Sign in to follow this  
unckeyherb

Can't believe I am asking this but...

I've done this a few times, picked up waiver wire defenses going against these clowns and it has paid off (49er's in week 4 got me 39 freaking points.) Usually its been a semi-decent defense to begin with, but the Lions blow goats. Was wondering if anyone had the stones to go through with this strategy?

Another option I guess could be Jax against Vinny Young this week. That could be a turnover fest.

I couldn't get ARI so I'm rolling with DET this week. I figure they are at home coming off of a bye and playing STL which can't be that bad. This game will either be a shootout or STL will score 14 pts with a few sacks and turnovers allowed. I also think DET is the better team on both sides of the ball.

Same here. I've used this strategy for years (different DEF almost every week) and its worked more times than not like the 49ers a few weeks back pretty much winning my game single handed. Teams in my league have kind of blocked me this year stocking 2 DEFs each on their rosters, but screw it, I'm rolling with the Lions this week. My lowly Rams refuse to hold onto the ball once they enter the redzone, its just not their thing.

Without any earth-shattering options available at DST, I picked up the Lions for the sole purpose of starting them against St. Louis.

I also liked the fact that not only are the Lions coming off a bye, but this is the last game before the Rams' bye. And the Rams are beat up.

With the Steelers on a bye, Detroit was the best option in my league this week IMO.

Thinking hard about Detroit as well...also considering Houston and Jax.

Thinking Jax might be the safest bet...though none of these defenses are truly "safe".

It's a roll of the dice.

Also considering going without a def and taking my goose egg instead of dropping Charles.

For what it's worth, KFFL had Detroit as the top ranked D in the rankings this week. Yes, Detroit as the top defensive option for this week. :unsure:

While I wouldn't go that far, I think they will actually be a good option this week and I'm sure your opponent/league mates will get a kick out of it.