Sign in to follow this  
Durtee

Ethics in Fantasy Football?

I am sure that this has been discussed in the past, but I am curious to see what everyone's opinion is on this situation. Currently I am up by 3.45 pts in my league and still have the Dolphins defense to play tonight. He doesn't have anyone left to play, so I am considering benching my defense to secure my win which would take me to 4-1 and drop him to 4-1 also giving me the head to head tie breaker. Defenses are much more prone to negative pts than any other position, otherwise I wouldn't even consider it. So what are your feelings about situations like this? I am really not sure how I would feel if I was on the other end of this.

You play to win, right. While I might feel a little bad benching them, I would do it. Doesn't seem any different than running without a TE/K one week due to bye week concern.

Why not? Are there rules that say you HAVE to start a defense?

The chances of them getting -4 are very slim (unless you use some other point system than a normal league). But like Herm said; you play to win the game, so I would sit them and take the W. That way there is a ZERO percent chance that you lose.

I am sure that this has been discussed in the past, but I am curious to see what everyone's opinion is on this situation. Currently I am up by 3.45 pts in my league and still have the Dolphins defense to play tonight. He doesn't have anyone left to play, so I am considering benching my defense to secure my win which would take me to 4-1 and drop him to 4-1 also giving me the head to head tie breaker. Defenses are much more prone to negative pts than any other position, otherwise I wouldn't even consider it. So what are your feelings about situations like this? I am really not sure how I would feel if I was on the other end of this.

you play to win the game. :shocking: