Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Possible WR sleepers

Folks, I am new here but have been reading this site for many years. I am curious about you all's opinions on these two WR's as possible sleepers:

Laurent Robinson - Great camp, and appears to have won the #2 spot for the Rams. I know the Ram's suck, but they will be playing catch-up all year. Possible for some trash time numbers here?

Sidney Rice - I expect Favre to spend most of his time handing off to ADP, however, the Vik's can't run every play. Rice looks healthy, and could be a decent red zone target at 6'4".

Thoughts? Thanks.

I like L-Rob and drafted him real late in a deep league. The guy has talent but was hurt all of last year. A change of teams, and boom, he's a starter. Definitely worth a flier.

Folks, I am new here but have been reading this site for many years. I am curious about you all's opinions on these two WR's as possible sleepers:

Laurent Robinson - Great camp, and appears to have won the #2 spot for the Rams. I know the Ram's suck, but they will be playing catch-up all year. Possible for some trash time numbers here?

Sidney Rice - I expect Favre to spend most of his time handing off to ADP, however, the Vik's can't run every play. Rice looks healthy, and could be a decent red zone target at 6'4".

Thoughts? Thanks.

I think Rice will be too unpredictable to be usable in fantasy this year. he is really the 4th or even 5th option on passing downs behind. Berrian, Shiancoe, Chester, Harvin. He could have a couple good games but he will most likely be on the bench those weeks. and the weeks you start him he will get shutout.

WR Deon Butler(Sea)

You know Branch is gonna miss time and really hasn't done much since being in Seattle. Burleson is having some Hammy problems. Deon Butler could see more playing time should Branch and Burleson have problems ,health or don't produce. They like this rookie receiver and may not hesitate to give him playing time ahead of Branch and Burleson. I think he could jump ahead of Branch but may be more difficult to supplant Bueleson if he's healthy. Not saying he's gonna set the world on fire or be rookie of the year,just think he's in a situation if a few things happen and go his way he's gonna get on the field. If he has any succees once he gets playing time it'll be hard for Burleson and Branch to get him off the field.

Kenny Britt(Tenn)

He too's in a good situation with the problems the Titans #2 guy,Nate Washington's having. Yeah, the Titans are gonna run the ball and the #1 guy Gage ain't all that, so Britt could get the opportunity to get some good playing time. Another rookie with somegood upside if afew things fall his way.

I think Rice will be too unpredictable to be usable in fantasy this year. he is really the 4th or even 5th option on passing downs behind. Berrian, Shiancoe, Chester, Harvin. He could have a couple good games but he will most likely be on the bench those weeks. and the weeks you start him he will get shutout.

all Wr's of this type will be unpredictable. If they were predictable they would be going alot higher.

I drafted Rice in the IBL this year. I mean, I don't feel great about him but if he gets hot he could very well end up starting opposite Berrian and he will be their best red zone target (beyond Shiancoe).

What sold me on taking a flier with him were some reports that he spent the offseason working out with Cris Carter and Larry Fitzgerald and both had great things to say about him. His sophomore season was more or less a wash due to injury and now he is healthy and entering that all-important 3rd season.

I like Rice's upside as well with Favre. He will definitely see a few more chances this year. Robinson has potential, but since the Avery injury that entire passing game just concerns me too much.