Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

DALLAS COWBOYS

I'm a homer fan and I have never seen it this bad. Don't bother to tell me how long it's been since they have won a play-off game; I already know that. I am talking about this year. They stink on ice. I thought the most telling comment came from Steven Jackson. He said THE RAMS could tell that if they played them tuff they would fold like lawn chairs.

The local media is just brutal. They rake Wade over the coals non-stop and wish Jerry Jones would sell the team.

Naturally, I hope the Cowboys find a way to beat the Redskins this week but I wouldn't bet a dingleberry on it. My prediction is that the Redskins come out and intimidate them physically, the Skins defense is in the Dallas backfield more than Marion Barber, and T.O. finally reaches critical mass and just rants in the media.

Also, the Dallas fans here have sulked away for the most part and have not shown near the class the Patriots fans have shown in a tuff year. The fans are like mirrors of their teams...amazing.

I have said this before, and I think I heard Jason Whitten say the same thing on the radio: It's just so cool in some players minds to be a Dallas Cowboy that winning is not that important. They feel like they have arrived.

God, I hope they can turn it around, but right now I would feel just as proud wearing a Vince Young jersey. PICK IT UP AND PLAY LIKE MEN, YOU NANCYS!!

:thumbsdown: <_< :ninja:

uh....I think Romo is back....the BJ nightmare is over, come down off the edge.

Did I just say "BJ nightmare" ?

You sure are a good fan :rolleyes:

I was a Cowboys fan when the ONLY game they won all year was against the Washington Redskins. I have paid my dues and can rant if I feel like it.

Also for plasma: Romo coming back won't fix the O-line or any of the other numerous problems.

Did I just say "BJ nightmare" ?

Yessir you did. With the exception of some chick with sharklike teeth (picture a lemon shark), I've yet to receive a bad one.

Bear, speaking from a FF perspective, there are ALOT of disappointments this year; some on Dallas. Romo, T.O. MBIII, Witten owners are pulling their hair out but with Romo back you're looking up. Of course that schedule is still brutal.

Fanwise I don't see how you can be lower than the Raider fans or Detriot. Raiders scored 6 points total the last two weeks and Detriot, well it's Detriot.

I'm a homer fan and I have never seen it this bad. Don't bother to tell me how long it's been since they have won a play-off game; I already know that. I am talking about this year. They stink on ice. I thought the most telling comment came from Steven Jackson. He said THE RAMS could tell that if they played them tuff they would fold like lawn chairs.

The local media is just brutal. They rake Wade over the coals non-stop and wish Jerry Jones would sell the team.

Naturally, I hope the Cowboys find a way to beat the Redskins this week but I wouldn't bet a dingleberry on it. My prediction is that the Redskins come out and intimidate them physically, the Skins defense is in the Dallas backfield more than Marion Barber, and T.O. finally reaches critical mass and just rants in the media.

Also, the Dallas fans here have sulked away for the most part and have not shown near the class the Patriots fans have shown in a tuff year. The fans are like mirrors of their teams...amazing.

I have said this before, and I think I heard Jason Whitten say the same thing on the radio: It's just so cool in some players minds to be a Dallas Cowboy that winning is not that important. They feel like they have arrived.

God, I hope they can turn it around, but right now I would feel just as proud wearing a Vince Young jersey. PICK IT UP AND PLAY LIKE MEN, YOU NANCYS!!

:lol: :dunno: :mad:

THe Giants had a 10-6 record last year and won the title. Stop whining and get over it. Dallas can easily get to 8-4 over the next few weeks if they can win against Washington Sunday. The regular season means nothing and it is about getting hot and streaking into the playoffs.

Fanwise I don't see how you can be lower than the Raider fans or Detriot. Raiders scored 6 points total the last two weeks and Detriot, well it's Detriot.

Filthy, thank you for your thoughtful and reasonable post. :wall:

The difference is that the Cowboys were projected right into the Superbowl and are supposed to have all the talent in the world. Detroit and the Raiders are "who we thought they were."

I actually think the Cowboys will be fine. I think they've been beat up allot and they'll have a chip on their shoulder coming out of the bye. After the first few weeks everyone was talking superbowl and maybe they let that get to their heads a little. I think they beat the Skins this weekend and move back into contention.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I traded for Romo this week, so I may be a little biased. :wall:

Filthy, thank you for your thoughtful and reasonable post. :wall:

The difference is that the Cowboys were projected right into the Superbowl and are supposed to have all the talent in the world. Detroit and the Raiders are "who we thought they were."

It's the parity loving NFL, the preseason picks rarely make it to the SB.

You are a glass half full fan for sure.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, their season is not lost. I can easily see both wild cards coming out of the NFC East this year. The 'Boys have the players it will take to get it done, they just need to pull their heads out of their asses and play hungry. Jer-uh Jones needs to step aside and let the coaches do their thing.

As a Yankee fan, this is a painful analogy for me to make, but the Cowboys are a lot like the Yankees: an owner who will spend money and wants nothing more than to win, but meddles too much and ruins everything...AND...players who think just being on a historic team means they can coast on less then 100% effort. These types of situations always suck most for us fans who live and breathe their teams' colors.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, their season is not lost. I can easily see both wild cards coming out of the NFC East this year. The 'Boys have the players it will take to get it done, they just need to pull their heads out of their asses and play hungry. Jer-uh Jones needs to step aside and let the coaches do their thing.

As a Yankee fan, this is a painful analogy for me to make, but the Cowboys are a lot like the Yankees: an owner who will spend money and wants nothing more than to win, but meddles too much and ruins everything...AND...players who think just being on a historic team means they can coast on less then 100% effort. These types of situations always suck most for us fans who live and breathe their teams' colors.

:wall: The Boys have the players to make it to the play-offs alright. It's the effort thing, just like you said.

:wall: :cry: :mad:

The Dallas media is not brutal and that is the problem. I highly doubt you live in Dallas because you would know the Dallas media treats The Cowboys like kids and gives them softball question. If you listen to The Ticket, then you would hear the easy questions they give Wade at his press conferences. No one in their right mind in Dallas wants Jerry to sell the team. Jerry is one of the best owners in professional sports. You need to stop ranting and get it together. Dallas will be fine and they can easily beat Washington this Sunday. You sound like a Dallas hater instead of a fan. Either way I am done with you. You are basically stabbing then in the back when they are down. I suggest you stfu, and get a cold beer and just watch the game Sunday.

The Dallas media is not brutal and that is the problem. I highly doubt you live in Dallas because you would know the Dallas media treats The Cowboys like kids and gives them softball question. If you listen to The Ticket, then you would hear the easy questions they give Wade at his press conferences. No one in their right mind in Dallas wants Jerry to sell the team. Jerry is one of the best owners in professional sports. You need to stop ranting and get it together. Dallas will be fine and they can easily beat Washington this Sunday. You sound like a Dallas hater instead of a fan. Either way I am done with you. You are basically stabbing then in the back when they are down. I suggest you stfu, and get a cold beer and just watch the game Sunday.

:pointstosky: You are a piece of work, man. I do agree with you on a couple of things though: The reporters throw Wade a lot of softball questions, which he doesn't answer and still gets a pass. I am one of the few people who think Jerry is a great owner. He would have picked up Quinn or another backup QB but was advised against it. I thoght getting Row Williams (WR) was a great move too. The Ticket is where I heard part of fixing the Cowboys is getting rid of Jerry. (Fat chance, I know).

The Cowboys can easily beat the Redskins? I doubt it but I hope they do.

I think the Cowboys will bounce back. I think people are being a little too hard on them because of the star power they have. Seriously though... the loss to Arizona was tough, but I for one don't think losing on the road to a division leader and a clear playoff caliber team is something to be all up in arms about.

The loss to the Rams was a tough loss, but it's tough when your D is decimated by injuries and you lose your starting QB.

The fact that they took down Tampa Bay amnidst all their injuries doesn't really get the recognition it deserves IMO.

And to lose against the SuperBowl Champs, still decimated by injuries, when they have beaten everyone else out there, isn't something to get all pacniked about either.

Now if Romo comes back and plays well Sunday night... I think that the Cowboys will be just fine. Hall and Williams make great addditions and if this team can get healthy and peak at the right time... they are still my favorite to take it all.

Unfortunately this is the type of Free Agent players the Cowboys choose to sign. The RW signing is just another example.

Last time I looked the Cowboys were 1 point favorites Sunday.

wade phillips is the coach because jerry jones can whip him around like a toy...jj was intimidated by bill parcells.....

the cowboys are playing up to where they should be..those who are disappointed have too high of expectations..there is not 1 current player who has ever succeeded in the playoffs...nor will there be...

wade phillips is the coach because jerry jones can whip him around like a toy...jj was intimidated by bill parcells.....

the cowboys are playing up to where they should be..those who are disappointed have too high of expectations..there is not 1 current player who has ever succeeded in the playoffs...nor will there be...

I find it interesting that Miami's improvement this year almost matches Dallas' demise. Parcells knew who to grab from the Dallas coaching staff. Didn't "Wonder Boy" Jason Garrett come from Miami?

:music_guitarred: :mad: :mad:

Well with Brad Johnson standing in the pocket for 5 seconds before he releases the ball it's easy to point out problems with the O-line. Romo has a very quick release and cal roll out of the pocket and make things happen. Not one single team was scared of Brad Johnson. Could you blame them? The put eight men in the box to contain Barber then on passing downs blitzed the hell out of Brad Johnson. I think during this bye week this team had a wake up call. We will see on Sunday. I live 15 minutes from Fed-Ex field, so I may throw on my Mel Renfro Jersey and head to the game. Skins fans do some good tailgating.

I don't know what to think of Dallas' woes...We all know the talent they have on offense. I don't even need to go there. But where is their defense? Please don't play the injury game because that is NFL wide. What about the Giants, certainly they've had their share of major injury problems. I don't really care how the Cowboys do one way or another - I just find it hard to believe that even if they make the playoffs they do much. And not because they haven't won a playoff game since 1402, I think that stat is overplayed. They need to stop high powered offensive teams and the first half of the season they haven't. Not saying they won't or cannot but they need to show something. Tony Romo can only play offense. When they start playing solid defense -- then the NFC and the NFL should worry. Until then...

THe Giants had a 10-6 record last year and won the title. Stop whining and get over it. Dallas can easily get to 8-4 over the next few weeks if they can win against Washington Sunday. The regular season means nothing and it is about getting hot and streaking into the playoffs.

LMAO, you're such a hypocritical know nothing bandwagon fan it's not even funny. I love how you're discounting the regular season because they Cowboys have sucked ass all year. This ain't the NBA genius where the regular season is not all that it's cracked up to be. In the NFL there's only 16 games and every game counts. Using the Giants as your support is something called the exception and not the norm. Do a little research and see how many teams have won the Super Bowl with a 10-6 record vs a 12-4 or 13-3 record.

LMAO, you're such a hypocritical know nothing bandwagon fan it's not even funny. I love how you're discounting the regular season because they Cowboys have sucked ass all year. This ain't the NBA genius where the regular season is not all that it's cracked up to be. In the NFL there's only 16 games and every game counts. Using the Giants as your support is something called the exception and not the norm. Do a little research and see how many teams have won the Super Bowl with a 10-6 record vs a 12-4 or 13-3 record.

and the entire Cowboy Organization and all of its fans said Dallas was the better team after the Giants beat them last year. Now they are using them as an example. It is just another reason why Football Fans don't take Cowboy fans seriously.