Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Insure Your Fantasy Team

Link

Before the first weekend of the NFL season, the fantasy owner selects the player he wishes to insure — let's say it's his top pick, Peyton Manning of Indianapolis. He then enters his league entry fee ($250 for this scenario, though FSI offers claims up to $1,000), transaction fees ($0), and money spent on additional expenses, like magazines and online subscriptions ($15).

FSI then determines the cost of the policy based on those numbers, with every top-50 player — from the chronically-injured Steven Jackson of the St. Louis Rams to the Atlanta Falcons' relatively sturdy Michael Turner. In this case, insuring Mr. Manning for a 15-game fantasy season would cost $29.87. For just under $30, an owner who loses Mr. Manning to injury for 10 of his 15 fantasy games would recoup the entire $265 he spent on his fantasy team from FSI. And he could still replace the star quarterback with a waiver-wire pickup and salvage the season anyway. via

Would you?

Thinking of using this as a bet not a hedge against my own team. I tend to avoid injury prone players.

What about laying down $105 to win $1,000 on K Warner? Who else would you think is most likely to go down for the season? SJax, Portis or B Jacobs

:music_guitarred:

Thinking of using this as a bet not a hedge against my own team. I tend to avoid injury prone players.

What about laying down $105 to win $1,000 on K Warner? Who else would you think is most likely to go down for the season? SJax, Portis or B Jacobs

Brett Favre :rolleyes: