Sign in to follow this  
sbas2k

I get Rivers/Slaton/Cooley, he gets Brees/Jamal Lewis/Gonzo

I am desperate at running back, I only have AP and Jamal Lewis. The question is getting Rivers and Slaton, is that an upgrade giving up Brees? I will help with your posts, thanks.

My lineup now:

Brees

AP

Jamal Lewis or a scrub

Wayne

Housh

Gonzo

New lineup:

Rivers

AP

Slaton

Wayne

Housh

Cooley or Heap

i say go for it. don't really see much of a difference in the fantasy production from rivers to brees. slaton has much more upside this year over jamal lewis, even though he has had a slow start. i am a big gonzalez fan, but you will get good production out of cooley week in and week out.

I like the idea of getting slaton, I think he'll rebound from his slow start. But, I don't like it if giving up Brees is the only way. I'd try to hold on to Brees, he'll end up the #1 or #2 fantasy qb.

DO NOT GIVE UP BREES! He's trying to sucker you after Brees having 1 down game.

Pickup Glen Coffee off waviers and start him at RB if you are desperate.

See mine!

I would do this as well, if possible. Although I imagine Coffee will be a hot commodity on waivers. If your league is 6 pts for RB touchdowns and 4 for passing TDs, I think I would probably do it. So far, there is a 10 point differential in Brees as compared to Rivers. Theres a five point differential between Slaton and Lewis, and Slaton played 2 of the best run defenses in the league the first two weeks of the season.

Do it. Slaton is a huge upgrade for you and while Brees will be the #1 QB this year, Rivers will not be that far behind. And even if he wasn't: you need the RB help. Unless this is a league where scoring is geared towards QBs, I'd do it.