Sign in to follow this  
bonv2

Is Maroney over Forte crazy?

Starting Grant @ CLE

Thinking over starting Maroney over Forte, he looked awful against the falcons. I this crazy, been burnt before with NE Rb's

I know Forte has sucked so far, but at least he gets a ton of touches. And that's not going to change unless he gets injured in the first series, or Cutler throws 12 interceptions.

Yeah, Maroney has a sweet matchup. But he will definitely split carries with Faulk, and BJGE will also be in the mix.

I picked up Maroney and will have to start him because of byes. I was able to unload Mendenhall....so I'll just insert Maroney into his slot. But if I was stuck with Mendenhall this week, I'd probably choose him over Maroney....in spite of the bad matchup against the Vikings for the simpe fact that I know he'll get a significant amount of touches. The same cannot be said conclusively about Maroney.

Sure, you know Maroney has a good matchup. But you cannot tell me how he will be used. And when I'm making decisions, I try to avoid such foggy situations.

Maroney over anybody is crazy right now. The guy is too unreliable to start at this time.

He does have the talent and ability to put it all together one day.... but it seems like every time he does it, it falls apart within a week or two due to either poor games or injury.

I would start Maroney over Forte. forte sucks, seriously look at his numbers. Besideds 1 game vs the Lions he has been DREADFUL!

I would start Maroney over Forte. forte sucks, seriously look at his numbers. Besideds 1 game vs the Lions he has been DREADFUL!

And what's the defense for Maroney?

And what's the defense for Maroney?

At least he faces an atrocious defense. Cannot say the same for Forte.

Until the Bears can sort out their problems on the offensive line, you should always look to other players than Forte. I see Forte as a matchup only type of back now. So I would start Maroney over Forte.

i think maroney is a good play this week.

forte is just a matter of time. He proved what he can do.. its just not coming together in chicago yet.

i've been fighting ryan grant and forte the last couple weeks. I gave grant a chance last week on what was a good matchup. He did get me more points than forte but it wasn't much.

I'm going with forte this week.. he will come through. I just don't know when

I know Forte has sucked so far, but at least he gets a ton of touches. And that's not going to change unless he gets injured in the first series, or Cutler throws 12 interceptions.

Yeah, Maroney has a sweet matchup. But he will definitely split carries with Faulk, and BJGE will also be in the mix.

I picked up Maroney and will have to start him because of byes. I was able to unload Mendenhall....so I'll just insert Maroney into his slot. But if I was stuck with Mendenhall this week, I'd probably choose him over Maroney....in spite of the bad matchup against the Vikings for the simpe fact that I know he'll get a significant amount of touches. The same cannot be said conclusively about Maroney.

Sure, you know Maroney has a good matchup. But you cannot tell me how he will be used. And when I'm making decisions, I try to avoid such foggy situations.

So you traded a starting RB on the SB Champions to luckily pickup a one week wonder off the waiver wire ?

Just curious why you did that ?