Sign in to follow this  
jaguilar2549

Slaton

I think at this point its up to Slaton to prove he is the best runner in HOU and go out and make a statement. Monday night would be a good chance for him to do just that.

He's being inserted back into my line up...

I think the moats fumble on the 1 and the slaton 1 yd td run is going to change his fortune.

I think i'm just hopeful.

Any word on what is going on down there with the RB's? Is the son of the Rat in full effect now or what?

The Son of Rat is still in effect but Slaton is going to see the ball more than he did the last two games. All three backs have shown no ability to hold onto the ball so from that stand point they are equal. Moats and Brown have no big play ability and don't scare anybody in the open field. Slaton does both and gives the Texans the best chance to win. Kubiak has realized that if he doesn't go 4-3 or better to end the season he will be out of a job.

The Son of Rat is still in effect but Slaton is going to see the ball more than he did the last two games. All three backs have shown no ability to hold onto the ball so from that stand point they are equal. Moats and Brown have no big play ability and don't scare anybody in the open field. Slaton does both and gives the Texans the best chance to win. Kubiak has realized that if he doesn't go 4-3 or better to end the season he will be out of a job.

this is wishful thinking.

how do you know what Kubiak has realized? have you spoken to him?

i hope slaton takes his job back, because im thinking about trading for him.

Slaton owners are hopeful...but there is nothing to indicate he will come back and be the guy.

Production? Yes.

Enough touches to be dangerous? Yes.

But Kubiak does not think Slaton is a good back between the tackles and does not want to use him as the primary back. That is the most obvious thing from watching those games....

I think it's obvious that if Slaton can't figure out how to hold onto the ball...Houston's not going anywhere. That's the only obvious I take away from their games.

If Kubiak thinks that Moats or Brown is be the answer for Houston...he won't be keeping his job much longer.

This is Moats job to fumble at this point. Anything else is just wishful Slaton owners(myself included) dreaming.

This is Moats job to fumble at this point. Anything else is just wishful Slaton owners(myself included) dreaming.

He already did. Much the same way Chris Brown did.

Don't believe me that's fine but the organization has made it clear to the coaching staff and the GM that 8-8 will not save their jobs this year.

Don't believe me that's fine but the organization has made it clear to the coaching staff and the GM that 8-8 will not save their jobs this year.

ok, thats fine maybe the coaching staff will get fired if they go 8-8.

that has nothing to do with slaton though.

although he might win his job back, you cannot tell me you know that for a fact, unless youve spoken to kubiak yourself.

dont be so sure, he pulled slaton for moats, its not an act or to send a message at this point.

Moats will need another fumble or two to be yanked. Slaton had his chance about 5xs over. Now Moats get his alotment of miscues and I'm willing to bet he gets the majority of the carries going forward this year. Slaton is the better back but Kubiak owes it to his team to replace any one player who might be costing his team a chance to win with turnovers.

I guess we will so who is correct when we see who gets the majority of the touches.

I guess we will so who is correct when we see who gets the majority of the touches.

You're right...everything else is pure speculation. However if i'm a betting man (and I am) i'm going with Slaton to get more touches this week and if he doesn't fumble...he's got his job back.

Steve Slaton has begun watching tapes of former Giants RB Tiki Barber in hopes of solving his fumbling problems.

Slaton has fumbled the ball an NFL-high eight times this season, though coach Gary Kubiak has lauded him for his work ethic. "For us to play well in the next seven weeks, Steve will have to be a big part of that," said Kubiak. Slaton will have to prove that he can hold onto the football before he gets his starting job back.

Source: houstontexans.com

this is wishful thinking.

how do you know what Kubiak has realized? have you spoken to him?

i hope slaton takes his job back, because im thinking about trading for him.

Maybe I know a little more than the average poster about Kubiak and the Texans. :thumbsdown:

Just maybe.

I am expecting a huge day from Slaton......

I could start any number of studs over him -- J. Charles, Hightower, M. Bell, etc. -- but I just have a feeling he is going to go off!

Don't miss the boat! :thumbsdown:

I am expecting a huge day from Slaton......

I could start any number of studs over him -- J. Charles, Hightower, M. Bell, etc. -- but I just have a feeling he is going to go off!

Don't miss the boat! :pointstosky:

Studs???? ummm FAIL lol

Houston homer here checking in for you - As I stated in another post, I am not starting Schaub, because all indications are that the Texans are going to give Slaton a chance to redeem hmself...I see the Texans trying to run the ball and control the game, keeping C. Johnson off the field. Kubiak really just wants to run the ball if he can. He has had Slaton watching tape of Tiki Barber when he had fumbling trouble and then when he corrected that problem. He does not want to throw ball as much as he has been if he can help it. Either way, Slaton should have a great night.