Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Who would you start tonight?

Got to thinking about the Monday night game tonight. I can't recall having a game where I had two players at the same position that I could swap if I wanted to. It pains me as a Steelers fan to have to start Brandon Marshall and root for him against my team. But I also have Santonio. I have Marshall set to start but was curious about the forearm here...Marshall or Holmes tonight, who puts up the better #'s???

Got to thinking about the Monday night game tonight. I can't recall having a game where I had two players at the same position that I could swap if I wanted to. It pains me as a Steelers fan to have to start Brandon Marshall and root for him against my team. But I also have Santonio. I have Marshall set to start but was curious about the forearm here...Marshall or Holmes tonight, who puts up the better #'s???

That's a tough one Fish ....

Holmes has been such a disappointment since Week 1 ... and Marshall has been a letdown recently.

That is a serious coin toss. Good for you taking the homerism out of it.

I think Marshall has the bigger potential for a better game. He IS the aerial option, whereas Holmes is taking FOURTH fiddle to HWard, HMiller AND 60 minutes own ... Mike Wallace.

See, even Jan agrees with me .... "MarshaLL, MarshaLL, MARSHALL!!!"

And if you STILL aren't convinced ... ask jerry jones nephew ... and then do the opposite!

GOOD LUCK

I need the Broncos D/ST to NOT SCORE. Fock you now EDDIE ROYAL pain in the @ss.

Ive got Marshall going tonight along with denver def, so you should join the party! I need 24 points from the two and get a 3 point bonus for 100 yards!

125 and 2 td from Marshall :pointstosky:

That's a tough one Fish ....

Holmes has been such a disappointment since Week 1 ... and Marshall has been a letdown recently.

That is a serious coin toss. Good for you taking the homerism out of it.

I think Marshall has the bigger potential for a better game. He IS the aerial option, whereas Holmes is taking FOURTH fiddle to HWard, HMiller AND 60 minutes own ... Mike Wallace.

See, even Jan agrees with me .... "MarshaLL, MarshaLL, MARSHALL!!!"

And if you STILL aren't convinced ... ask jerry jones nephew ... and then do the opposite!

GOOD LUCK

I need the Broncos D/ST to NOT SCORE. Fock you now EDDIE ROYAL pain in the @ss.

matthew berry......great point....i am 0 for 2 with the chris johnson wont get over 75rush yds this week and the GMen will win posts. On second thought go with santonio...... :pointstosky:

matthew berry......great point....i am 0 for 2 with the chris johnson wont get over 75rush yds this week and the GMen will win posts. On second thought go with santonio...... :pointstosky:

Yep, but I enjoy reading your posts and predictions .... shoot, I agreed with you with the CJ thing.

But I just had to get in ONE jab at ya ... glad you take it the right way though, most would scream, shout, cry and fold in anger.

I made some bad predictions this week too ... think I should find that post and bump review it ... and eat my crow ... before someone else does and humiliates me first!!

PS. I'm not Matthew Berry ... I'm much much better at predictions .... and life.

Yep, but I enjoy reading your posts and predictions .... shoot, I agreed with you with the CJ thing.

But I just had to get in ONE jab at ya ... glad you take it the right way though, most would scream, shout, cry and fold in anger.

I made some bad predictions this week too ... think I should find that post and bump review it ... and eat my crow ... before someone else does and humiliates me first!!

PS. I'm not Matthew Berry ... I'm much much better at predictions .... and life.

but are you named after his nutsack? cause that's not much better.

:dunno:

jg, I'm a Steelers homer too but I think it comes down to QB play. Who do you think is a better QB and will post numbers tonight? IMO I'd roll with Santonio Holmes. Steelers are putting up an average of 380+ yds per game. Denver will limit the run and Big Ben will connect with Holmes.

I'm in the same situation. I need 48 yards from either Hines Ward or Brandon Marshall. My gut says stick with who I started in Marshall, but my head keeps saying "Go with Ward you moron".

which pass rush is more feared? which defense will get more pressure? The answer is the steelers. which qb is better? Big Ben is better. So you take the wr with the better qb facing a defense that will not apply as much pressure.

holmes 90 yards and 1 TD :dunno:

jg, I'm a Steelers homer too but I think it comes down to QB play. Who do you think is a better QB and will post numbers tonight? IMO I'd roll with Santonio Holmes. Steelers are putting up an average of 380+ yds per game. Denver will limit the run and Big Ben will connect with Holmes.

This is an example of someone who does not take the emotion out of the pick.

Sure, Denver will probably limit the run ... but they TOO can be in BigBen's grill. They also have a fierce pass rush so I don't entirely agree with that argument.

Problem with Holmes is yes, Steelers are putting up good yards, but Holmes isn't seeing a big piece of that pie (5/70/0 game avg).

If this was the SuperBowl, yes, I pick Holmes. Monday Night? Give me Marshall and his final line of 5/82/1.

Mark it.

which pass rush is more feared? which defense will get more pressure? The answer is the steelers. :dunno:

WHAT????

Denver Defense:

PTS

(2nd)

YDS

(1st)

PASS YDS

(6th)

RUSH YDS

(3rd)

Pittsburgh Defense:

PTS

(6th)

YDS

(6th)

PASS YDS

(14th)

RUSH YDS

(1st)

Which is the one feared again?? I will take the player at HOME ... Mr. Marshall.

Still wondering why this nutsack Pimp can't be banned by FFT. Every other website on the planet has this capability but not FFT. The guy has THREE aliases going in this thread alone!

Here, I'll post and then respond to that post then I'll either agree or disagree with myself because:

1. I'm an idiot

2. I'm an azz

3. I have no life and live in mom's bathroom

4. I crave the attention I never got from mom

5. I flunked out of junior high...again, and have nothing better to do

I'd say it's 1 through 5!

:thumbsdown:

Still wondering why this nutsack Pimp can't be banned by FFT. Every other website on the planet has this capability but not FFT. The guy has THREE aliases going in this thread alone!

Here, I'll post and then respond to that post then I'll either agree or disagree with myself because:

1. I'm an idiot

2. I'm an azz

I agree. :Mr-T:

I feel Ward will out produce Holmes tonight. I also like Miller better. Holmes can be shut down for the most part.

1. I'm an idiot

2. I'm an azz

Why do you guys even worry about it? Hell, there has been alot worse here before, and it doesn't really matter. Get the info out you want others to see and don't worry about the insignificants.

If the players are close, I always go with the homer choice or the one on TV.

In this case, go with Holmes, you'll enjoy the game more that way.

I have Marshall tonight against Mendenhall and I'm down 8 going in. I need a lot of help!