Sign in to follow this  
mreid

Buy Low Candidates

I like Dwayne Bowe. He does have 3 td's, but the yards haven't been there, he's been dealing with a hammy issue, and the KC offense hasn't got going. They showed signs of life last week and I think they will continue to improve as the players get more comfortable with Todd Haley's offense.

Others?

Chris Johnson. Alot of people who own him are panicking thinking his huge game was a fluke and every game from here on out will be like Indy.

Chris Johnson. Alot of people who own him are panicking thinking his huge game was a fluke and every game from here on out will be like Indy.

I have to disagree... If the titans don't fix their defense Chris Johnson will continue to struggle...

They haven't been able to stick to their "run-first" game plan.... they have been down too many points...

I truly believe a good run game starts with a good defense...

I'm going with Anquan Boldin... He has been hurt up until this point and so has Warner...

Once again defenses will key on Larry and allow Boldin to bust out this year...

We all know Arizona is a pass first team... that isn't going to change..

I like Dwayne Bowe. He does have 3 td's, but the yards haven't been there, he's been dealing with a hammy issue, and the KC offense hasn't got going. They showed signs of life last week and I think they will continue to improve as the players get more comfortable with Todd Haley's offense.

Others?

As a Bowe owner, I would like to package him for a better player since I have Sims-Walker and Moss, but I am in no rush to move him for any low price.

The yards aren't there cause he missed one game and was banged up against a quality game. In his three "playable" weeks, he's gone 14-170-3. Not big catch/yard numbers, but certainly enough for somebody who's consistently getting into the end zone. Considering that he also had appr 1000 yds in seasons 1 and 2 and the Chiefs are looking to run more no huddle, I don't see why any Bowe owners would be particularly sour on a guy that they spent a 4th or 5th rounder on.

As a Bowe owner, I would like to package him for a better player since I have Sims-Walker and Moss, but I am in no rush to move him for any low price.

The yards aren't there cause he missed one game and was banged up against a quality game. In his three "playable" weeks, he's gone 14-170-3. Not big catch/yard numbers, but certainly enough for somebody who's consistently getting into the end zone. Considering that he also had appr 1000 yds in seasons 1 and 2 and the Chiefs are looking to run more no huddle, I don't see why any Bowe owners would be particularly sour on a guy that they spent a 4th or 5th rounder on.

I agree. I think that he was "buy low" last week. This week, he has some health and a game with a TD under his belt. Not someone that you can snag easily.

I would see a guy like Jennings fitting this mold. Generally disappointing, but the line is going to be shored up and Rodgers will have more time to throw. I expect some big things in the next few weeks from Jennings. Get him if you can.

Steve Smith (CAR) is a buy-low guy right now. Offense is sputtering, but they are better than their record and will pull it together.

How about a deep, deep buy low in Lance Moore? I think that the last two weeks for Brees are an aberration and Moore is more healthy now. He is not even top 100 right now, but he will end up as a top 50 guy at the end of the season.

I have to disagree... If the titans don't fix their defense Chris Johnson will continue to struggle...

They haven't been able to stick to their "run-first" game plan.... they have been down too many points...

I truly believe a good run game starts with a good defense...

Can't argue about the defense, but Johnson does catch out of the backfield fairly often (has not had many catches in the past few games, but last year he was a recieving threat).

I just think the talented players will always find a way to score points. And there's no arguing he isn't an elite talent.

I dunno. I just think you can get him fairly low right now, and he will perform better after the bye. Not expecting much against NE, but I could see a defensive turnaround after the bye.

Eddie Royal

Kyle Orton

Tomlinson

Jermichael Finley

Leshon McCoy (Westbrook will get hurt again)

Michael Turner, Matt Forte, Roddy White, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, DeAngello Williams, Jason Witten...all high upside plays with owners that might be nervous after a relatively slow start. Find the appropriate sell high candidates to package for them and you could be very happy.

Some people forget that the season is just getting started...

I just traded away Cedric Benson and Donald Driver for MJD and Witten....and my whole league thinks I got hosed :)

Sure, Ceddy is leading the league in rushing after week 5, but so was Clinton Portis last year, and we all know how that worked out.

I know people are down on them, but I think any of the Top 3 from Detroit

Calvin

Kevin Smith

Stafford

Calvin maybe you get a little cheaper since he is hurt. But this team will come around offensively after the bye. They've played some tough defenses to start the season, but after the bye they get Cleveland and the Rams. Then get the Cards in FFL playoffs with the Ravens and Niners

Not that you wouldn't have to give something up, but I think Randy Moss could be a good value and is due for some big games in the near future

I know people are down on them, but I think any of the Top 3 from Detroit

Calvin

Kevin Smith

Stafford

Calvin maybe you get a little cheaper since he is hurt. But this team will come around offensively after the bye. They've played some tough defenses to start the season, but after the bye they get Cleveland and the Rams. Then get the Cards in FFL playoffs with the Ravens and Niners

K. Smith buy low? He's like the #8 back overall in PPR leagues, only 2 points behind Benson who is leading the league in rushing.

Michael Turner, Matt Forte, Roddy White, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, DeAngello Williams, Jason Witten...all high upside plays with owners that might be nervous after a relatively slow start. Find the appropriate sell high candidates to package for them and you could be very happy.

Some people forget that the season is just getting started...

I agree for the most part, but it's a bit late to buy low on Turner, Roddy, and Fitz. Generally speaking, people don't like to trade their studs after a monster multi-TD game.

Obviously people in my league think MJD is a god buy low, b/c I'm getting some weird offers for him. MJD really hasn't done much other than the Hous game PLUS JDR is retard, so you might be able to get the MJD owner to bail...assuming you even want him, that is. I'm gonna hold, but only b/c I can't get much for him in my league