Sign in to follow this  
gridiron whirlwinds

My Fantasy Team

Hey guys....I have been coming to this site for a number of years now and reading peoples opinions...I have decided to join finally, and glad to be onboard.

I am in the same fantasy league "The Dirty Dozen" now for this the 19th year! We are called the "Dirty Dozen", however we have 14 teams. We play head to head for 13 weeks, once against each team, then the playoffs.

It is a TD only league, it is also a keeper league. Your roster consist of 14 players...2 QB...4 RB.......4WR.....2Kickers....2 Defenses

A starting line up consist of 1 QB 2RB 2WR 1 Kicker 1 Defense....if you wish you can use 1 RB and 3 WR

On defense you get any tds that are by int. return....fumble return.....or blocked punt or blocked FG returned for td. You also get 1 point each for each sack....fumble recovered and int. The QB gets 3 points for every TD pass.

At the end of every season we keep any 6 skill position players that you want and 1 Kicker and 1 Defense....making our draft for the most part 6 rounds with a big emphasis on rookies.

You can keep less skill players than 6 if you wish.

Here Is My Team heading into this years draft, where I will be drafting 8th out of 14. I am looking at drafting WR's with my first 2 picks for sure.

Tell me what you think of my team....remember....this is a TD only league...yards, and catches get you nothing.

QB...Kurt Warner

QB...Jay Cutler

RB...Deangelo Williams

RB...Lendale White

RB...Pierre Thomas

RB...Ray Rice

Kicker...Garrett Hartley

Defense....Dallas Cowboys

At this point I am keeping RB Ray Rice as my last keeper over these WR's....Chad Johnson.....Tony Gonzalez....Bernard Berrian....Eddie Royal

I am mainly keeping him as I really like his upside, and quite frankly after 18 years of doing this, I realize that the RB position is where your TD's come for the most part.

Please feel free to let me know what you think.

I think you are right on with your keepers. Most will prob not agree on Rice but I like the guy to be the man in BAL. The only prob is L.McClain is prob going to take TDs from him. As receivers go Ochocinco is in line for a great year so I could see keeping him over Rice not to mention I think you could get Rice back in the draft if you like him but I doubt Ochocinco will make it down to the 8th spot.

I think you are right on with your keepers. Most will prob not agree on Rice but I like the guy to be the man in BAL. The only prob is L.McClain is prob going to take TDs from him. As receivers go Ochocinco is in line for a great year so I could see keeping him over Rice not to mention I think you could get Rice back in the draft if you like him but I doubt Ochocinco will make it down to the 8th spot.

Yes, it is a tough decision for me between Rice and Chad....I think I probly like Ray Rice more than most, and especially for the future....I think he is too good of a runner not to mention his great receiving skills to keep on the bench. I am very weary abot Mcclain getting the Td's however...and this is a TD league. I just love Rice's skillset and I thought that he was the 2nd best RB in last years draft.....most won't agree.

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated.

I think I probly like Ray Rice more than most, and especially for the future....I think he is too good of a runner not to mention his great receiving skills to keep on the bench.

you don't get any pts for that though and even if mcclain + mcgahee move on, peerman might be the goalline guy at some point

i think it comes down to what WR do you think might be available? i assume it snakes back for rd 2?

if its 2nd/3rd tier WR, i'd have a tough time keeping rice over OC (and gonzalez but TE's get few TD's anyway)

i'd go for the win this year (keep OC), hope to pick rice back up in the draft

hmm to me it would not be ray rice and would be between tony g and eddie royal (especially if marshall gets traded.)

tony might be in line for a decent amount of TD's this year on a winning team as the top receiving threat in the redzone for ATL.

Royal might have more value in a non TD only league but again if Marchall moves on, who else is going to score in the passing game?

While i would not take ochocinco, I would also understand keeping him.

The biggest reason id let rice go is your format... You can start a max of 2 backs or only 1 if you choose. With Deangelo, Lendale and Pierre Thomas you have a nice trio who all score fairly often. Rice seems like too much of a luxury pick. Plus, none of your backs are old at all so there shouldn't be any concern about building for the future.

Have you seen the Rate My Team app ....there is a really slick one floating around the innerwebs :banana:

I will go with keeping Ray Rice as a bad option, when you could be keeping Chad, Gonzo or Royal (Bernard might be an option if Vikes sign Farve).

You got three solid RB's already. How many times will you play Rice? And he isn't even the starter. I personally believe keeping one of your WR options over him helps you more, rather than possible makes you weak at WR depending on who is available in the draft. I think another person also mentioned, Rice will probably be available in the league in the 2 or 3 round, unless someone else is weak at RB and takes him, but I just don't see the logic of keeping him over one of the others.

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I may have to consider keeping Gonzo or Chad over Ray Rice....I think I will let it play out in the pre season and see if McGahee is still there.

The running backs go fast in our Draft, as Rice went within the top 6 picks last year....the reason being that rookie wr hardly do anything and the really good wr's are already on a roster....leaving a large amount of wr's that score between 5-8 td's per year available.

I still believe very strongly that Ray Rice can be a 4 down back in this league and score his share of td's.....I mean he will play 4 games against the Browns and Bungles...I really Like his chances in those match ups.

At the number 8 pick, I will get a decent WR, and maybe even a shot at Crabtree....that would be a pick for the future, but I would be willing to do that.

Keep your comments coming.

I like keeping Gonzo myself.

Turner had a huge number of carries last year. I'm not quit sure White is as good as his stats were last year. I need another year to be a believer. I think Gonzo is going to be a key security blanket, and a bigtime endzone target for Ryan.

I think those 2 could be the best QB/TE combo this year.

On a side note.

What is it like being in an only TD league?

Do/have you played in any regular leagues that use normal scoring.

I guess I'm very intrigued be hearing someone plays in this type of format, as I don't know anyone else.

Probably a guy like TJ Duckett who would be useless to me, would be fantasy gold to you?

And your rankings would be the hardest part to adjust too?

:sleep:

Now that I think of it. What TE's and WR's do you think will be kept? Narrowing down your projected player pool will also be a good indicator of who you should keep as your last player. A backup RB who might have a future upside, or a top TE and a serviceable WR that would serve you well right now.

I like keeping Gonzo myself.

Turner had a huge number of carries last year. I'm not quit sure White is as good as his stats were last year. I need another year to be a believer. I think Gonzo is going to be a key security blanket, and a bigtime endzone target for Ryan.

I think those 2 could be the best QB/TE combo this year.

On a side note.

What is it like being in an only TD league?

Do/have you played in any regular leagues that use normal scoring.

I guess I'm very intrigued be hearing someone plays in this type of format, as I don't know anyone else.

Probably a guy like TJ Duckett who would be useless to me, would be fantasy gold to you?

And your rankings would be the hardest part to adjust too?

:thumbsdown:

I have played in your standard scoring leagues on the internet, yahoo and the likes....but I much prefer the TD only scoring much better.

For one thing you can sit down sunday after noon with the nfl sunday ticket and you know right where your team stands...you know the score of your game at all times right as it happens....we also like the fact that the scores of our games are more like the scores of a real nfl game...like 34-21.....rather than 125-89.....so you just target the TD makers on your team and dont worry about the possesion receivers to much...get the Playmakers.

We have 14 guys in our league and it makes the scoring fast and easy and our league has brought it up for vote a few times to change the scoring....but it has never come close to passing...so i believe we will use it forever.

Now that I think of it. What TE's and WR's do you think will be kept? Narrowing down your projected player pool will also be a good indicator of who you should keep as your last player. A backup RB who might have a future upside, or a top TE and a serviceable WR that would serve you well right now.

Well, when you have a 14 team league.....there wont be many guys left unprotected than will score you double digit td's......I mean you can count on one hand the wr's that do that to start with....so our draft is alot about the future of your team...trying to hit on that gem.

Picking in the 8 hole , I am going to guess that I will get the 2nd WR off the board......I am thinking the best free agents will be.....Gonzo...Chad...Roddy White, possibly......then some veterans that score between 5- 7 td's

Keeping 2 QB and 4RB leave me a great luxury of taking 2 wr in the first 22 picks in the draft....while most will be scrambling for a starting QB or a nice 2nd QB and RB's......my focus can be WR and another Defense