Sign in to follow this  
1KCfanNVA

My back is pressed hard against the wall...

My Team: Regular Season Champs

Romo vs. NYG

Turner vs. TB

Forte vs. NO

D. Driver @ Jax, T. Hightower vs. Min, DeSean Jackson vs. Cle, C. Williams @ Atl, L. Washington vs. Buf or McFadden vs. NE

C. Johnson @ Ind

S. Smith vs Den.

D. Bowe vs. SD

Keller vs. Buf

Crosby @ Jax

Miami vs. SF or Indy vs. Det

Team B: OPPONENT week 15

P. Rivers @ KC

L. Tomlinson @ KC

C. Johnson @ Hou

D. Williams vs. Den

W. Welker @ Oak

M. Muhammad vs. Den

T. Houshmandzadeh vs. Was

T. Gonzalez vs. SD

R. Bironas @ Hou

Washington @ Cin

with my match-ups this week, i feel like i don't have much of a chance...what do you guys think? who should i start at the R/W spot (all options are listed) and D/SPT? leave your problems or a link to them and I will try to help...

I am not too sure why you are freaking out. If you are Team A I think you are an overwhelming favorite, although anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Instead of Driver, I would take a look at DeSean Jackson or maybe even Leon Washington.

Defense you gotta go with Indy against Detroit.

Thanks for mine.

I can see why you're a lil' worried about this week. Both teams look strong, but you might pull this one out. I would probably start Washington and Indy's defense. I was trying to get Indy off the waiver wire, but they were gone. Good luck!!

I must have answered over 20 people's questions to the best of my ability and have only gotten two responses in return. Please help, I am looking for good opinions and some logical reasoning. Thanks!

I like DeSean Jackson in the spotlight, @ home, against a bad Clevaland team.

It's also hard to go wrong with Ind. D. They have really been improving as the season progresses and had huge fantasy points against Cin. last week.

No way you should start Washington in the Flex spot. Sure, he has some nice games at times, but I don't know anyone who can predict them BEFORE the game is played.

I see that slot as Driver vs Hightower. Cadillac is an honorable mention, but I am not sure we can count on consistent production from him ... although I do believe he will get ALL the goalline carries going forward. He probably will be splitting carries with Dunn, but at this point I believe you would be rolling the dice in a big gamble with Williams this week. I suggest starting Hightower IF it comes down later this week (as expected) that the Williams Wall on MIN's defensive line IS suspended. If that is the case, then all of a sudden there will be a gaping hole in the MIN defensive line. Hightower should get at least 1 TD in my opinion since the ARZ offense won't have much problem getting him goalline chances. Driver can be solid, but it's always better to start a RB over a WR when you have a decent option. If the Williams Wall plays for MIN this week, then ARZ will have trouble rushing the ball and Warner will likely just throw for 400 yds instead.

Excellent defensive options this week, but there is no question that Indy is the better play. Both will do well, but DET is beyond horrible and yields the most points to opposing fantasy defenses in the NFL. Combine that with Sanders back for Indy and their 20+ point fantasy outburst at home against CIN last week and you should see more of the same this week. I think MIA will have a nice game, but SF is playing better lately and won't turn the ball over like DET will. It's not even known at this time if DET will have Culpepper playing this week.

I like DeSean Jackson in the spotlight, @ home, against a bad Clevaland team.

I would consider DJax as my #4 for the Flex slot b/c he is inconsistent and you can't count on him to score a TD. He could end up being the best of the bunch, but the odds are against that he is and that is impossible to predict ahead of time.

I'm going to go a different direction on this one, just to make things all that more confusing. I like L. Washington in the scenario you've given. Last week was his worst rushing week in some time (as were his carries); but they also lost. I look for the Jets to run alot more (hopefully, since I have T. Jones); but spell him with Washington more so. You know he's going to get a minimum of 50 all-purpose yards regardless; with the possibility of a lot more. You can't say that about very many WR's. I take my chances with him with the folks you've got sitting there.

I too like the Indy Defense. I just think there's too many opportunities to get points with Detroits offense.

Since others are talking up Washington, let's just look at how many carries he and Jones get each week:

Washington:

1. 6
  2. 2
  3. 1
  4. 7
  5. 5
  6. 3
  7. 3
  8. 7
  9. 12 (StL)
  10. 5
  11. 8
  12. 2
  13. 1

Jones:

1. 22
  2. 17
  3. 10
  4. 18
  5. 17
  6. 24
  7. 14
  8. 12
  9. 26 (StL)
  10. 30
  11. 27
  12. 16
  13. 10

Obviously Washington gets some of his love in the passing game with receptions, so that adds some additional value there.

If we go with traditional performance scoring (0.1 pt per yard rush/rec, no PPR, 6 pts per TD) then Washington only has 2 games this year in which he has exceeded 10.0 pts. Washington averages 7.2 points per game. Last time against BUF, he had 7 carries for 13 yds and 2 catches for 42 yards (no scores). TJones on the other hand had 12 for 69 & a TD and 6 for 38 against the Bills.

My point in giving you all this info is that Washington is a shot in the dark if you are expecting a good game out of him. He splits touches with Jones and doesn't even get close to 50% of them (it's an 73/27 split in touches for the season).

This is the playoffs. If you want to risk your chances on someone getting only 27% of his team's RB touches, then Washington is your man. You definitely have better options, though.

I would go with the cagey veteran Driver. He is money, and Rodgers will look to go off against a decimated Jack. secondary. Driver will get his, no doubt. I also concur that Indy D is a must start this weekend. Good luck and thanks.

It will be close, but I like B better. The spot you have all the options are not good options. But it will be close. Good luck

My Team: Regular Season Champs

Romo vs. NYG

Turner vs. TB

Forte vs. NO

D. Driver @ Jax, T. Hightower vs. Min, DeSean Jackson vs. Cle, C. Williams @ Atl, L. Washington vs. Buf or McFadden vs. NE

C. Johnson @ Ind

S. Smith vs Den.

D. Bowe vs. SD

Keller vs. Buf

Crosby @ Jax

Miami vs. SF or Indy vs. Det

Team B: OPPONENT week 15

P. Rivers @ KC

L. Tomlinson @ KC

C. Johnson @ Hou

D. Williams vs. Den

W. Welker @ Oak

M. Muhammad vs. Den

T. Houshmandzadeh vs. Was

T. Gonzalez vs. SD

R. Bironas @ Hou

Washington @ Cin

with my match-ups this week, i feel like i don't have much of a chance...what do you guys think? who should i start at the R/W spot (all options are listed) and D/SPT? leave your problems or a link to them and I will try to help...

I would go with Desean Jackson at the flex and the Indy D...Desean in the #1 receiving option in Phi and Driver has to compete with Jennings for targets.

Michael Turner is the most stereotypical "play the matchup" running back I've seen in a long time. He's not a must-start, in my opinion, his stats look like America's stock market right now...He only goes off vs. weak teams. He only had 42 yds against them week 2. They are playing better, and they are at home so you might want to keep him active...My point with all this is that he is not a must-start...

Week 1: 220 yds 2 TD DET (32)

Week 2: 42 yds 0 TD TB (18)

Week 3: 104 yds 3 TDs KC (31)

Week 4: 56 yds 0 TDS CAR (17)

Week 5: 121 yds 1 TD GB (27)

Week 6: 54 yds 0 TD CHI (6)

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: 58 yds 0 TD PHI (8)

Week 9: 139 yds 0 TD OAK (30)

Week 10: 96 yds 1 TD NO (20)

Week 11: 81 yds 2 TDs DEN (26)

Week 12: 117 yds 4 TD CAR (17)

Week 13: 120 yds 0 SD (13)

Week 14: 61 1 TD NO (20)

Against Defenses ranked 18th or better :42, 56, 54, 58, 117, 120 (4 TDs)

Against Defenses ranked 19th or worse: 220, 104, 121, 139, 96, 81, 61 (9 TDs)

18th of better: 74.5 ypg 0.5 TDPG

19th or worse: 117.4 ypg 1.3 TDPG

IMO, he's only the "Burner" vs. weak-a** defenses.

Wow, can you say cluster*$#!. After reading your post and the responses I am confused for you. Not sure I can be of any help at this point, but hey you answered mine (thanks!) so I will give it a shot.

Personally I would go with Hightower. I know that Minny is tough and Hightower has been suckin it, but he does have 10 TD's on the season, I just think he gives you the best shot of getting in the endzone plus some yards. While decent, none of the receivers are studs, so in that scenario I tend to always start a RB. Cadillac has just been too limited yet.

I would love to pretend to feel confident about this ... but i don't :overhead: ... sorry.

Good luck!