Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Washington Redskins

I see that the Arnie Bragg has selected Mississippi OT Michael Oher in the FFT Mock Draft.

My thought on Arnie's pick is with the $ spent on recent FA acquisition Derrick Dockery for the OL AND the loss of Jason Taylor, I may be more inclined to pick a DE at 1:13 (13) such as LSU DE Tyson Jackson who can play DT also.

USC LB Brian Cushing is another player filling a need.

Even though I am not sold on QB Jason Campbell, I am solidly against selecting USC QB Mark Sanchez. The guy's been a starter for one year. That's not eneough.

Being as the Redskins have picks:

1:13 (13)

no 2nd rounder

3:16 (80)

no 4th rounder

5:14 (142)

6:13 (173)

and a 7th round compensatory pick

This is what I'd consider:

Trading the 1:13 (13) for approx. the 1:21 & 2:21

That's an extra starter for dropping 10 spots.

Then I'd trade the 3:16 for approx. the 3:26 & 4:26

Again adding an extra player for dropping 10 spots.

Four picks in the first 4 rounds instead of 2 is better than the alternative.

I couldn't care less about 5th, 6th and 7th round picks because they won't be 09 playmakers anyway.

JMFHO

I see that the Arnie Bragg has selected Mississippi OT Michael Oher in the FFT Mock Draft.

My thought on Arnie's pick is with the $ spent on recent FA acquisition Derrick Dockery for the OL AND the loss of Jason Taylor, I may be more inclined to pick a DE at 1:13 (13) such as LSU DE Tyson Jackson who can play DT also.

USC LB Brian Cushing is another player filling a need.

Even though I am not sold on QB Jason Campbell, I am solidly against selecting USC QB Mark Sanchez. The guy's been a starter for one year. That's not eneough.

Being as the Redskins have picks:

1:13 (13)

no 2nd rounder

3:16 (80)

no 4th rounder

5:14 (142)

6:13 (173)

and a 7th round compensatory pick

This is what I'd consider:

Trading the 1:13 (13) for approx. the 1:21 & 2:21

That's an extra starter for dropping 10 spots.

Then I'd trade the 3:16 for approx. the 3:26 & 4:26

Again adding an extra player for dropping 10 spots.

Four picks in the first 4 rounds instead of 2 is better than the alternative.

I couldn't care less about 5th, 6th and 7th round picks because they won't be 09 playmakers anyway.

JMFHO

:unsure:

Chris Horton, 6th rd pick.

As far this yr: If the Skins dont trade up for Sanchez(which I am solidly against), I believe they will take the best DE on the board.

Campbell, whether he will be good or not good, deserves 1 more yr. It will be his 2nd yr in any offense, 1st time as a pro. I actually like the Skins offense this yr.

They may trade out of the 1st for more picks, they did it last yr.

It's hard to speculate on trade scenarios w/ draft picks though.

:overhead:

Chris Horton, 6th rd pick.

As far this yr: If the Skins dont trade up for Sanchez(which I am solidly against), I believe they will take the best DE on the board.

Campbell, whether he will be good or not good, deserves 1 more yr. It will be his 2nd yr in any offense, 1st time as a pro. I actually like the Skins offense this yr.

They may trade out of the 1st for more picks, they did it last yr.

It's hard to speculate on trade scenarios w/ draft picks though.

1. Chris Horton. Yeah that was a fun ride. But it may be over. He may not start this year.

2. Campbell. He could play in this Offense for 10 years and he'd still be slow reading Defenses. Slow to deliver the ball. And he can't get out of the way of blitzes, especially on 3rd down.

3. Vinny is a dumass and Snyder's dumber.

This should be a short thread. It already has more posts then the Redskins will have picks on draft day....

1. Chris Horton. Yeah that was a fun ride. But it may be over. He may not start this year.

2. Campbell. He could play in this Offense for 10 years and he'd still be slow reading Defenses. Slow to deliver the ball. And he can't get out of the way of blitzes, especially on 3rd down.

3. Vinny is a dumass and Snyder's dumber.

1. Not sure who would start ahead of Horton. K. Moore? It should be Landry and Horton in wk 1. Based upon his rookie season, Horton has playmaking potential and is a good tackler.

2. You may be right on Campbell, I just believe he deserves 1 more yr. I am not a Campbell supporter, nor am I a non-supporter, just an outside observer making my observation.

3. Vinny has only been in the position of official accountability since the 07 season. Meaning, he has 1 draft that you can 100% attribute to him. Jury is still out. He needs to hit on either Devin or Malcolm to justify the 08 draft. Check back in 3 yrs. Vinny is unorthodox, I'll give that.

Snyder has a passion that tends to lend to a false sense of football accumen, results are undeniable. Take away the 1st yr he inherited the team, 2 playoff appearances, 1 playoff victory??(I think). Other owners have worse track records, but it's definitely not up to the standard set by JKC, but that was a high standard. Just trying to provide some balance to your judgement.

1. Not sure who would start ahead of Horton. K. Moore? It should be Landry and Horton in wk 1. Based upon his rookie season, Horton has playmaking potential and is a good tackler.

2. You may be right on Campbell, I just believe he deserves 1 more yr. I am not a Campbell supporter, nor am I a non-supporter, just an outside observer making my observation.

3. Vinny has only been in the position of official accountability since the 07 season. Meaning, he has 1 draft that you can 100% attribute to him. Jury is still out. He needs to hit on either Devin or Malcolm to justify the 08 draft. Check back in 3 yrs. Vinny is unorthodox, I'll give that.

Snyder has a passion that tends to lend to a false sense of football accumen, results are undeniable. Take away the 1st yr he inherited the team, 2 playoff appearances, 1 playoff victory??(I think). Other owners have worse track records, but it's definitely not up to the standard set by JKC, but that was a high standard. Just trying to provide some balance to your judgement.

I've been going to games since 1979 when I was 7 years old. My dad since 1959 when he was 9. My granddad since they got here from Boston in 1937 when he was 11. The 3 of us still go to some games together.

My point is I'm a die hard Redskins fan.

You have to admit that Snyder has been running things since he bought the team. Vinny does whatever Danny boy says in order to keep his job.

MHO is we need a real GM and for Snyder to back off. Way off.

Hopefully this is true:

Several sources have suggested the Redskins have begun to send out feelers on what it might take to get Seattle's pick, and the Seahawks, at this stage, would likely seek two first-round picks on the high end. That was a price the Redskins were willing to pay for Chad Johnson last year and Jay Cutler a few weeks back, although neither deal was completed.

http://www.seahawkaddicts.com/2009/04/reds...for-4-pick.html

C'mon Danny boy!! The #13 this year and next year's #1 for the Hawks #4!!! :overhead: :music_guitarred:

Hopefully this is true:

Several sources have suggested the Redskins have begun to send out feelers on what it might take to get Seattle's pick, and the Seahawks, at this stage, would likely seek two first-round picks on the high end. That was a price the Redskins were willing to pay for Chad Johnson last year and Jay Cutler a few weeks back, although neither deal was completed.

http://www.seahawkaddicts.com/2009/04/reds...for-4-pick.html

C'mon Danny boy!! The #13 this year and next year's #1 for the Hawks #4!!! :overhead: :music_guitarred:

Last year's offer for 2 - #1's for Ocho Cinco was stupid as hell by the Redskins but EVEN STUPIDER by the Bengals to refuse it.

As far as Cutler, I wanted him badly. But even I would not have offered more than 2 - #2's. Therefore Chicago was foolish.

Now, as you can see by my first post, I'm into trading down to secure MORE Draft Picks, not the other way around.

And as I've said, I don't have faith in Campbell BUT right now even less in Sanchez. A college starter for one year. Come on.

But that's Snyder & Vinny. Sadly.

I've been going to games since 1979 when I was 7 years old. My dad since 1959 when he was 9. My granddad since they got here from Boston in 1937 when he was 11. The 3 of us still go to some games together.

My point is I'm a die hard Redskins fan.

You have to admit that Snyder has been running things since he bought the team. Vinny does whatever Danny boy says in order to keep his job.

MHO is we need a real GM and for Snyder to back off. Way off.

I would consider myself a diehard Skins fan, too. Pretty obvious for the few on the board that know me though. I live in the area as well. Maybe we have sit close at FedEx b4, as I frequent FedEx as well. I do appreciate your passion as a Skins fan too.

I will admit that Snyder is not the same type of owner that JKC was.

As far as "running things" as you stated, I'm sure he is at minimum at least in the same capacity of an owner like Jerry Jones. I'm not sure that's the worst thing in the league, as far as ownership goes. There is no denying his print on the football operations.

Yes, Vinny does seem to think exactly the same way as the owner, I'm not sure that is really doing "whatever Danny boy says" to me.

All I'm saying is that history will be the judge on the ownership results of Snyder. Right now, its just conjecture.

If the Skins were to win a SB under Snyder(however implausable that may sound to some), perception would change in an instant.

I'm not going to continue to give Snyder the benefit of the doubt forever, I just cant convict him of "high treason of the franchise" just yet.

:music_guitarred:

The skins need to draft a DE or OL with the #13 pick. DE is the more pressing need as they NEVER generate any pressure with their front 4. Their OL is adequate, but that's if they stay healthy. The line is aging and they have little depth.

I just want them to take the best player available approach between DE, OL, and LB, in that order. Don't reach for any one position.

As for Campbell, I'm like most skins fans....don't love him, don't hate him. I don't think he's the long term answer for us, but it's worth one more year to see what he can do.

The skins need to draft a DE or OL with the #13 pick. DE is the more pressing need as they NEVER generate any pressure with their front 4. Their OL is adequate, but that's if they stay healthy. The line is aging and they have little depth.

I just want them to take the best player available approach between DE, OL, and LB, in that order. Don't reach for any one position.

As for Campbell, I'm like most skins fans....don't love him, don't hate him. I don't think he's the long term answer for us, but it's worth one more year to see what he can do.

The Skins taking a lineman with the 13th pick...? Now that is comedy.... :thumbsdown:

I live in the area as well. Maybe we have sit close at FedEx b4, as I frequent FedEx as well. :bandana:

I live in Great Falls, VA

My family owns 6 seats in the mid upper deck. I sat there the first few years after FedEx opened but I never will again.

Upper deck at RFK was the best place to see the action. Lower deck - too much standing as it was built for Baseball.

I have been known to trade 4 upper deck seats for 2 lower bowl. But mostly I give my seats away when I have them (4-6 games a year) and then I buy seats down low from Bruce Hall.

Sat in a luxury box once and several times in the luxury open end zone area.

I think we may see Cooley moved on draft day for some picks. Let's say for a 2 and 3. Lots of teams need a TE, and Cooley is one of the few tradeable players the Skins have. The trade allows the Skins to fill some needs and a depth. ilike Cooley a lot, but there are just more needs than a stud TE.

- It seems they liked Fred Davis, so they still have a pass catching TE.

- TE isn't required as much in the WCO, so adequate is good enough (potentially why Davis was drafted anyway, as it seemed unnecessary)

- They can get DE, OT, and OLB with their 1, 2, and 3 (2 and 3 coming from the trade). Plus grab extra OL and DT with their other picks.

I am one of Campbell's biggest bashers. But the fact is that getting a QB early has no use given how bad the OL is. Give him one more year to see if he can get it, and if not then look at the options (next years draft, Brennan, FA).

I think we may see Cooley moved on draft day for some picks. Let's say for a 2 and 3. Lots of teams need a TE, and Cooley is one of the few tradeable players the Skins have. The trade allows the Skins to fill some needs and a depth. ilike Cooley a lot, but there are just more needs than a stud TE.

- TE isn't required as much in the WCO, so adequate is good enough (potentially why Davis was drafted anyway, as it seemed unnecessary)

- They can get DE, OT, and OLB with their 1, 2, and 3 (2 and 3 coming from the trade). Plus grab extra OL and DT with their other picks.

I am one of Campbell's biggest bashers. But the fact is that getting a QB early has no use given how bad the OL is. Give him one more year to see if he can get it, and if not then look at the options (next years draft, Brennan, FA).

Well stated. I agree, would not kill me to see Cooley moved either. Your right, he is 1 of the few tradable players they have. They may lose a little in the short term w/ Davis in terms of production, but Cooley for a couple picks would be nice. I think its safe for us to expect production out of Davis if Cooley was moved.

He was mentioned in the Cutler rumors, so he is not untouchable, apparently.

I do respect the fact you do not like Cambell, but still approach the QB situation logically.

Interesting thought....cooley is probably the fans' favorite player so it would be a ballsy move. The more I think about it though, the more I like it. The skins offense would be terrible in '09 but the young guys would gain some real time experience and they could be a surprise team in 2010 if they draft well. It would be like a mini rebuild.

I think the Skins stay with the current picks, relying on the ever increasing likelihood that they have a top 5 pick next year with which to grab Tebow.

JMHO :(

The Skins taking a lineman with the 13th pick...? Now that is comedy.... :rolleyes:

We took Chris Samuels at #2 overall ...

As a Skins fan, I cant hate dannt for tossinghis money around, I can be mad at the lack of long term plans... perfect ex. Jason Taylor - we give up a 2nd to get him, since we needed to replace an injured player.. then we let him go because he doesnt want to partake in the off season OTA's .. GIVE ME A BREAK ... just let the guy play DE for another year.. who cares if he practices.. he is a pro bowler IMO

We took Chris Samuels at #2 overall ...

As a Skins fan, I cant hate dannt for tossinghis money around, I can be mad at the lack of long term plans... perfect ex. Jason Taylor - we give up a 2nd to get him, since we needed to replace an injured player.. then we let him go because he doesnt want to partake in the off season OTA's .. GIVE ME A BREAK ... just let the guy play DE for another year.. who cares if he practices.. he is a pro bowler IMO

That is still not as bad as them giving up 2 picks for T.J. Duckett only to never use him and drop him the following year. The bottom line problem with the Redskins is they disrespect the draft and they just don't know the value of picks. They are too impatient on young cheap talent and they would rather pay retail to get a "proven" guy... even if that guy is a bit long in the tooth or no longer hungry.

FYI... Taylor was a cap tragity... The OTA BS was just a story to justify it to everyone else. The Hayensworth signing sealed Taylor's fate.

For the record.... and on discussion... I think the Skins will pay a premium for the hot untested QB... 2 first rounds for Sanchez... Which will be a big mistake.

That is still not as bad as them giving up 2 picks for T.J. Duckett only to never use him and drop him the following year. The bottom line problem with the Redskins is they disrespect the draft and they just don't know the value of picks. They are too impatient on young cheap talent and they would rather pay retail to get a "proven" guy... even if that guy is a bit long in the tooth or no longer hungry.

FYI... Taylor was a cap tragity... The OTA BS was just a story to justify it to everyone else. The Hayensworth signing sealed Taylor's fate.

For the record.... and on discussion... I think the Skins will pay a premium for the hot untested QB... 2 first rounds for Sanchez... Which will be a big mistake.

God I hope you are wrong on Sanchez via trading up.

I will be pissed if the skins trade two first rounders + a 3rd to move up and "flip a coin" on sanchez. Every pick from #3 on will be a little tense as a skins fan.....I will wince if I hear there has been a trade.

I agree with you Portis26 regarding danny boy. Do you think he will ever get it (build through the draft, build a foundation, stay the course)? I love the fact he is saying next years 1st is off the table...