Sign in to follow this  
rosslive99

Peyton Manning owners

Most fantasy playoffs are during Weeks 15 and 16...Any Manning owners nervous about the possibility of Manning on the bench for Week 16 due to the Colts having nothing to play for??

Obviously we're still a ways away from knowing what will or will not happen, however most league trade deadlines are rapidly approaching...Mine is in two weeks...I'm nervous that if the Colts keep winning and get so far ahead of the rest of the AFC, that my MVP is not gonna be available to me...So the options for most are to roll with your back-up...pick up Sorgi (hell if he's even the backup there still, I have no idea)...or swing a deal before your trade deadline...

My plan right now is to just wait and see what happens the next couple of weeks...if the Colts can lose a couple I think we'll be ok...however if week 11 comes along and they are still undefeated...might be time to make a move.

Thoughts Manning owners?? Is anyone else thinking about this or am I being paranoid? Guess this could also apply to the Brees owners, the problem is the Saints are never in this position so we have no history to base what they would do off of...but surely they would be considering it.

I was worried about the same thing over the last few weeks. I've pretty much got the playoffs locked and so I decided to offer Peyton Manning for Tom Brady. Dude accepted (last week) and so far so good.

However, with the Colts defense banged up they may not be undefeated for long. Regardless I'm pretty happy with having done that as I see the Patriots, despite an imperfect record, gaining momentum (but also with several lose-able games yet to play against the Colts, Saints, etc.). I'm thinking Brady and Rodgers are the guys to have this year for the playoffs, but I worry more about ARod getting hurt with how often he gets sacked.

Most fantasy playoffs are during Weeks 15 and 16...Any Manning owners nervous about the possibility of Manning on the bench for Week 16 due to the Colts having nothing to play for??

Obviously we're still a ways away from knowing what will or will not happen, however most league trade deadlines are rapidly approaching...Mine is in two weeks...I'm nervous that if the Colts keep winning and get so far ahead of the rest of the AFC, that my MVP is not gonna be available to me...So the options for most are to roll with your back-up...pick up Sorgi (hell if he's even the backup there still, I have no idea)...or swing a deal before your trade deadline...

My plan right now is to just wait and see what happens the next couple of weeks...if the Colts can lose a couple I think we'll be ok...however if week 11 comes along and they are still undefeated...might be time to make a move.

Thoughts Manning owners?? Is anyone else thinking about this or am I being paranoid? Guess this could also apply to the Brees owners, the problem is the Saints are never in this position so we have no history to base what they would do off of...but surely they would be considering it.

As a Colts fan, they typically play Manning 1/2-2/3 of week 16, and maybe a series or two of week 17...However, there are some positives here:

-First off, we haven't locked up anything. We still play the Texans on the road, and have games against NE, Baltimore, and Denver...all of which should be close games. We will absolutely fight for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, and with the Steelers and Pats at 6-2, we have a long ways to go.

-This is a new era for the Colts...Dungy is out, Caldwell is in. Caldwell comes from the same roots as Dungy did, but with a little more grit and attitude to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he played the starters more the last few weeks of the season.

-Resting our starters hasn't worked out so well. We've had a few 1st round exits the past few years after having bye weeks. In general, we've looked sluggish in the first round for a few years (except '06). I wouldn't be surprised if we played our starters just to stay sharp, even if it means risking an injury. Take a look at the Giants from '07, when they played the undefeated Patriots down to the wire in week 17, even tho they had nothing to play for. They played extremely well, carried the momentum into the playoffs, and made one hell of a SuperBowl run, something I think would catch on around the league.

It'd certainly be nice to have a decent backup, even if it's a low-end starter, but I wouldn't be worried enough to trade Manning, especially if your league doesn't play week 17.

As the thread about the large number of quality QBs this year suggests, you can probably pick up a pretty good backup very cheap as a contingency plan in case the Colts really don't have anything to play for.

Brees owner in my league dropped Hasselbeck after Brees finished his bye week, and I used a good chunk of my free agent budget the next week to pick up Hass for this very reason. I hope I don't have to use him, but if Peyton is rested during our playoff weeks, at least I'll have a decent back up QB w/ some great matchups to hopefully still give me a shot at a championship.

I've got no worries at all. Indy wont sit their starters for 2 weeks going into the playoffs, that would allow the possibility of rust to creep in and ruin the playoff run. On top of that there is a good chance they could still be playing for the #1 seed.