Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

Portis

I'm really feeling the need to move the guy. What's his value? What players can I get in return for him? Obviously I would need an RB to replace him. What did you trade him for?

I feel like he is a decent but low canadite right now. His remaining schedule is tough, but he is one of the few RB's in the league who is DA Man on his team.

I just aquired him and Hines Ward in a trade for Walters and Bradshaw.

I've had Portis on my trading block for about 3 weeks and I'm not really getting any offers for him. Then again, I'm in a keeper league so that may be why. I think he still has value and last week's game should have only helped him. I'm curious what others have gotten for him or given up to get him.

I agree with you Stone. I do like how he still gets almost all of the carries. Not many RBs have that situation going for them. I think another thing that hurts Portis is having Campbell as his QB. You know teams aren't scared of Campbell, so they can just focus on Portis. Kinda like Steven Jackson on the Rams.

Good luck. I know I wouldn't give up much of anything to get him and I doubt many others would either at this point. Your best bet is to use him as a throw in on a package deal...something like a good WR + Portis for a good RB.

i guess im in the minortiy here :shocking: i traded for Portis before last week :music_guitarred:

Larry Johnson and Lendale White for Portis and Eddie Royal :doublethumbsup:

I dumped 2 scrubs for one underachieving RB and one NO SHOW wide out so far. It worked last week as Portis had 18 pts for me :headbanger:

i guess im in the minortiy here :shocking: i traded for Portis before last week :music_guitarred:

I dumped 2 scrubs for one underachieving RB and one NO SHOW wide out so far. It worked last week as Portis had 18 pts for me :shocking:

portis will still be an good player. He is stepping up now. you unloaded trash in lenwhale and LJ. congrats. See you in the title game. :headbanger:

portis will still be an good player. He is stepping up now. you unloaded trash in lenwhale and LJ. congrats. See you in the title game. :pointstosky:

im still 4-6 and tied for 9th i think so not looking good for me :thumbsdown: Once Brady and Moss get it rolling Sunday ill be on my way to top baby :pointstosky:

im still 4-6 and tied for 9th i think so not looking good for me :pointstosky: Once Brady and Moss get it rolling Sunday ill be on my way to top baby :pointstosky:

Yeah, Tom Terrific is so sexy. He throws those TDs all day when he is 100%. I love the broncos but the tom to moss connection gets in gear this week. The titans will get owned for 500 yards and 5 Tds from Brady. 0-6 titans fans.............how you feeling? LMAO!

:thumbsdown:

P.S. I own tommy boy and moss in two leagues. I could use their magic this week

i guess im in the minortiy here :shocking: i traded for Portis before last week :first:

Larry Johnson and Lendale White for Portis and Eddie Royal :first:

I dumped 2 scrubs for one underachieving RB and one NO SHOW wide out so far. It worked last week as Portis had 18 pts for me :first:

I traded for Portis as well before last week. I got him for Cotchery from a guy who had a bunch of RB's and was desperate for a WR. Of course, Cotchery proceeded to hurt himself the day that the trade went through

I traded for Portis as well before last week. I got him for Cotchery from a guy who had a bunch of RB's and was desperate for a WR. Of course, Cotchery proceeded to hurt himself the day that the trade went through

dam that has to suck for that guy. But to give up Portis for Cotchery :first: That is grand theft

i guess im in the minortiy here :shocking: i traded for Portis before last week :unsure:

I dumped 2 scrubs for one underachieving RB and one NO SHOW wide out so far. It worked last week as Portis had 18 pts for me :thumbsdown:

I wouldn't target Portis myself but I think you did well there. I hope you kissed him first. :thumbsup:

Portis has little value and I would not target him for any reason. He just lost his left tackle for the year as well. THe skins are going to be atrocious the rest of the way and how do you trust a guy who has NO line...will get about 3 ypc and has a shitty QB? Not to mention all the turmoil....the fact he's obviously slower than he's ever been and a team that could quickly unravel?

I thought about moving for him about 3 weeks ago with the lite schedule and although he did have a nice week and could easily have a few nice weeks down the road I could never trust him in my lineup. Im my opinion you have to roll with guys you trust.