Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Anyone else start Gage?

Last minute I started Gage instead of Cotchery just becasue I wanted a player to watch tonight. Totally the WRONG thing to do and a newbie thing to do to boot. Got lucky! Nice 20 point outing. I think Gage could really be a solid #3 wr this season. Granted They won't play D's hat make them pass often but I like Gage for a 78 - 950 - 9 season.

I started him in one of my Rapid Draft Drafts. Benched Kevin Walter (Hamstring) and passed on starting Chris Chambers. It worked out.

Almost started him, but left in Hines, as I remembered what he did in last year's game. There definitely is a shift towards Holmes though, and I'm glad to see that Gage may be a viable start some weeks. If only he could catch a little better, he'd be a low-end #2, instead of a #3 option right now. He will have some horrible games, so I think your prediction is a little high, especially on the TDs. I see more like 800 yards and 5-6 TDs IF he stays healthy all year.

Ditto. With Walter's hamstring and now Henry being hurt I pulled the trigger. I likey what I saw. :overhead: He had a lot of targets tonight and Collins seems to always look his way in the redzone. Should be a nice WR3 this year as long as he stays healthy.

I see more like 800 yards and 5-6 TDs IF he stays healthy all year.

That's basically what he had last year in only 12 games.

I drafted him probably a bit higher than most (I think it was the 11th round), and he's arguably my 3rd best WR, but I didn't even think of starting him this week.

I was deciding between him and Earl Bennett in one league for my 4th WR (flex)....

Went with Earl Bennett...hope that works out :P

Fortunately I was forced into starting him. I have Welker and Boldin questionable and start 3 wr's and a flex. I couldn't afford to wait and find out one or both wideouts would not play so I put Gage in and have Boldin in the flex spot at the moment. I can shift Crayton or Bradshaw in the flex sunday if Boldin is a scratch or iffy. I need to decide at that time on Welker as well but Gage provided me the flexibility needed to pull both Welker and Boldin if necessary (hope not!). Got lucky yesterday and hope to keep both wideouts in my lineup.

I have had him the last two seasons as a late-round flier and he has disappointed. As such, I refused to even draft him even though he has some value. Not sure what Nate Washington will do to him.

Which reminds me, I would like to send a belated FU to Jerious Norwood for failing to live up to the hype, year-in and year-out

I benched him behind Colston, AGonzo, and Lance Moore ... hopefully Colston and Gonzo will match his performance. But, overall I'm happy with his performance even though I benched him ... Collins looks to him alot.

Almost started him, but left in Hines, as I remembered what he did in last year's game. There definitely is a shift towards Holmes though, and I'm glad to see that Gage may be a viable start some weeks. If only he could catch a little better, he'd be a low-end #2, instead of a #3 option right now. He will have some horrible games, so I think your prediction is a little high, especially on the TDs. I see more like 800 yards and 5-6 TDs IF he stays healthy all year.

I was in the same situation. I figured they might both have 50-60 yards, but I thought Hines would have a better shot at a TD. Luckily Hines got me that 100 yard bonus even with the fumble.

But yeah it's nice to have a guy like Gage on the bench he could be valuable during bye weeks and may prove to be an ideal #3 WR.