Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Tony Romo

People are just trying to explain to the Romo "lovers" that he is not a top 3 NFL QB like they think he is.

ok thread not over. i gotta respond to this.

who thinks Romo is top 3? he's shown the potential, but fallen short. we know that. there might be a couple delusional fans on here that think that, but true fans know the score. you say one positive thing about Romo, or defend yourself, and you're labeled as "delusional".

:thumbsup: THREAD OVER!!!!!

i take back the Ben/Dilfer comparison. i didnt really believe it anyway.

look, we know the Romo score. for now, he's the Cowboys present/future at QB. we know what he is capable of. thats why we stand behind him.

i stand by my belief that Romo gets too much of the blame for the Cowboys late season failures. but, short of a playoff win this season, it's another failure. Romo MIGHT get one more chance if that happens. otherwise some big changes may come. including coaching staff. we shall see.

Very well said. The worst thing that happened to Romo after Parcells got fired was bringing in Wade Phillips as head coach. This guy has made the playoffs with three different teams and is 0-4 in the playoffs. Add in last year when his team folded down the stretch and it very well could be that Phillips is more to blame than Romo for the Cowboys failures in the last two years.

If the Cowboys don't succeed this year, and I were Jerry Jones, I would fire Phillips and give Romo one more chance with a coach like Bill Cowher. By Cowher going to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and a second year QB (Roethlisberger) he has shown that he builds teams that don't rely on their QB to win big games. As was pointed out before Big Ben was awful in his first super bowl, yet Cowher's team won. I think Romo would benefit greatly from Cowher's coaching style and having the pressure taken off of him to do it all on his own.

Very well said. The worst thing that happened to Romo after Parcells got fired was bringing in Wade Phillips as head coach. This guy has made the playoffs with three different teams and is 0-4 in the playoffs. Add in last year when his team folded down the stretch and it very well could be that Phillips is more to blame than Romo for the Cowboys failures in the last two years.

If the Cowboys don't succeed this year, and I were Jerry Jones, I would fire Phillips and give Romo one more chance with a coach like Bill Cowher. By Cowher going to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell and a second year QB (Roethlisberger) he has shown that he builds teams that don't rely on their QB to win big games. As was pointed out before Big Ben was awful in his first super bowl, yet Cowher's team won. I think Romo would benefit greatly from Cowher's coaching style and having the pressure taken off of him to do it all on his own.

Cowher would also build the offense around their strength, the running game, and leave it to the QB to manage the game.

Phillips is a terrible head coach. Great football coach, great co-ordinator, but terrible head coach.

As long as Romo is allowed to make mistakes without reprocussion, he'll continue to make them. Jones will continue his deluded talk about the Cowboys being a SB contender, and that Romo is an elite QB.

:ninja:

Six games last year with over 300 yards passing, six games with three TDs. That's with missing four games.

I'll draft him in a heartbeat.

This is well said. The problem, I feel, with Cowboy fans perspective is that they firmly believe that Romo can carry the team. It's clear that during the regular season, particularly early in it, he definitely can. But when the tougher defenses, bad weather, and pressure packed situations of the end of the season and the playoffs arrive, he doesn't seem to be able shoulder the load.

That being said, the Cowboys problem isn't Romo, it's Jerry Jones. I believe that the Cowboys would likely have contended for a Superbowl last year if Jones ego hadn't run Bill Parcells off and if they had better RB health. Bill recognized right from the beginning the limitations of Romo's game, particularly in the decision making/handling pressure department, and would have absolutely pounded the ball in the running game with those three talented backs they have. And I believe that would also hold true this year. The bulk of the problem now is the play calling and overall coaching, and since Jones hired both Phillips and Garrett, that falls on him. The problem with Cowher is that he won't stomach Jones involvement in things, and Jones won't stomach Bill's big presence the same way he couldn't stomach Parcells. Until Jerry Jones steps back, gets a good GM, and lets the Coach coach and the GM manage, the Cowboys won't succeed.

Cowher would also build the offense around their strength, the running game, and leave it to the QB to manage the game.

Phillips is a terrible head coach. Great football coach, great co-ordinator, but terrible head coach.

As long as Romo is allowed to make mistakes without reprocussion, he'll continue to make them. Jones will continue his deluded talk about the Cowboys being a SB contender, and that Romo is an elite QB.

:music_guitarred:

Yup

Six games last year with over 300 yards passing, six games with three TDs. That's with missing four games.

I'm sorry, but Terrell Owens does that to a QB. He's a distraction and eventual cancer in the lockerroom, but the guy makes QB's. No TO this means Romo will be an average QB at best. Honestly, that might help the Cowboys in the long run, because it will put more emphasis on their running game.

I'm sorry, but Terrell Owens does that to a QB. He's a distraction and eventual cancer in the lockerroom, but the guy makes QB's. No TO this means Romo will be an average QB at best. Honestly, that might help the Cowboys in the long run, because it will put more emphasis on their running game.

I think less pressure to jam the ball into TO could actually make him better.

I think less pressure to jam the ball into TO could actually make him better.

I believe the Cowboys will be better in general (addition by subtraction) but Romo will suffer. You're taking one of the most talented and dominating WR's in NFL history off the field and replacing him with a guy who has one 1000 yrd season in 6 years and a group of also-rans at the 2nd spot. Romo's only good targets now are Witten and one of the backs coming out the backfield.

I believe the Cowboys will be better in general (addition by subtraction) but Romo will suffer. You're taking one of the most talented and dominating WR's in NFL history off the field and replacing him with a guy who has one 1000 yrd season in 6 years and a group of also-rans at the 2nd spot. Romo's only good targets now are Witten and one of the backs coming out the backfield.

I think he's still top 10 if he plays the whole year with top 5 potential.

I think we all admit he's an awesome fantasy QB.

I think we all admit he's an awesome fantasy QB.

Right up until the fantasy playoffs, when you need him most. :(