Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Will Clark break TE records?

The dude is incredible as a pass catching TE.

I didn't look up much of this but im almost positive Gonzo holds the records for career TD's, yards and receptions for a TE. And I am 100% positive that his 102 catches in 1 season is also a record.

Assuming Clark stays in Indy and assuming Manning throws to him for another 6 or 7 years, do you guys think he will break Gonzo's records?

The thing is, Clark was very average for his first 4 seasons especially with all those injuries. But his past 3 seasons is what im looking at.

2007 - 50+ catches and 11 TD's

2008 - 77 catches

2009 - currently on pace for a whopping 120 catches and 1400 yards.

It seems like the decline and departure of Harrison as well as improved health is what has propelled Clark to these heights.

Tony's numbers are lofty and he was playing at a pro bowl level by his 3rd year (quicker than Clark).

Thoughts?

Not sure if he will break Gonzo's records, but I thought he held a few records. He has been unstoppable so far this year and I am surprised more teams have not focues on shutting him down.

Not sure if he will break Gonzo's records, but I thought he held a few records. He has been unstoppable so far this year and I am surprised more teams have not focues on shutting him down.

Clark doesnt hold any records that I know of, however if he stays near this reception pace he will break Tony's single season catch mark.

If Clark and Gonzo play the same number of years, Tony will have the advantage having established himself sooner but Clark plays in the type of offense that Gonzo has never had the luxury of playing in so I think that could even things out.

I'm interested to see this too. I think he breaks 102 receptions this year; the guy has had 7 or more catches in all but two games and can get there with 6/game even if he doesn't play week 17.

The longer-term future probably depends a little more on just how good Anthony Gonzalez will be as the #2 receiver. Clark's seen a lot of this uptick simply because Garcon and Collie are less proven than Gonzalez. On the flipside, this year's success might ingratiate him as Peyton's full-time #2 given how obscenely reliable he's been. I don't care if he's running 6-yard drag routes out of the slot--catching 82% of what's thrown to you is invaluable regardless of how high-percentage the play might be.

Hell of a hitter he was. One of the best swings you'll ever see :overhead:

Hell of a hitter he was. One of the best swings you'll ever see :first:

:overhead:

:wacko:

at this point I don't know that he should even be considered a TE. Seems like he lines up in the slot 90% of the time.