Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

FFT IBL results, week 3

for a nominal fee of course. For those who don't know, IBL = Interboard League, a competition between 8 boards (see below) with 12 owners each. Cumulative results to date:

FFLW +48

Guru +34

FFX +25

SO +8

FBG -3

Whiz -4

Hud -30

FFT -78 :unsure:

This includes a -40 for week 3, which given my uber math powers (included with consulting service), equates to a 22-62 record, or < 2 wins per owner out of 7 games.

I like this place and post here a lot; I'm here to help, guys. :overhead:

Can you trade, pick up free agents and stuff in the IBL or is the FFT crew screwed. :unsure:

You can do both, although the period for intraboard trading (within your site) is past, so now you can only trade with teams from the other sites. Also, since there were 8 drafts, there are 8 "images" of each player, so sometimes some gems are hanging out there. Last week for instance I got Choice with the 89th waiver priority; guys like Sims-Walker were long gone before me though (it is kinda a WR-heavy league).

Can you trade, pick up free agents and stuff in the IBL or is the FFT crew screwed. :overhead:

We're not screwed. Just off to a poor start. We've definately gotta pull ourselves a lot closer to .500 over the next 3-4 weeks though. This start is brutal.

Lemme guess. Players on multiple FFT IBL teams.

Portis

Slaton

Tomlinson

Forte

Romo

McNabb

Hassleback

Garrard

Jennings

Avery

Hixon

Gates

Titans

We're not screwed. Just off to a poor start. We've definately gotta pull ourselves a lot closer to .500 over the next 3-4 weeks though. This start is brutal.

For the record, I hope you know that I'm just funnin' with you guys, because... well, there isn't any money at stake, talking smack is the next best thing. :overhead:

That being said, I'm wondering (and before I post this, I see KSB's latest post which is related to my question)... when I joined this thing, I heard about the concept of sites locking in on specific players. The theory is that without such a strategy, relatively similar FF minds will end up with a random assortment of players, some good and some bad, and on average finish near the middle, whereas if you target as a team specific players, you take a high risk/reward gamble that you pick the right ones. Did you guys do this, and unfortunately end up with LT/Forte/Slaton/etc.?

for a nominal fee of course. For those who don't know, IBL = Interboard League, a competition between 8 boards (see below) with 12 owners each. Cumulative results to date:

FFLW +48

Guru +34

FFX +25

SO +8

FBG -3

Whiz -4

Hud -30

FFT -78 :mellow:

This includes a -40 for week 3, which given my uber math powers (included with consulting service), equates to a 22-62 record, or < 2 wins per owner out of 7 games.

I like this place and post here a lot; I'm here to help, guys. :overhead:

jeebus :thumbsup:

and I backed out of IBL because I thought I couldn't devote the time and didn't know enough...appears some of you should have done the same :lol:

On behalf of the rest of the FFToday posters let me be the first to say "you guys suck" and can you at least get us out of the hall of shame???

that is all.

jeebus :thumbsup:

and I backed out of IBL because I thought I couldn't devote the time and didn't know enough...appears some of you should have done the same :lol:

On behalf of the rest of the FFToday posters let me be the first to say "you guys suck" and can you at least get us out of the hall of shame???

that is all.

I'd like to blame Me_200X, who is in college and spending his time chasing hottie coed tang, as is his gawd-given responsibility. Unfortunately, he is one of two owners with a winning record. :dunno:

it's been frustrating for sure. As far as the list KSB mentioned we don't own more than 2 copies of any of those guys and most often 0 copies of them.

As for my own personal team its been a rough last 2 weeks with the injuries to LT and Welker and leaving Walter on my bench to give him a week to show he was up to speed. Guess he didn't need it.

:doublethumbsup:

This is my first time but from what I gather FFT has the highest career winning % in this thing so I'm sure we will turn it around.

jeebus :thumbsdown:

and I backed out of IBL because I thought I couldn't devote the time and didn't know enough...appears some of you should have done the same :wall:

that is all.

LMAO :wall:

FFLivewire Team Member