Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B Good

Liberalism

You get to be all you can achieve on your own. If you're wronged by something that is not your fault, then the government should help you get back to a point from which you can get back up and on your way. But if you fall into misery for something that's your own damn fault, screw you. Also, society should have ZERO SAY into any activity you do that does not negatively affect others.

What about taking more money from those that have more money? Is that American? Cause if they can take my money and give it to someone else, then I damn sure deserve a say in how that person lives their life and spends my money.

What about taking more money from those that have more money? Is that American? Cause if they can take my money and give it to someone else, then I damn sure deserve a say in how that person lives their life and spends my money.

Mark my words that the day will come when you're wronged by something that is not your fault and you need a helping hand., I'll be willing to bet that you change your tune. :doublethumbsup:

Mark my words that the day will come when you're wronged by something that is not your fault and you need a helping hand., I'll be willing to bet that you change your tune. :doublethumbsup:

If something unfortunate knocks me down, my dad will beat the hell out of me if I'm still laying there two seconds later waiting on someone else to pick me up. He never waited on help, and neither did his dad.

Only the weak minded change their mind when times get tough. If you stand on character, principle, and morality, you stay the course even in rough times. It's what keeps people from stealing when they are starving. It's what keeps people pushing harder and striving even when all the storms of life are against you. It's what makes a college educated man become a ditch digger to put food on the table.

Unfortunately, character doesn't exist much in todays society. At least not like it used to.

And that day has come for me. And I refuse to change who I am because my circumstances have changed. I will just work harder to try and dig myself out of a situation that I did not create. If for no other reason than to show my kids that character still counts for something.

History 101

For those that don't know about history ... Here is a

condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of

nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the

mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and

live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the

invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The

wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the

foundations of modern civilization and together were the

catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct

subgroups:

1. Liberals, and

2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was

the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor

aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans

were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they

just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages

were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to

B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was

the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting

learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the

nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair

dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women.

Those became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal

achievements include the domestication of cats, the

invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of

Democrat voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer

that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the

largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant.

Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported

beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or

imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef

well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal

fare.. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of

their women have higher testosterone levels than their

men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys,

politicians, bureaucrats,journalists, dreamers

inHollywood and group therapists are liberals.

Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it

wasn't fair to make the pitcher also

bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly

Bud

or Miller. They eat

red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives

are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks,

construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, engineers,

corporate executives, athletes, members of the military,

airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively.

Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who

want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the

producers and decide what to do with the production.

Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than

Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in

Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They

crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a

business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history

If something unfortunate knocks me down, my dad will beat the hell out of me if I'm still laying there two seconds later waiting on someone else to pick me up. He never waited on help, and neither did his dad.

It must be wonderful living in your world. Everyone and I mean everyone needs help at sometime in their life. The older you get the more you will realize that. It could be a health problem or some other catastrophe. I'm not talking about sharing the wealth, I'm talking about reaching out a hand to those that need it. I guess that's the difference between liberalism and conservatism. Conservatism = I've got mine , screw everyone else.

Conservatism = I've got mine , screw taxing it and giving it to everyone else.

Extra fixored.

Many studies have shown that conservatives give more to charity than liberals.

Conservatives are generous with their own money. Liberals are generous with other people's money.

Extra fixored.

Conservatives are generous with their own money. Liberals are generous with other people's money.

[/quote

LINK to the many studies.

Selfishness goes to the bone. No amount of verbage will change that. The modern right winger is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - J.K. Gailbraith

It must be wonderful living in your world. Everyone and I mean everyone needs help at sometime in their life. The older you get the more you will realize that. It could be a health problem or some other catastrophe. I'm not talking about sharing the wealth, I'm talking about reaching out a hand to those that need it. I guess that's the difference between liberalism and conservatism. Conservatism = I've got mine , screw everyone else.

You need to get out and take long hard look at what's going on in the world. The solution isn't to give genertion after generation. Give a man a fish and he's on welfare. Teach a man to fish and he contributes fish guts.

Only the weak minded change their mind when times get tough. If you stand on character, principle, and morality, you stay the course even in rough times. It's what keeps people from stealing when they are starving. It's what keeps people pushing harder and striving even when all the storms of life are against you. It's what makes a college educated man become a ditch digger to put food on the table.

Unfortunately, character doesn't exist much in todays society. At least not like it used to.

And that day has come for me. And I refuse to change who I am because my circumstances have changed. I will just work harder to try and dig myself out of a situation that I did not create. If for no other reason than to show my kids that character still counts for something.

Are you not accepting a helping hand if you are offered a job as a ditch digger?

'Vikings4ever' date='Jul 11 2009, 12:04 PM' post='3996579']

Extra fixored.

[/quote

Selfishness goes to the bone. No amount of verbage will change that. The modern right winger is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - J.K. Gailbraith

Simple Google Search

He looks at who gives and aligns that data with political affiliation. His conclusion: conservatives give more money to charity than liberals. It is an interesting conclusion given the stereotype that conservatives are cold-hearted individualists while liberals are compassionate collectivists. I would have thought that the most obvious difference between those who give to charity and those who do not, is income. I assumed that low-income people give infrequently and high-income people give often. Turns out income has very little to do with it. Ideology is a much better predictor of whether a person gives to charity. It turns out a low-income conservative is more likely to donate to charity than a high-income liberal.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa37...1/ai_n19369255/

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly

Bud

or Miller. They eat

red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives

are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks,

construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, engineers,

corporate executives, athletes, members of the military,

airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively.

Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who

want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the

producers and decide what to do with the production.

Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than

Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in

Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They

crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a

business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history

LOL, That's actually pretty true. Except the medical doctors, corp executives, etc. etc. parts. Most doctors tend to be liberal, as they're for advances in science and medicine. Since most conservatives thump bibles, they're not too keen on stem cell research and scientific advancement. Corporate executives fall on both sides of the fence. You have social liberals like Bill Gates, bleeding heart liberals like Steve Jobs, etc. etc. Obviously most of them are fiscally conservative.

Truth of the matter... 90% of liberals are fiscally conservative. I'm very fiscally conservative. I'm just socially liberal and find the belief in god absurd. That's why I tend to vote liberal more than conservative.

I agree with most everything else though. Conservatives are fat rednecks who drink crappy beer and shoot innocent animals for fun. The see their women as property, and generally inferior second class citizens (similar to how they see minority groups). They tend to hold blue collar jobs that require no formal education or brain activity (see lumberjack, construction worker, member of the military, etc.).

Liberals do all the thinking for the conservatives on the front line, pouring concrete, and chopping down trees. They tend to drink imported beer, as it tastes much better. They stayed in Europe while all the bible bangers were shooting Indians (and each other). Once the conservatives wiped out the Indians the liberals came over to help free the slaves.

That's History 200...

Google search

There's a lot of right wing stuff in there, but one of the top results is from ABC.

And, admittedly, a lot of them link to the same study.

Google search

There's a lot of right wing stuff in there, but one of the top results is from ABC.

And, admittedly, a lot of them link to the same study.

But while the rich do give more in overall dollars, according to the Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey, people at the lower end of the income scale give almost 30 percent more of their income.

Many researchers told us lower income people give more because they think they are more likely to need charity or know someone who needs charity.

Liberalism to me is a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard. The evolution and misuse of words has related it to the progressive movement, however.

Conservatives are greedy and selfish. Which is funny, because most conservatives think they aren't.

Conservatives try to mask these ugly traits using platitudes such as "self-reliance", "I advanced by my own efforts", "charitable", "free market", "progressive taxation is un-American", "government is the source of all evil", "individualism", and the hallowed "FREEEEDOM!".

What they really mean is, "MINE! MINE! MINE! I got/stole/bilked others out of MINE, and to hell with everyone else. Leave MINE alone and let me do WHATEVER I WANT!"

Pretty simple, really. Most conservatives are adult children. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, liberals are for the most part well-meaning but sometimes clueless about how to go about accomplishing their main goal: improving the lot of human society. Bumbling meddlers.

:doublethumbsup:

Liberalism to me is a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard. The evolution and misuse of words has related it to the progressive movement, however.

Both conservatives and liberals have butchered Liberalism. Traditional Liberals have a strong belief in free trade, limited government, and respect for human rights. Modern day conservatives and liberals are all about big business, infringing on my constitutional rights (See The Patriot Act), special interests, etc.

That's why arguments between us little people are useless. We're all getting f'ed by whoever we vote for. It's us against them, not left against right!

Both conservatives and liberals have butchered Liberalism. Traditional Liberals have a strong belief in free trade, limited government, and respect for human rights. Modern day conservatives and liberals are all about big business, infringing on my constitutional rights (See The Patriot Act), special interests, etc.

That's why arguments between us little people are useless. We're all getting f'ed by whoever we vote for. It's us against them, not left against right!

:rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Main Entry:
lib·er·al·ism 
Pronunciation:
\ˈli-b(ə-)rə-ˌli-zəm\
Function:
noun
Date:
1: the quality or state of being liberal
2 a:often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b: a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c: a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class) d:capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party.

The only thing that comes close to what people describe as "liberals" nowadays is C.

I agree with most everything else though. Conservatives are fat rednecks who drink crappy beer and shoot innocent animals for fun. The see their women as property, and generally inferior second class citizens (similar to how they see minority groups). They tend to hold blue collar jobs that require no formal education or brain activity (see lumberjack, construction worker, member of the military, etc.).

Liberals do all the thinking for the conservatives on the front line, pouring concrete, and chopping down trees. They tend to drink imported beer, as it tastes much better. They stayed in Europe while all the bible bangers were shooting Indians (and each other). Once the conservatives wiped out the Indians the liberals came over to help free the slaves.

That's BS 200...

Fixed it for you...cause wow that was the most ridiculous load of crap I have read in a while on this board...

Edit...other than the OP...and a few others posts in this thread of course...(UhHuh's...RPs...)

It pretty much turned out how I expected.

One group saying...you all are like this.

The other saying...well you all are like this.

Fact is...not a damn one of you got it right and just used some terribly overreaching generalizations that were hardly true at all.

Fixed it for you...cause wow that was the most ridiculous load of crap I have read in a while on this board...

Edit...other than the OP...and a few others posts in this thread of course...(UhHuh's...RPs...)

It pretty much turned out how I expected.

One group saying...you all are like this.

The other saying...well you all are like this.

Fact is...not a damn one of you got it right and just used some terribly overreaching generalizations that were hardly true at all.

I'm so surprised that you agree with the biggest donkey on the bored (RP ofcourse). :thumbsup:

I'm so surprised that you agree with the biggest donkey on the bored (RP ofcourse). :doublethumbsup:

Umm...read my post...there was no agreeing with RP...and you don't pay attention much if you think I agree with him on very much.

Does not change the fact that your post was ignorant drivel.

Umm...read my post...there was no agreeing with RP...

WTF? You mean you don't agree with my OP in this thread?

Dayum, and I presented it as a definitive exposition on exactly what defines a Liberal and a Consrvative looking for your approval. I guess I should have posted it as a lighthearted contribution to the thread. :banana:

Fukking moron....................on top of that you are a fukking moron with ZERO sense of humor. :doublethumbsup:

WTF? You mean you don't agree with my OP in this thread?

Dayum, and I presented it as a definitive exposition on exactly what defines a Liberal and a Consrvative looking for your approval. I guess I should have posted it as a lighthearted contribution to the thread. :banana:

Fukking moron....................on top of that you are a fukking moron with ZERO sense of humor. :doublethumbsup:

My sense of humor was fine...nothing you have said was funny at all.

My sense of humor was fine...nothing you have said was funny at all.

Like I said....ZERO sense of humor. No skin of my back since I didn't post it with you in mind. I simply thought there would be someone on this bored who wasn't such an assdart they might enjoy it. Seems I was right.

Are you not accepting a helping hand if you are offered a job as a ditch digger?

The answer to your question is no. You are earning your living by digging someone elses ditch.