Sign in to follow this  
jamco

Portis questionable for Sunday

Portis questionable for Sunday: CBSSports.com's correspondent with the Redskins reports that RB Clinton Portis sat out practice Friday because of sore ankles. "He has bone spurs that irritate both his ankles," Redskins coach Jim Zorn said. Portis will reportedly be listed as questionable for Week 3 at Detroit.

(Updated 09/25/2009).

Injury Report

Ankle - Did not practice. Questionable for Week 3 at Detroit

(Updated - 9/25/09)

Fantasy Analysis

After being limited earlier this week and now resting on Friday, there's a chance Portis might miss Sunday's game. If you own Portis and are counting on him for this week, your best move is to add Ladell Betts to your bench right now just in case Portis rests. When we know more about Portis' situation, you'll know more. And of course, we'll be first to know whether or not he'll be active this Sunday on Fantasy Football Today, 11 a.m. ET here on CBSSports.com.

(Updated 09/25/2009).

First tomlinson, now portis :lol:

Looks like I'm playin' Leon this week :headbanger:

First tomlinson, now portis :ninja:

Looks like I'm playin' Leon this week :rolleyes:

Do you realize how much wear and tear you were drafting when you got LT and Portis as your starters? Lesson learned?

Do you realize how much wear and tear you were drafting when you got LT and Portis as your starters? Lesson learned?

Surprised he didn't take Jamal Lewis as his rb3. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a guy last year in our league that drafted a ton of guys over the age of 32. Needless to say he had a terrible season.

Surprised he didn't take Jamal Lewis as his rb3. :ninja:

No, Ray Rice. But thanks for the comment :overhead:

thought Portis late in the 3rd round was OK value... and yes, lesson IS learned. just hope LT comes back at some point (week 6?)

No, Ray Rice. But thanks for the comment :overhead:

thought Portis late in the 3rd round was OK value... and yes, lesson IS learned. just hope LT comes back at some point (week 6?)

I hope Betts doesn't do well because I just dropped him this week.

H3ll, I took the Lions in my weekly picks even before this news :overhead:

H3ll, I took the Lions in my weekly picks even before this news :overhead:

the lions are talking like this is the game they are gonna win. It might be a trap game. The lions seem to have latched on to the idea that the skins are weak and ripe for a beat down.

If I am a redskin fan, I might be worried about a team that has not won in 19 games picking my team as an easy mark.

Well, shart in my pants... Barber, now Portis. :overhead:

I'd really be shocked if Portis sits this one out. Problem is, even if he does play, how often does he get spelled? Heard on the radio this morning about how they would like to get Aldridge some carries going forward so maybe tihs is a chance to give him a shot. Vinny Ceratto was talking about him bringing the big-play element to the team that they have been missing.

the lions are talking like this is the game they are gonna win. It might be a trap game. The lions seem to have latched on to the idea that the skins are weak and ripe for a beat down.

If I am a redskin fan, I might be worried about a team that has not won in 19 games picking my team as an easy mark.

:overhead: This has the be the first trap game for a team on an 0-19 streak ever! :overhead:

I'm just hoping Portis has at least a decent week this week so I can trade him... I was hoping for that right away and it hasn't happened yet. Uh ohhh.

I can't see Portis sitting this game out for a bunch of reasons. First off, he hardly practices anymore because Zorn doesn't want to wear him out. He didn't practice much at all last year, even early on when he was a stud. He was questionable for almost every game. I wouldn't start worrying until he leaves games early.

Secondly, Zorn knows the team needs confidence bad. I see they doing everything they can to drive Detroit into the ground this week. As stated earlier, Portis has to have a great game on Sunday or else everyone is pretty much going to give up on him and the Skins. I have confidence he's going to start, and I HOPE he has a good game.

I can't see Portis sitting this game out for a bunch of reasons. First off, he hardly practices anymore because Zorn doesn't want to wear him out. He didn't practice much at all last year, even early on when he was a stud. He was questionable for almost every game. I wouldn't start worrying until he leaves games early.

Secondly, Zorn knows the team needs confidence bad. I see they doing everything they can to drive Detroit into the ground this week. As stated earlier, Portis has to have a great game on Sunday or else everyone is pretty much going to give up on him and the Skins. I have confidence he's going to start, and I HOPE he has a good game.

You forgot...

Thirdly, Washington sucks ass this year and they are about to break the longest losing streak in NFL history, albeit on the wrong end of the equation. :first:

Any late news yet about Clinton Portis? I picked up Ladell Betts off the waver wire & really would like to use him this week vs. the Lions if Portis won't see much action.....

Any late news yet about Clinton Portis? I picked up Ladell Betts off the waver wire & really would like to use him this week vs. the Lions if Portis won't see much action.....

Picking up Ladell Betts will do you no good. Portis will probably play, but if he is limited, look for Marcus Mason to get a big share of the carries. Mason would probably see more reps than Betts.

Washington homer here.

Picking up Ladell Betts will do you no good. Portis will probably play, but if he is limited, look for Marcus Mason to get a big share of the carries. Mason would probably see more reps than Betts.

Washington homer here.

i believe you are spot on in your evaluation, portis will play, him being bothered by injuries is no big deal

i believe you are spot on in your evaluation, portis will play, him being bothered by injuries is no big deal

yep. he's always had some sort of nagging injury. he still plays through them.

Eddie Kennison & The Juster:

Thank you very much for the information. I live in Michigan & kinow how much the Lions suck, I just wanted to captialize on this.... Thanks again!