Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

dynasty value of these aging studs

LT, Portis and Westbrook, what kind of value are these guys bringing in dynasty league trades right now. I need some short term RB help in a couple of leagues and these guys are on the trading blocks. Have you done any trades involving these guys and what kind of price did they bring?

I think their dynasty value is at an all time low and I dont see it getting higher any time soon. If you have them and feel good about your chances next year then I think youre better off holding. If you want to rebuild, I think youre better off dealing them in season to a team that suffered an injury somewhere and is in contention. If you can get good value for any of them then by all means sell, but from what ive seen in my leagues and on AC forums, I dont think people want to pay a lot for thos players right now. I would say Portis has more dynasty trade value than LT and Westbrook because hes a few years younger.

Since this post, I gave up TO for Portis in one league, so I guess the value of an aging stud is another aging stud. In another league I have been offerd LT and a 2nd round rookie pick for D.Williams. I'll probably decline that one.

I just sold Portis and 1.03 for Mike Bush, Sproles and 1.09

Salary cap, receiving scoring and return yards influenced me heavily on this, but I couldnt do anything else with Portis

As trade was pending, offer of Owens for Portis came in too

I had a guy offer me Portis and a glut of rookie draft picks, including a 1st and 2nd rounder in 2010 for Frank Gore, but I turned him down. I had just gotten Gore this offseason along with Michael Turner to shore up my pathetic backfield. If I felt better about Portis' future I'd done the deal, but I think Gore will give me an extra year or two longer than Portis. Plus I didn't need the picks anyway.

I would rank them as

1) Westbrook

2)LT and Portis about the same value, with maybe LT having better value in 09, but we shall see.

Westbrook still has it, and hasnt lost a step like LT and Portis both have. There is no question IMO that Westbrook is easily the the best option of the three.

Westbrook misses games, LT played through injury all year(missed ZERO GAMES during the fantasy season), and Portis has ZERO help.

Based on Age/Wear/Tear:

1. Portis - Consistent and a bit younger

2. LT played on a bum toe, and was consitent but unspectacular. Only 2 100 yard games.

3. Westbrook in my opinion is having leg surgeries every year, and twice some years. His knee is shot.

Saying that, I believe all three could be just as productive as anyone outside of AD and Turner. Everyone else has no track record of production, so who do you trust?

12 team league, we are keeping 4 guys this year.

I traded LT for 2 1st rounders/Thomas Jones...Turned around and traded Thomas Jones for a 2nd rounder.

So in total , 2 first rounders/2nd rounder for LT...not bad.