Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

Boldin/Breaston owners check in

Boldin got us here, so we can all be thankful, but when it's time to bring home the FF paycheck he's not available for us to ride. SO, Breaston was a great fillin, when the Cards needed to win, wheather was fine, and Warner was tossing it around.

But with the Snow storm in NE, the Cards WILL struggle on Offense ?...and flat out not care and look forward to a warm plane ride home and get ready for hosting Round 1 ? It's too easy to see. Warner shows up like a poosay in situations like this. Even if he plays, you'll see how innneffective he is in in bad weather.

Pluggin' in Breaston was a no brainer earlier this season.

The positive side, if they pull Warner for Leinart, trying to get him reps in preparation for the Playoffs, Breaston will/should remain in the game, where Fitz may sit.

Sadly, my only only other Bench WRs are a doubtful Kevin Curtis and Nate Washington (who may be a better play)....I just don't know. :bandana:

Tough call here.

I am benching Breaston because I think I have options just as sexy - Lance Moore, LColes.

You don't, but Washington isn't bad. Tenn defense isn't as bad and with two great players out, their pass rush shouldn't kill Ben.

If I were you, I wouldn't sweat either player. I think they both will be equal, and I'd have no problem playing Washington. However, I do think Breaston is the safer pick - which means, he is safer (sure) to get 6-7 points. Washington isn't as safe, but has more upsides to break a long one. It all depends on your personality. Good luck.

If you have seen the Weather Channel this morning, there is no way you can start anyone in the passing game for the Cards today.....

If you have seen the Weather Channel this morning, there is no way you can start anyone in the passing game for the Cards today.....

I live out west of Worcester, MA - in an area that is going to be hit harder than where the game is. If it's the snow alone that you are going to worry about - getting a good hold on the ball, good footing etc, yes then the passing game may be impacted. But I always thought that the receiver had more of an advantage because they know when they are going to make a break etc. and the defense has to react to that. I can see Breaston capitalizing on short yardage passes and gaining some YAC - it only takes one slipping defender to make a big break in these types of games.

The wind isnt doing much of anything right now. In fact, they are forecasting the blustery winds not to show up until this evening and tomorrow. Granted - winds will be different in a stadium, but as of right now the winds are doing not much of anything look out into the woods in my yard. And the temps aren't that bad - compared to Friday and Saturday.

I'm starting Breaston in place of Boldin out of neccesity - because my other options are mediocre at best. Everyone says that the Cardinals have nothing to play for - but I disagree to some extent. Their offense has been completely out of rhythm the past few weeks - I think they need to execute this week to make sure that they are in some kind of rhythm going into the playoffs.

The wind isnt doing much of anything right now. In fact, they are forecasting the blustery winds not to show up until this evening and tomorrow. Granted - winds will be different in a stadium, but as of right now the winds are doing not much of anything look out into the woods in my yard. And the temps aren't that bad - compared to Friday and Saturday.

sideline reporter just said 40 mph winds are expected this afternoon fwiw.

Yeah - Brady always had trouble with the winds of Foxboro, so will other elite passers like Warner. :o

sideline reporter just said 40 mph winds are expected this afternoon fwiw.

That's gusts not sustained winds...sustained are 12-18 mph. Since that last post I sent, the snow has picked up immensely - and the wind has too. Wonderful. My other option is Berrian against ATL - with Jackson at the helm. So I dont know who is a better bet...

That's gusts not sustained winds...sustained are 12-18 mph. Since that last post I sent, the snow has picked up immensely - and the wind has too. Wonderful. My other option is Berrian against ATL - with Jackson at the helm. So I dont know who is a better bet...

Berrian in a dome ????

Sheesh, I wish I had that option.

Sad thing for me, I have Randy Moss in this game too....so if it's a total shut down for offenses, I will have 2 WRs posting ZERO. I like the thinking of Breaston and YAC, and Randy. A quick slant could go to the house.

what about fitzy owners?

i know plenty of us made the bowl

I was going to pull Fitzy in place of Walter, but I just checked the weather channel and it doesn't really look any better out in Oak. It'll be warmer, but still windy and rainy. With Walter being a second or third option for Schaub, I think I'll stay with Fitzy and hope. I could still look at Evans in Denver, but he's pretty all or nothing, and I'm not sure that's any better than figuring on at least a few points from Fitzy. The big thing that scares me is what happened to Brady/Moss week 15 last year. Very similar conditions, and they both laid an egg, and cost a bunch of owners their season to boot.

Man, I just don't know and I have to make a final decision in 20 minutes. :music_guitarred: :thumbsdown:

I was going to pull Fitzy in place of Walter, but I just checked the weather channel and it doesn't really look any better out in Oak. It'll be warmer, but still windy and rainy. With Walter being a second or third option for Schaub, I think I'll stay with Fitzy and hope. I could still look at Evans in Denver, but he's pretty all or nothing, and I'm not sure that's any better than figuring on at least a few points from Fitzy. The big thing that scares me is what happened to Brady/Moss week 15 last year. Very similar conditions, and they both laid an egg, and cost a bunch of owners their season to boot.

Man, I just don't know and I have to make a final decision in 20 minutes. :music_guitarred: :thumbsdown:

since i have a flex, i had fitzy in there but i have deshaun foster or domenik hixon in that position on hold. luckily i have colston and antonio bryant as my two wr - so i think im going with foster.

Yeah - Brady always had trouble with the winds of Foxboro, so will other elite passers like Warner. :music_guitarred:

LMAO... So a guy that plays in this weather every year should be equal to a guy who has NEVER played a game in his ENTIRE career in the snow.... Yeah, roll your eyes at that moron!

Now, let's add in the fact that his best WR isn't playing, the team has nothing to play for, the coach has already said it will rest its starters in preparation for the playoffs and the weather is TERRIBLE!

Warner 7-14 86 yards 0 TD's

Real promising!