Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Look-Alike Players: Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning

Look-Alike Players: Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Brady or Manning?

• Tom Brady
    • Peyton Manning

Look-Alike Players seeks to try to distinguish between two players whose redraft values appear to be almost identical. Today, the choice is Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning.

Feel free to vote and then add thoughts on why you voted for who you did throughout the thread. This is an old FFToday feature that will be continued this spring/summer as dictated by the interest it garners.

Results so far in '09:

Braylon Edwards over Chad Johnson, 17-10.

I'll go first. :dunno:

Bottom line is this uncertainty of Brady's injury, and how he will 'bounce back'. Even if you think he will be back to normal the question still lingers prior to the season. Therefore I go with Manning. He is just the safer play and therefore gets the edge. It's by a hair though. I have em ranked 2 and 3 respectively at the QB position.

I think, if the Pats weren't confident Brady would be ready they wouldn't have dealt Cassel this early. Manning/Brady are obviously close, but I have Brady 2 and Manning 3.

Both have questions going into the year. Brady is coming back from the knee injury and Manning has lost his O-Coordinator and O-Line coach who he has been working with since he got into the league.

Since Brady's injury was so early, he has a ton of time to recover......plus I am a Homer. Gotta go with Brady. :dunno:

Both have questions going into the year. Brady is coming back from the knee injury and Manning has lost his O-Coordinator and O-Line coach who he has been working with since he got into the league.

Both replacements came from within the organization, so the scheme should be very similar if not the same. Manning really started to click in the second half of last season, so he should be back to his old self come September. Although another question is if they'll put Gonzalez outside with Wayne or keep him in the slot.

I agree that the Patriots showed faith in Brady's recovery by trading Cassel. He did have a lot of time to recover, but we won't really know the situation until training camp. Right now I have Brady slightly above Manning.

I'll go first. :unsure:

Bottom line is this uncertainty of Brady's injury, and how he will 'bounce back'. Even if you think he will be back to normal the question still lingers prior to the season. Therefore I go with Manning. He is just the safer play and therefore gets the edge. It's by a hair though. I have em ranked 2 and 3 respectively at the QB position.

No, Tom Brady has the hair advantage...

I won't opt to draft either, but given the proximity of their respective ADP's Brady is clearly the better value in my mind. Moss and Wayne are a basic push, with Moss edging him out with his TD totals, but Manning doesn't have a Welker.

I'm taking Brady b/c of the WR weapons. Am I the only one excited about Galloway going to the Pats? The speed of Moss/Galloway + the dink and dunk to Welker. I see some long Td's passes going to Galloway vs his man coverage that he hasn't seen in years. This is going to be a monster year from Brady again.