Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The **Official** Frank Gore Fantasy Owners Thread

I have seen a few threads out there of Gore owners trying to scramble and figure out what to do this week. Normally I wouldn't start a thread like this but this is the semi-finals for most leagues and alot of Gore owners are scrambling. If you are not a Gore owner and want to help us make some savvy pick-ups or give your opinion on who would be a good start, all help is welcomed. Or if you have some breaking injury info please post it here. :music_guitarred:

For me, if Gore is playing on Sunday, no matter how hurt, I'm starting him. :banana:

Now if he is ruled out, per alot of other threads it appears that multiple owners are having to decide between the likes of Deshaun Foster, Robinson, Tatum Bell, Cedric Benson, and the Darren Sproles of the world. May Gawd help us all.

This has prolly been posted but here is the latest I know of:

The Sacramento Bee reports 49ers coach Mike Singletary said Wednesday that running back Frank Gore has "an inside sprain" of his left ankle and will be a game-time decision come Sunday against the Dolphins. Gore, who was injured Week 14 against the Jets, did not practice Wednesday while DeShaun Foster got most of the first team reps.

As far as myself, I'm debating between Foster, Tatum, or Sproles. Anybody care to offer an opinion? :pointstosky:

ppr

Gore, Foster, Kevin Faulk, Tatum Bell, Sproles, ....

??????????

Im gonna lose anyways so Its all for not.

I'm going K Faulk if gore is out.

ppr

Gore, Foster, Kevin Faulk, Tatum Bell, Sproles, ....

??????????

Im gonna lose anyways so Its all for not.

I'm going K Faulk if gore is out.

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet... I was going to start K. Smith over Gore but now he's also not practicing.

K. Faulk may get the nod if Smith won't play.

My options are Pierre Thomas, Chester Taylor and Jon Stewart if Gore is out... I think I'm just gonna start Thomas tonight and hope it works out.

I am playing the Gore owner and right now he has Jamal Lewis in his lineup. Along with Westy :wacko:

I'm a Gore owner and I am going to start Bell in a 1 ppr league. I don't want to go with Foster and have him loose touches to Robinson or Clayton. I don't think a SF rb is going to catch many passes because Gore wasn't catching any. I think Bell will get the majority of the carries and some catches with Young still banged up. I thought about Sproles but I think a game like he had last week will not be repeated agin.

I'm a Gore owner and I am going to start Bell in a 1 ppr league. I don't want to go with Foster and have him loose touches to Robinson or Clayton. I don't think a SF rb is going to catch many passes because Gore wasn't catching any. I think Bell will get the majority of the carries and some catches with Young still banged up. I thought about Sproles but I think a game like he had last week will not be repeated agin.

I'm pretty much in the exact situation you are. Do you have any word on if Selvin Young is playing? I actually have Sproles starting right now, but I am going back and forth betweeen him and Tatum. :wacko:

I'm pretty much in the exact situation you are. Do you have any word on if Selvin Young is playing? I actually have Sproles starting right now, but I am going back and forth betweeen him and Tatum. :wave:

I have been getting on Rotoworld and checking out Young's practice participation. He was limited yesterday. I hate to start a Denver rb during the season and now I have to start one during the semis in my league. I just know the Rat will screw us all and start some no name that got promoted from the practice squad. I roll with Tater-tot!

According to the Denver Post, Selvin Young "is expected back" from his groin injury Sunday against the Panthers.

We've heard this before, and coach Mike Shanahan sounded less sure in his post-practice press conference Wednesday. The Post expects a rotation of Young, Cory Boyd, and Tatum Bell against Carolina's below-average run defense.

According to the Denver Post, Selvin Young "is expected back" from his groin injury Sunday against the Panthers.

We've heard this before, and coach Mike Shanahan sounded less sure in his post-practice press conference Wednesday. The Post expects a rotation of Young, Cory Boyd, and Tatum Bell against Carolina's below-average run defense.

Oh good grief. That's it, If Young is expected to play there is no way I'm starting Bell. I refuse to let the Rat ruin my season, if I'm going out, it's gonna be on my terms. :clap: I fully expect Cory Boyd to run for 100 and 2TD's. :lol:

Is Deshaun Foster really a bad option? :wave:

Thanks for the link  :thumbsup:

No way I'm going with Bell.

Im 99.99% Faulk it is in ppr.

Gore and faulk have had almost the same numbers the past 4-5 weeks anyways.

Foster is a waste of roster space If you ask me, he stinks. Robinson would be the way to go..

My options are Pierre Thomas, Chester Taylor and Jon Stewart if Gore is out... I think I'm just gonna start Thomas tonight and hope it works out.

Even if Gore plays, I'd start Stewart AND Thomas over him. No way Gore is close to 100% and he wasn't lighting it up when he was 100%.

im going with gore if he is active! but if he is inactive im going to start sproles. that would have me starting both LT and sproles. id gladly take anything close to last week and against KC's awful D it is very possible :mad:

ill leave foster sitting on :bench:

Of course Robinson could still steal goal-line carreis but from the sounds coming from Singleterry, Foster is the unquestioned main man if Gore misses Sunday.

With Gore unable to practice, DeShaun Foster was the first-string running back Wednesday, and Singletary said Foster could get all of Gore's practice carries this week. "I think that he's running hard, and more and more he's gaining confidence," Singletary said of Foster. "I think for a running back, the more he handles the ball, the more carries he's given, the more chance he has to play, the better he's going to get."

http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/1464864.html

I'm starting Pierre Thomas tonight over Gore, but may also have to start Sammy Morris if MBIII doesn't play either. Gore is a tougb SOB and played with a bad ankle for most of last year, it's a tough call.

I like Sammy Morris over the rest of those mentioned as well! I do not know why everyone is on Sproles' jock...I wouldn't want to lay my playoff life in the hands of the rat in Denver or LT2's waterboy!

Not only do I have Gore to deal with, but I also have Barber. I have both Choice and Foster... so I just want something definitive.

For sure I am playing Pierre Thomas tonight, but I have to decide between one of those 4 players... or possibly Maurice Morris.

Gore not likely to play on Sunday

Frank Gore, RB SF

News: According to The San Francisco Chronicle it's time to find out if the 49ers' nearly $2 million investment in DeShaun Foster as a backup running back is about to pay off. With Frank Gore unlikely to play Sunday in Miami because of his sprained left ankle, Foster is preparing for a significant role in the offense as the primary ball carrier. It will be his first extensive playing time of the season after spot-relieving Gore throughout the first 13 games. "I'm just preparing like any other week, making sure I'm ready to go," Foster said Thursday. "I stay in shape. Physically I'm ready to go. Frank's a great back. We have two different styles. He can do everything. I'm preparing to help the offense and carry the load."

Analysis: Gore said he is feeling better by the day but he was still limping in the locker room and did not practice on Thursday, the most important day of preparation during the week. With his status for Week 15 at Miami in question, Gore is a risky play in Week 15. Keep tabs on Gore leading up to inactives on Sunday.

well looks like we are going to have to go with others. i wish i had the pierre thomas option that some of you had!! :thumbsdown: foster used to be a decent back someone give me a reason to play him!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want to start sproles

well looks like we are going to have to go with others. i wish i had the pierre thomas option that some of you had!! :D foster used to be a decent back someone give me a reason to play him!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want to start sproles

Welp, I've changed my mind AGAIN. And I will tell you why. :thumbsdown:

1. West Coast teams absolutely SUCK this year when they travel east. Throw in the fact that it is a 1:00est game to boot. I'm not playing any 49ers. Therefore sitting Foster.

2. I refuse to trust the Rat. Especially with Selvin in the picture. No chance Tater gets the start.

3. It just hit me. Guess where Darren Sproles played colllege ball? Yup, you are correct, Kansas State. He was born in Iowa. The game is SD @ KC. This is about as close to a homecoming game as this guy gets. Momma, Pop Dukes, cousin Ray Ray, and the whole Sprole klan is gonna be in the house. It's showtime baby!@#!

:wub:

now you almost talked me back into starting sproles!! i do think he will get more touches than he has been getting. but for some reason i do not want to start him. :thumbsup: probably cause i dont want to start both he and LT. what about sticky icky RICKY??? ricky should get more carries than sproles and has the possibility of having a big game. but every time ive had to use him this year he has gotten 34 yards rushing and 17 rec. :dunno: than the next week he goes off

now you almost talked me back into starting sproles!! i do think he will get more touches than he has been getting. but for some reason i do not want to start him. :thumbsup: probably cause i dont want to start both he and LT. what about sticky icky RICKY??? ricky should get more carries than sproles and has the possibility of having a big game. but every time ive had to use him this year he has gotten 34 yards rushing and 17 rec. :dunno: than the next week he goes off

Honestly, I don't know what to do. :( Hence this thread. Bottom line is in situations like this we have to go with our gut. I've changed my lineup 4 time in the past two days. :dunno:

Honestly, I don't know what to do. :dunno: Hence this thread. Bottom line is in situations like this we have to go with our gut. I've changed my linup 4 time in the past two days. :thumbsup:

i hear ya!!! i will make my mind up at deadline 6-7 minutes before 1 :dunno:

He made the trip but gore is out today. I need to choose between foster, sproles, or faulk. Im leaning towards faulk against a horrid raider run D and atleats at worst its a gauranteed 6-10 pts.