Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Any unusual Defense/ST out there?

I'm not talking about the usual suspects like Chicago, Balt, TBay.

I mean diamonds in the rough type teams. Do you see any defense/ST rising out of the ashes this week and beyond?

I've been keeping my eye on the Rams, but they do not have a good match up this week, and last week's match up with Romo-less Cowboys is hard to evaluate.

Thoughts?

The Rams DST is interesting. They've been lights out ever since the DC moved to the HC spot, who knew?

I'm rolling the dice on the San Fran DST this week. Hopefully Seneca Wallace won't let me down.

The Rams DST is interesting. They've been lights out ever since the DC moved to the HC spot, who knew?

That was actually the first one that came to my mind. 31 PPG for the first 4 games, 7 sacks, 7 turnovers and a TD in the last 2 weeks.

I picked up the Jets, but the Browns play the Ravens in a week or so, and Josh Cribbs is probably due to break a kickoff return.

As bad as their offense has been, their defense has been pretty solid.

Jets D/ST has a lot of great matchups the rest of the way starting with KC this week.

Yup - totally agree. The Jets DST will give you more good games than bad here on out.

Don\'t know about the rest of the year, but my bye week replacement is the Texans vs. Bengals. Texans will be pinning ears back against Fitzpatrick and a weak group of runningbacks.

You can almost guarantee 5 sacks and a TD somewhere.

The one matchup that gets me excited this week would be San Fran....

New head coach Mike Singletary is respected by the players and we know about his Defense knowledge.....Thinking maybe the D comes up big for him for his first game which is at home.

Also SF D did well vs Seattle at the beginning of the year.

Furthermore, I even checked to see Senaca Wallace's history vs SF and it dates back to Nov 2006 where he threw 3 INT's and had some sacks....At that time, Seattle had some better core players (Darrell Jackson, Deion Branch (healthy), and Shaun Alexander)

Its a somewhat "too obvious" play, but my choices are pretty much limited this week.

Good luck!