Sign in to follow this  
Bgards79

2nd RD of Playoffs

Alright boyz, I had a bye last week and my team did great. I am worried about a letdown now that I actually need it. My QB situation is quite ugly right now so all help would be greatly appreciated.

Start 1: (1 pt/25 yds pass, 6 pt TD, 3 pt bonus at 300 yards, -2 for Int's)

Ben vs. Baltimore (tough matchup should at least throw one TD)

Jake vs. Denver (Great matchup and at home, but hasn't cracked 200 yds passing in 4 outta 5. Panthers my just run run run)

Thigpen vs. Chargers (Another good matchup, but can I really risk my season on a Rookie from the Chiefs??)

PLEASE HELP!!

Alright boyz, I had a bye last week and my team did great. I am worried about a letdown now that I actually need it. My QB situation is quite ugly right now so all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake vs. Denver (Great matchup and at home, but hasn't cracked 200 yds passing in 4 outta 5. Panthers my just run run run)

Thigpen vs. Chargers (Another good matchup, but can I really risk my season on a Rookie from the Chiefs??)

PLEASE HELP!!

Who do you trust to get you the most points points without alot of risk? When you decide, that is who you start.

Who do you trust to get you the most points points without alot of risk? When you decide, that is who you start.

Well I guess I trust Ben the most but I need a little more than a safety net (not to mention a matchup against B-More)to advance to the Finals. I need to put up the most points possible.

PLEASE HELP!!

You can't start Big Ben vs. Baltimore...Ride with Thiggy and stay calm...I am a huge KC fan and the kid doesn't make a lot of mistakes...he is good for 275 and 2TD...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335871

I gotta say, while I am giving some serious consideration to Thigpen I am a bit suprised to have 2 votes for him already.

I would start Thigpen. He has a very easy matchup against SD and he did very well against them earlier in the year.

PLEASE HELP!!

Honestly i don't think its that tough of a decision, i would definitely go with Thigpen. Carolina's going to run all day against the Broncos and Ben vs. Baltimore is a terrible matchup. Thigpen has proven himself enough this year to give him the start and the Chargers pass D is atrocious. Play him with confidence.

i like thigpen.....san diego sucks against the pass

please see mine-----http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=335848

Wow..Thanks for the feedback guys. So while Thiggy may be my best choice of the 3, do you think he puts up good numbers? Or is this a lesser of 3 evils scenario?

Well I would hesitate starting ANYONE against the Ravens DEF and the numbers alone bear that fear out. (Also, I think I remember the ravens absolutely beating up Big Ben and the Steelers to the tune of 11 sacks and a shutout just a season or 2 ago???)...

Here are the Defenses (against the pass) that your QB choices are going up against....

BALT #2: 176 yds per game with 13 TDs allowed and 22 INTs

DEN #27: 232 yds per game with 16 TDs allowed and 5 INTs

SD #30: 249 yds per game with 21 TDs allowed and 10 INTs

You're right about the Panthers run,run,run strategy and KC will probably be playing from behind most of the day so Thigpen may just be your best option...

Definatly Thigpen, I can see how you might not be as confident, but as an outsider looking in he is definatly the best start. Hes been able to move the ball consistently over the past 2 months, chargers pass D is beatable

definitely Thigpen ... he had a great first game against SD (no LJ in that game, though) and he seems like he should have around 250 & 1-2 TDs to me

BigBen vs BAL is risky considering the game could be very low scoring and BAL is playing very well lately (especially at home)

Delhomme is the only other QB i would honestly consider and that is ONLY b/c he has a nice matchup and obviously the CAR running game should open up the passing game for him ... but that's the problem ... CAR will run all freakin day long against DEN! I see Delhomme at just over 200 yds with probably just 1 TD

edit: just adding that of the 3, Thigpen is the ONLY one with a shot at 300 yds this week

wouldnt start Big Ben even though he is your most reliable.. my gut says jake but my heart says thigpen.. tough call but ill cast my vote for jake the snake..