Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Broncos D longtime value?

They had some pretty easy matchups that are prolly the reason for their productivity early in the season.

Do they have any longterm value?

Or can they be safely dumped for a D with a better weekly matchup(s)?

TIA

They had some pretty easy matchups that are prolly the reason for their productivity early in the season.

Do they have any longterm value?

Or can they be safely dumped for a D with a better weekly matchup(s)?

TIA

Redraft? I don't like their next 4 games.

Dynasty. Maybe moving in the right direction.

Redraft? I don't like their next 4 games.

Dynasty. Maybe moving in the right direction.

Redraft.

TIA

I think they might be a good start against DAL (RB situation and DAL didn't look to good against a mediocre CAR D), but the next few weeks (NE, SD, Bye, BAL, PITT)don't look to promising.

I would trade them along with Stewart for Sproles if I was you. :wave:

Just tried and he declined.

:thumbsup:

wondering if any broncos homers think the def is legit or if its just purely the matchups they've had...im thinking of sticking with them this week for the home game against dallas.

wondering if any broncos homers think the def is legit or if its just purely the matchups they've had...im thinking of sticking with them this week for the home game against dallas.

The D may be legit but the schedule isn't good. They're a team where, I think, if you have to ask this question (meaning they're not a no-brainer to keep)... then you should probably cut them and play the waiver wire defense game for a few weeks. I think they could certainly finish the year in the top 5 of defensive scoring, but they could also finish 20th.

I would have said i don't believe the hype except for a few points:

- that win over Cinci, as flukey as it was, seems like it was against a good team now, not the Bungles

- their secondary is pretty impressive (Dawk/Bailey) and they have some nice linebackers

- as corny as this is they are playing like a "team" and a group of players who want to be there and win together, sometimes adversity does wonders for a somewhat average group

- they can apparently run the ball quite well

- Orton won't light it up but he has never turned the ball over a lot and as he has matured it gets even less

Final point:

I don't care who the teams are it is still the NFL and in 3 games the Broncos have given up 16 points. No matter what that is impressive and is enough for me to believe they will be a top D the rest of the way.

I would have said i don't believe the hype except for a few points:

- that win over Cinci, as flukey as it was, seems like it was against a good team now, not the Bungles

- their secondary is pretty impressive (Dawk/Bailey) and they have some nice linebackers

- as corny as this is they are playing like a "team" and a group of players who want to be there and win together, sometimes adversity does wonders for a somewhat average group

- they can apparently run the ball quite well

- Orton won't light it up but he has never turned the ball over a lot and as he has matured it gets even less

Final point:

I don't care who the teams are it is still the NFL and in 3 games the Broncos have given up 16 points. No matter what that is impressive and is enough for me to believe they will be a top D the rest of the way.

good writeup. i haven't watched thier games much but knew about their corners and the cincy game does look better now. dallas is an up and down team and makes their share of mistakes. even if denver isn't as good as bmore or pitt as far as shutting teams down, i think they can make for a solid fantasy def overall.