Sign in to follow this  
Exit 160

B. Marshal's value

Anyone thinking about benching B. Marshal if Kyle Orton is out and Chris Simms is in? I may start Lee Evans over him if Orton don't play

Sounds like Orton is gonna play :headbanger:

God, I hope Orton plays (never thought I'd type those words).

My WRs are thin after Moss and Marshall and Chris Simms looked like dogs**t last week.

From CBS:

Chris Simms was taking snaps with the Broncos' starters again Thursday. That makes it increasingly likely that Simms will start against San Diego on Sunday in place of Kyle Orton, who sprained his left ankle last week against Washington. Coach Josh McDaniels said Orton was feeling better, but Simms was the one under center during the portion of practice open to the media Thursday. Simms hasn't started a game since Sept. 24, 2006, when he played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was battered so badly by the Carolina Panthers that he needed emergency surgery to remove his spleen.

It appears likely that Orton will miss the game with San Diego. Keep an eye on what happens Friday and see what develops, but plan on keeping Orton reserved in all leagues against the Chargers.

I can't decide if Orton is making noise about playing because he's a warrior or because the Broncos want to be vague about their starter so SD will waste time preparing for him. If Orton is being a trooper, his owners had best wait until later to thank him. Toughing it out is admirable, but not if it hurts your team. I remember a time when I played softball with an arm injury so as not to let the guys down. The valiant effort ended when a one-hopper was hit to me at third and I found I couldn't make the throw to first. People had ample opportunity to thank me at the tavern afterwards, but no one did.

I hope Kyle is indeed doing his mates a favor by playing. For FF owners, there is the risk that Kyle will start but not finish.

I'm sitting him this week and going with Wayne, Hous and Smith (NY). He has too many questions this week and I have some depth.

The Broncs will try to run, run and run to make it a low possession game nomatter who the QB is. They'll be happy if they have a low scoring game going into the 4th quarter. It's their only chance to win. All bad news for Marshall.

I'm still contemplating this, but I hate to bench this BEAST!

Walter and Sims-Walker just don't have the same sex appeal to me.

I would not worry at all. First of all Simms had not played in 3 years. He got to practice all week. While he will not be great , he will atleast be better. 2nd Simms can throw a deep pass over 25 yards unlike Orton so you might see some deep passes to Marshall and Royal this game. and third, Good WR's can make a QB look better. If Warner went down would you sit Fitgerald ?? NO. Marshall is as talented as Fitz. you dont sit him.

ALL the critisism I hear about Simms sounds amusingly like the stuff you heard about Kyle Orton pre season. He will Kill Marshalls numbers , He cant throw. Hes horrible. Well Marshall ( and thew other guys) made him look alot better. Orton is not a great QB. Players like Marshalll , Royal etc made him look better than he is. Some of those passes to Marshall were way off target OR marshall made the plays after the catch. Cant sit a Beast like Marshall in a big divisional game.

Marshall does not need to score to have a #! WR game. 2 weeks ago he put up almost 20 pts with no TD . he is a PPR beast. You dont sit Marshall. Even if he puts up a stinker ( every WR has a few) you dont sit marshall unless you have a better option. Period.

11/21/2009 07:39 PM

THE NEWS

Kyle Orton's ankle has still not healed to the point where he would be able to start against the Chargers on Sunday, according to the Denver Post.

OUR VIEW

At this point, word on his injury could either be gamesmanship or a motivational ploy for the Broncos. He's a true game-time decision, and you will likely have to wait until around an hour before kickoff to know his status.

From Fanball.com

I don't care what you guys do, but I ain't benching the Beast!

My Grandma would find a way to get him the ball.