Sign in to follow this  
tony hardware

In ground pool advice needed

Has anyone had an inground pool installed? What is the average cost? Are there alternatives to inground concrete, e.g. fiberglass? (not above ground). What about maintenance costs?

:headbanger:

Before you spend the money on an in ground pool, contact a local Realtor to find out if it will raise or LOWER the value of your home. Many people do not want an in ground pool and it could cost you in the long run. :dunno:

hey qlazzarus, did you get the extra cash from stealing dues for FF leauges?

This won't affect your paxil intake will it?

Our house had one although we resurfaced it. I would avoid pebbletek; it looks pretty but is hard on the feet. Stick with traditional plaster. Also if you can afford it I suggest the salt filter vs. traditional chlorine; much easier to maintain.

We have a small inground pool. It was done by a leading company in our area and looks great with the raised stone flower bed behind it with 8' palm trees and cypress plants. The under water lights change colors and you can see the water falls from the family room.

All this comes to you for the low-low monthly cost of $135 for our "platinum" pool service. The pool service is really good. If there is a problem (like a filter change or a burned out motor, they fix things right up (for more money, of coarse)). Be ready for pool services and pool supply places that will rip you off. Our first service waited 'til it was freezing out and doubled our monthly charge. We dumped them, naturally, as soon as we found our current service. Also a pool supply store tried to cheat my wife as soon as they found out we had never had a pool before. They recommended numerous unneeded repairs and services including a change to salt water.