Sign in to follow this  
FantasyKing

Let's talk Donnie Avery!

It pains me to even see his name, knowing I benched him for F***ing Josh Morgan. What an idiot I am for listening to the so-called experts.

A lot of the "experts" said Cedric Benson was a must start. Glad I didn't listen. THe dude hasn't proved anything yet. I started LenWhale instead. I guess we'll see....but I'm glad I listened to my own "expert"...my gut and brain.

i as an owner of avery may have to think of him as a must start for now on....i had him on the bench in favor of colston, vjax and wayne and my lose unless wayne can get me about 4 catches 50+ yards and a td......in the other league i had avery on the bench in favor or steve smith, fitzgerald and evans so with those guys its hard to see any of them on the bench....i might have to trade 1 of them away and get a running back since ronnie brown and AP have been killing me

I traded for Ward this week as my #3 WR behind Colston and Plax going forward, but with Avery's performance I don't see how I can bench him. Colston's got a bye next week, but after that Ward might be riding my bench while Avery starts. Or if Colston doesn't start performing he may be on the bench, but I don't think that will happen. Eh, maybe Plax gets suspended again and the decision is made for me. :pointstosky:

This kid from Houston is the real deal. Its difficult not to start him even though I got Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Bowe

I picked up Avery as soon as he caught that TD yesterday in one league he was available, but I don't know if I could start him over my other WRs. We can start 2 WRs and have a flex W/R spot, so 3 max any week.

my WRs:

A.Johnson

B.Marshall

G.Jennings

D.Avery

A.Bryant

K.Walter

But he makes for good insurance against an injury or a REALLY bad matchup for one of the other studs.

Avery's simply not gonna catch a long bomb TD in every game. Not in that offense.. not in any offense.. it's just not gonna happen. What is impressive about him is that he had double digit targets (as per my fave paysite).. and had a bunch of long receptions.

For him to really be fantasy relevant, on that team, for the rest of this season, is if the Lambs get SJax back and Holt keeps drawing respectable coverage.. freeing the kid up.

All-in-all.. that does really make him a nice pickup. Clearly Bulger is finding him useful and it's GREAT to be able to add the #1 WR in an offense going into weeks 9-10. Let's just see if he continues on a pretty good run as teams now adjust to him added attention, safety helping out over the top on him, etc..