Sign in to follow this  
Ondawa

waiver wire WR'S

Looking to add some depth at WR. Here is who is available. PPR scoring. Would use as a flex/WR #3. Who do you like?

Coles, Gage, Bennett, Royal, Bess

I am with you. I need to pick a flex this week. Either

Gage probably the one to go with, but a run run run team. If they even have a 1 point lead run run run.

Avery should be gold for garbage time RECs

Coles with Henry being out for the season, Coles will be on the field more.

Royal I already added then dropped. 2 pretty good games. I think they are looking to get him the ball more.

I will pick up 2 of these guys. Which 2 I do not know.

I actually dropped Avery after having to play him 2 weeks in a row before their bye week and he did squat. Did not cost me a win thank goodness! I like Coles, Royal and Gage. I agree w/ Coles being on the field more and Palmer looks pretty good lately. Denver has some tough games, even though Orton looked pretty crappy he has been looking Royal's way. Gage has VY, can you trust him plus they do run but I guess he is the #1 option there? All points to think about I guess.....I have a low waiver pick so we'll see???

Looking to add some depth at WR. Here is who is available. PPR scoring. Would use as a flex/WR #3. Who do you like?

Coles.

If you're stashing or taking a flyer and can afford the space, Meachem.

Ended up making a trade. I traded Hasselbeck and Buckhalter to the Moreno owner for Donald Brown and Derrick Mason. I think a good trade for me b/c I get Brown to back up Addai and added Mason for WR depth/flex play.

I just added Coles because I think he will get more looks with Henry out. Not to mention he has recorded a TD in two of his last three games. Obviously from year's past we know that he can be productive. It simple might take him a little longer to learn a new offense.

I also considered Gage but didn't want to drink the Kool-Aid. IMO Gage is the 3rd best wr in Tennessee behind Britt and Washington.

Already replied and went with Coles but thought I'd see if anyone is interested in ranking these guys, because I'm dealing with this (actually starting Maclin, but picked up Meachem as a flyer for the bench, but not feeling too, too confident)..... so:

Coles @ PIT - like Coles, but have to say this matchup worries me

Gage v BUF - VY passing? CJ will be running forever? No thanks.

Bennett @ SF - good matchup, no?

Royal @ WAS - dunno, Royal too disappointing this year, WAS is actually good vs WR's too

Bess v TB - Hm, nice matchup but MIA rarely passes

Also:

Meachem @ StL - helluva matchup, helluva sleeper

Maclin @ SD - not a great matchup? Or is it?

Sam Aiken @ IND - biggest of big games, bad matchup but possible shootout?

For those of you in return yardage leagues (I'm in a 1 for 25 league) Danny Amendola of the Rams might be an option. The Saints should score at will so he should have plenty of opportunities for kickoff returns. He may catch a few passes as well since the Rams will almost certainly be trailing. I see him scoring about 6 to 12 points this week. My dynamic WR corps of Megatron and Collie netted me a whopping 5.3 points last week! :mad: Amendola's not going to win you any games, but I'd gladly take 7 or 8 points from him this week. I have Warner, Ray Rice, DWill (maybe), Grant, and Vernon going so I'm just trying not to lose my game due to my WR's.

Out of the guys listed, Bess is the only FA in my 14-team league and I'm thinking about picking him up as a deep bench player. 14 targets is hard to look past.

Another guy I've had stashed who's probably still on many wires is Andre Caldwell. Like Coles, he should see an uptick in targets with Henry out, and he's produced well when called upon so far.