Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Btw, why did the NFL let the Cowpokes get away with this?

The Cowbabies were on the clock in the 2nd round. They didn't like their choices and were trying to pull a Trade. But the clock was set to expire and so JJones told his Draft table representative to PASS. And they did just that and the announcer (forgot who) announced that they PASSED loudly and clearly and time expired. Rules say THAT pick is gone and you must move on. But somehow JJ talked the NFL into allowing him to Trade THAT pick that was no longer a legitimate pick.

WTF? :thumbsup:

The Cowbabies were on the clock in the 2nd round. They didn't like their choices and were trying to pull a Trade. But the clock was set to expire and so JJones told his Draft table representative to PASS. And they did just that and the announcer (forgot who) announced that they PASSED loudly and clearly and time expired. Rules say THAT pick is gone and you must move on. But somehow JJ talked the NFL into allowing him to Trade THAT pick that was no longer a legitimate pick.

WTF? :thumbsup:

The pick is still active. When the clock runs out, the only thing that means is the next team can make their pick, and then the team after that, and so forth. When the Cowboys finally decide who they want and if they are available, then they can make that pick and everything resumes as normal. Same thing happened to MINN a while back. They ran out of time... the next team made a pick in a hurry... and so did the next team... and then the Vikes finally made their pick.

It is all legit as long as they don't pick someone who is taken after they make the pick.

The pick is still active. When the clock runs out, the only thing that means is the next team can make their pick, and then the team after that, and so forth. When the Cowboys finally decide who they want and if they are available, then they can make that pick and everything resumes as normal. Same thing happened to MINN a while back. They ran out of time... the next team made a pick in a hurry... and so did the next team... and then the Vikes finally made their pick.

It is all legit as long as they don't pick someone who is taken after they make the pick.

Yes but the Vikes did not trade a pick that was bypassed. THAT'S the point. They passed. The next team picked and so the Cowboys lost that spot.

I'm pretty sure the term 'passed' was simply used because time ran out. It's no different than the Vikings a few years back, they can toss their pick in whenever they want after time runs out. Also, who's to say that the trade info wasn't already submitted to the NFL on time but the announcer didn't get the info?

The TIME passed but until another team makes a selection, it's still the same PICK. They traded prior to anyone else making a pick, so it was the same pick.

I'm not sure if you understand how it works. Say i have the 10th pick. The clock runs out. I essentially delay the pick, not pass the pick. Team 11 takes their pick then i submit my pick before the 12th team picks. I still had the 10th pick, but i got the 11th player. After your time runs out, you can turn your pick in at any time you want. If you have the 10th pick, you can turn your pick in right after the 19th pick if you want.

The fun part is deciding on the contract.

Yes but the Vikes did not trade a pick that was bypassed. THAT'S the point. They passed. The next team picked and so the Cowboys lost that spot.

Except the next team didn't pick until after the trade and the Bills' pick was announced.

I'm not sure if you understand how it works. Say i have the 10th pick. The clock runs out. I essentially delay the pick, not pass the pick. Team 11 takes their pick then i submit my pick before the 12th team picks. I still had the 10th pick, but i got the 11th player. After your time runs out, you can turn your pick in at any time you want. If you have the 10th pick, you can turn your pick in right after the 19th pick if you want.

The fun part is deciding on the contract.

Actually, the picks are recorded in the order they are made. The Vikings had the 7th pick going into the 03 draft, but officially drafted Kevin Williams with the 9th pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...mp;round=round1

I'm pretty sure the league let them do it because they feel bad for them. Jerry Jones is still their owner, Tony Romo is still their quarterback, and Roy Williams is their number one receiver. Bwahahahahahaa

I thought the ESPN announcers later corrected themselves and said they heard "past" not "passed". Doesnt even make sense that a team would announce "passed" because its not an official term.