Sign in to follow this  
whitey2876

Offered Andre Johnson for Steve Slaton str8 up!

I was offered Andre Johnson for Steve Slaton straight up.

Here's my roster currently:

Matt Ryan

Jason Campbell

Steve Slaton

Ronnie Brown

Ray Rice

Jerome Harrison

Donald Brown

Tim Hightower

Randy Moss

Anquan Boldin

Mike Sims-Walker

Ted Ginn

Eddie Royal

Anthony Gonzalez

Brent Celek

Zach Miller

Mason Crosby

Ryan Lindell

San Diego

Washington

Here's His roster:

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Trent Edwards

Frank Gore

Cedric Benson

LeSean McCoy

Ryan Grant

Darren McFadden

Tashard Choice

Andre Johnson

Steve Smith (Car)

DeSean Jackson

Jerricho Cotchery

Hank Baskett

Vernon Davis

John Carlson

Steven Haushuska

Adam Vinatieri

Chicago

Miami

Scoring: 1 pt every 10 rush/rec. yards 6 pts. TD -2 Fumble (which plays in here the way Slaton puts the ball on the ground)

Anyway, I see it if I do it then I'm thin at RB. But I won last year with Fitz and Andre as my two wideouts and being thin at RB with LT and not much else behind it. Not like LT lit the world up last year.

Can I survive the loss of Slaton? As I do think he will get the ship righted and start to put up some numbers.

Do I need Andre right now? I could always package something with Moss, Johnson or Sims-Walker he!! even Boldin for another RB right?

We can only carry 6 players from any one position in this league. So I would have to cut a WR. Hard to do when you got Royal, Ginn and Gonzalez..................all kidding aside.......Ginn would be gone if this deal went down. I at least have faith in Gonzo and Royal (maybe). So should I counter and throw in one of his RB's and one of my WR's? If so what's fair?

Any insight is helpful. What would you do? Or am I crazy for event hinking about it and should have already pulled the trigger on this? Both myself and the other team involved int he trade are 1-3. He also just pulled off a trade last week where he sent Ocho-Cinco and Portis away for Steve Smith (Car) and Cedric Benson. He is doing anythign to try to turn his 1-3 season around. Where as I just got my 1st win this past week. Lost week 1 by 1 point and week 3 by 4 points, so my team is holding its ground.

I realize I gave a lot of info to digest. Please provide any feedback.

Thanks in advance..........Leave a link and I'll check out yours!!

Great question. Failed to mention that.

We start 2 RB's, 2 WR's and Flex (any RB, WR or TE). So basically I can start 3 RB's or WR's each week.

Thanks!

In a PPR yes in a YDG only league I have to stick with Slaton. He will get in the end zone more I believe as well.

No the league is not PPR.

This is my thingking as well as to keep Slaton. But could I get Johnson and package him in a deal for say Michael Turner or something? I need to sit and look at my league and see who may be hurting for WR's that has a stockpile of RB's.

Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks!

Thanks for answering mine!

You have a hell of a team as you sit right now,I would just hold on to Slaton for now.

Thanks for answering mine. I would do the trade. Johnson is a complete stud. Even though you have great wr's you are getting one of the best if not the best WR's in the league. When trading I always think it is best to get the most 1st and 2nd rounders on your team. You can always trade one of your wrs later to improve your rb situtation.

Good Luck

I wouldnt do this deal. I mean straight up, you are getting more value with AJ. But your team is already set at WR. You need help at RB, if anything. And QB. I like Matt Ryan, but he is a middle of the pack starter right now. I would try and make a move for a top notch QB. Your rbs are fine as they are. Keep in mind Slaton will produce more as the season progresses. His playoff schedule is very nice.

Now if you are thinking that far ahead in getting AJ to do a larger package deal for a top tier rb or qb, then I cant help there, because I dont know the other rosters. In my experience that is tough to do.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=353063

Bit of a tough call and was originally going to say stick with what you have. As I reread it, I'd lean towards getting AJ. It would strengthen your WRs and you would be getting a top one at that. I think you can survive with the RB's you have, and potentially with an injury (ie. can McGahee stay healthy?) or trade they could become stronger. Not that I'd be counting on that last thought - no crystal ball here though sure would love to have one.

Good luck and thanks for mine (btw, wasn't planning on keeping Driver - thought was to replace him w/another WR or somehow package up for a different trade).

Although you don't need it, I think the trade would make your team stronger. Moss and AJ would be hard to beat by any other team in terms of WR, and between Brown x 2 and Rice you are well set for RBs.

Thanks for your input.

OK, if you make the trade you are thin at RB.

It all depends if you think you can successfully make a trade for another RB.

I would probably take the chance and then try to take a combo of either Boldin or Sims-Walker plus one of your RB2 and trade for a RB1. Even if you can't make that happen, you could probably get by if you play the matchups right with your RBs.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=353089