Sign in to follow this  
rolltyde1

Explanation for Chicago TD

Here is the Play.

(12:23) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass short middle to 88-D.Clark to MIN 1 for 35 yards (23-C.Griffin). FUMBLES (23-C.Griffin), recovered by CHI-81-R.Davis at MIN -1. TOUCHDOWN. CHI-23-D.Hester was injured during the play. He is Out.

So, who gets the credit for the TD? Chicago D/ST or Davis? Since Davis is a WR. Right now on NFL.com they are not marking it as a TD for Davis and EA fantasy doesn't have it on Davis or Chicago. Someone has to get the points.

that's my though too, just not sure why the stats don't reflect that. I also assume that there is no credit to Orton for the TD pass since it was a pass to clark, then fumbled and recovered by Davis??

that's my though too, just not sure why the stats don't reflect that. I also assume that there is no credit to Orton for the TD pass since it was a pass to clark, then fumbled and recovered by Davis??

It's one of those usual plays that will get standardized tonight or tomorrow.

And no, Orton doesn't get a TD pass. If Clark had lateralled it to Davis instead of fumbling it, then Orton would have gotten a TD.

it should be a td for wr davis, not the chicago def as yahoo leagues are showing, right?

Yes. The ball never changed possession so it shouldn't count for the Bears D.

it should be a td for wr davis, not the chicago def as yahoo leagues are showing, right?

So DAvis will get credited for the touchdown only correct? No yardage i wouldnt think would he?

:doh:

This is the same play that happened last year with Kevin Curtis.

In our ESPN league he originally didn't get the score but the site fixed it the following day.

Some leagues scored it TD for Curtis, others didn't - depends on your rules/settings.

In no way should a D/ST get the TD.

I remember a few more years back McCardell had a similiar one ....

Tampa Bay QB threw a pick ... the D on the runback fumbled ... McCardell picked it up and scored.

Since possession did change it really threw in a clusterfock.

Don't recall the outcome ....

Yahoo counted it as a TD for Davis
No they didn't I started him and he has no touchdown.The guy who has bears Defense in my league got the points.

Here is the answer:

It is an "Offensive Fumble Return TD" for Davis. This is a whole separate category in Yahoo scoring, so unless you have it as a category he won't get credit for the TD because it is neither a passing, receiving, or rushing TD.

As someone mentioned before, since the ball never changed possession, it is not a defensive TD.

An interesting thing happened in the Yahoo league I run a couple years ago. The 49ers defense recovered a fumble, then in the process of returning it, it was fumbled by whomever originally recovered it and Derek Smith recovered that fumble for a TD. It counted as both an offensive fumble return TD for Smith as well as a defensive TD. However, in a case like that, since the 2nd fumble recovery was an offensive one (they already had possession), Derek Smith should not have gotten a defensive TD on top of it, though I feel 49ers D should have because regardless of who returned it, it was a TD for the defense.

Here is the Play.

(12:23) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass short middle to 88-D.Clark to MIN 1 for 35 yards (23-C.Griffin). FUMBLES (23-C.Griffin), recovered by CHI-81-R.Davis at MIN -1. TOUCHDOWN. CHI-23-D.Hester was injured during the play. He is Out.

So, who gets the credit for the TD? Chicago D/ST or Davis? Since Davis is a WR. Right now on NFL.com they are not marking it as a TD for Davis and EA fantasy doesn't have it on Davis or Chicago. Someone has to get the points.

That play is an offensive touchdown. The play that I am concerned about is the muff of the punt resulting in a defensive/special teams TD. In my league a muff (including onsides kicks) is not considered a turnover since there was no change of possesion. This is similar to an offensive TD, right? However, the muff of the punt was scored as a fumble for a touchdown in my league. So, the team was given points for the fumble "recovery" and the TD as a special teams score. My question to my league commisioner was "how can you have a defense/special teams score on a muff of a punt but not a muff of a kickoff(i.e. onsides kick)? I did not get a satisfactory answer.

That play is an offensive touchdown. The play that I am concerned about is the muff of the punt resulting in a defensive/special teams TD. In my league a muff (including onsides kicks) is not considered a turnover since there was no change of possesion.

In most leagues I've played in when a similar situation comes up, it is not a turnover but it should be a Special Teams TD, and since most leagues lump D/STs, that's who get's the points.

My question to my league commisioner was "how can you have a defense/special teams score on a muff of a punt but not a muff of a kickoff(i.e. onsides kick)? I did not get a satisfactory answer.

I'd be curious to see the reasoning, myself.

The play that I am concerned about is the muff of the punt resulting in a defensive/special teams TD. In my league a muff (including onsides kicks) is not considered a turnover since there was no change of possesion. This is similar to an offensive TD, right? However, the muff of the punt was scored as a fumble for a touchdown in my league. So, the team was given points for the fumble "recovery" and the TD as a special teams score. My question to my league commisioner was "how can you have a defense/special teams score on a muff of a punt but not a muff of a kickoff(i.e. onsides kick)? I did not get a satisfactory answer.

It's a special teams TD, as once the ball gets kicked past the Line of Scrimmage, it's a special teams play.

But, as I recall, a muffed kick/punt can't be advanced. You're not going to see a muffed kickoff for a TD, but you can easily see a muffed punt for a TD (as we saw yesterday).

But the team shouldn't have been given a fumble recovery, just the TD, as the Viking never had control of the ball.

Anyone in a CBS league get an update on this?

Ours is still not showing it for davis but not showing it for the TE or Chicago defense either?

Its basically the difference whether i win or lose this week...just seeing if anyone else is in the same spot.

Biggity Bump....

Now that the dust has settled, can I get an update on how other leagues ended up scoring this TD.

Thanks.

It is an offensive TD for R Davis. We made 6pt pt adjustment for R Davis.

Biggity Bump....

Now that the dust has settled, can I get an update on how other leagues ended up scoring this TD.

Thanks.

It is an offensive TD for R Davis. We made 6pt pt adjustment for R Davis.

Our CBS scored a 6 point td with 0 rushing for Davis.

However its under misc scoring on the CBS site so your Commish may not have activated the individual recovery of football for td.....basically ours wasnt activated but the league ruled on common sense and gave me the td.....and it also gave me a 4 point win last week....thus tearing the balls off my opponent.