Sign in to follow this  
aportanenko

Addai owners

Don't trade him. The Colts now enter their easy part of their schedule. I just traded for him last week for this reason only. I gave up a 5th round pick next year for a 6th round pick.

Don't trade him. The Colts now enter their easy part of their schedule. I just traded for him last week for this reason only. I gave up a 5th round pick next year for a 6th round pick.

I'm looking to get him too for the very same reason although I'm still wary of the hammy (they take forever to heal right) and Rhodes vulturing the carries, what were the exact specs of your trade?

addai is hit-or-miss right now, as they still have not resolved the run game issues. id probably accept a bonafide weekly performer, but that's hard to come by right now---most of these players are much better than addai now, even allowing for his upside [the team itself seems to be righting its ship and scheduled to perform well oer the next months]. guys like memo, lynch, or grant come to mind.

personally, i lean towards keeping him: manning has played great his past 2 games vs tough defenses in must wins [5TDs/0INTs]. the schedule is soft---addai has a knack for posting minimal yds but scoring TDs [ie last yr down the stretch, ravens and texans].

addai is hit-or-miss right now, as they still have not resolved the run game issues. id probably accept a bonafide weekly performer, but that's hard to come by right now---most of these players are much better than addai now, even allowing for his upside [the team itself seems to be righting its ship and scheduled to perform well oer the next months]. guys like memo, lynch, or grant come to mind.

personally, i lean towards keeping him: manning has played great his past 2 games vs tough defenses in must wins [5TDs/0INTs]. the schedule is soft---addai has a knack for posting minimal yds but scoring TDs [ie last yr down the stretch, ravens and texans].

I'd like some more inputs on what value range he's going for.

I personally am thinking of offering Welker for him right now (Addai would replace Welker in my flex). Not sure I want to do that though, because if Addai doesn't work out I've got no Plan B. So I'd like to hear what other people are getting him for.

I'm looking to get him too for the very same reason although I'm still wary of the hammy (they take forever to heal right) and Rhodes vulturing the carries, what were the exact specs of your trade?

I did give up Ellis (who went off this week, wouldn't know it) So, I got Addai and his 6th round pick in 2009 or Eliis and my 5th round pick in 2009. I have Sjax and Forte and now Addai. I was worried about Sjax so now I have a good back up plan.

I did give up Ellis (who went off this week, wouldn't know it) So, I got Addai and his 6th round pick in 2009 or Eliis and my 5th round pick in 2009. I have Sjax and Forte and now Addai. I was worried about Sjax so now I have a good back up plan.

wow, so addai and a 6th for waiverwire Charlie and a fifth. And this is a keeper league so they're like 10 round picks right? That's a whole lot less than the other guy who would be interested in someon like Lynch. Has his stock dropped that badly or did you get really lucky? Congrats either way.

WOAH! That's a major... :wub: :overhead:

I was gonna have a lineup of

delhomme

s.jax

addai

colston

fitz

holt

Winslow

I didn't mind having holt as my wr3. I figured i'd find somebody to fill the flex on a matchup basis or a ww pickup. If you look at that team now, it looks like the all disappointment team.

I don't own Addai, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't trade Cedric Benson for him. That's how little I value Joseph's fantasy potential.

This is like the question Marisa Tomei gets asked in My Cousin Vinny... It's a trick question. SOMEBODY's going to score those RB pts in Indy with this cake schedule coming up. To me, Domenic Rhodes is just a plumber. He's fixing the drain and pipes until Addai gets back to work.

The big question is Addai injury-wise and whether he's right. Who the f*ck knows because Doogie Hoswer Dungy can't be relied upon to give a straight answer when it comes to Colts players and injuries.

I'd consider the risk loss, versus the potential reward. Welker for Addai is a joke. Ellis for Addai is an even bigger joke. Input like this just reminds me that all kinds of types playing in all characters of leagues contribute to this board.

If anybody's selling, I'd buy low big-time.

If anybody's selling, I'd buy low big-time.

It's easy to say "buy low" but not list a price you're willing to pay. If you want to be helpful, name some players that you would give up off your starting lineup for Addai that the Addai owner might be likely to accept.

I don't own Addai, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't trade Cedric Benson for him. That's how little I value Joseph's fantasy potential.

I'm hearing nothing but bad about Addai. His hammy was aggravated in the Steeler game, he's dancing too much at the line, Rhodes is much more decisive right now, he plays slower than last year.....I'm staying away. He's got name value at the moment, and that's about it.

It's easy to say "buy low" but not list a price you're willing to pay. If you want to be helpful, name some players that you would give up off your starting lineup for Addai that the Addai owner might be likely to accept.

Update, Addai owner says he is willing to give him up for Gore AND Welker in a ppr (Welker's specialty). On a related note, it's not a good idea to laugh while drinking Yoo-Hoo, 'stings the nostrils'.

I just traded SJax for Addai.

I'm 5-5 and need to win -now- to even have a shot at our playoffs. 4 more weeks in reg season and a 8-6 record should get me to the playoffs. My thought is Indy's schedule is nice and their run game eventually has to start doing better and shouldn't Addai be the guy?

If SJax plays this week and does well of course I'll feel like an ass, but I can't wait around for an injured player.

So you traded an injured stud for a healthy bum :thumbsup:

Stud can't do much when he's not playing. :overhead:

Addai's last 3 "bum" games have been against BAL, NE, and PIT.

We'll see how this trade works out a few weeks from now. I shall return.

Well dude, I took the question to be one of what is Addai's overal worth right now.

How can I possibly throw players out from MY roster in MY league when the dynamics of all leagues are different? The Addai owner in my league likes him, and won't part with him. Also, he is a keeper for him at $4 (we play auction, don't you???), which drives up his worth some.

But to answer your question, off MY roster I'd give up my 3rd string QB (Quinn), maybe TJones, the Whale, or Lee Evans. But not Rodgers, Rivers, LJ, Wayne, or Cal Johnson.

Make sense? Didn't think so. Buy low means buy low, in any league.

off MY roster I'd give up my 3rd string QB (Quinn), maybe TJones, the Whale, or Lee Evans.

You'd give up Thomas Jones for a bum like Addai? Can I join your league? Thomas Jones is the 5th leading rusher in the NFL and has been smoking hot the past month. He's racked up 7 touchdowns over his last 5 games alone! Addai is an overrated piece of crap. He had a good first half of 2007 but has stunk ever since.

Sell low? Might as well keep him now because his value can't get any lower. But he has a very good scedule ahead, and he MIGHT return to the form he showed in his 1st year and a half in the NFL. Of course, you MIGHT be able to trade him for Braylon Edwards.............if that trade appeals to you.

Seriously don't you guys have trade deadlines? :music_guitarred:

Yes, Thursday Nov 13th 8:15pm.

Just about every league has a trade deadline somewhere around NFL week 10-11, FYI.

But to answer your question, off MY roster I'd give up my 3rd string QB (Quinn), maybe TJones, the Whale, or Lee Evans. But not Rodgers, Rivers, LJ, Wayne, or Cal Johnson.

Wow, that really narrows down the price. TJones (rolling, 5th leading rusher), Lee Evans (avg 78 yds/game) or Brady Quinn (1 start). Not really buying low if your paying with Jones or Evans or possibly even White. Quinn, yes, probably too low. I think White is a decent price depending on the rest of a roster.

Off my roster, I do have Addai:

Kevin Smith

Cedric Benson

I just traded away addai and cutler and in return got gore and big ben. i think gores schedule could be easier than addais and like people have said before indy hasnt figured out their run offense yet.

I just traded away addai and cutler and in return got gore and big ben. i think gores schedule could be easier than addais and like people have said before indy hasnt figured out their run offense yet.

Just picked up addai. We'll see how it goes.