards - 2 TDs

Not bad for the first half. :lol:

I started both of them. Wouldn't mind seeing a second half repeat. :(

Rumbling, Stumbling, Bumbling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that - thanks to Lendale, I am going for the weekly high score bonus in my league. Someone must have a plate of ribs in the end zone.

I'm thinking of starting C. Johnson over Tomlinson. Am i crazy to even think of this. C. Johnson is explosive but White always gets the TD's it seems.

Well i did start C. Johnson over L.T. so i'm happy but sad to see L.T. is slipping off. He's been my keeper since 2002. I've gone 7 years without debating my keeper.