Sign in to follow this  
cavern

any news on sammy morris or taylor

(just lost brown). he's been solid and should continue to be unless he suddenly loses touches. morris has been practicing off and on for over a week. any homers want to speculate on the possibility of morris (or taylor, for that matter) making a come back this week?

No chance that Taylor comes back this week. He is still not practicing.

Morris has been practicing on a limited basis, but Belichick has been happy with Maroney lately. Even if Morris plays this week, Maroney should be a solid play. Now, if he fumbles another ball, then all bets are off. :dunno:

Morris has been practicing on a limited basis, but Belichick has been happy with Maroney lately. Even if Morris plays this week, Maroney should be a solid play. Now, if he fumbles another ball, then all bets are off. :nono:

I sat Maroney for first time in 4 weeks last week and what does he do?? 70+ yards and 2 TDs :headbanger: I would like to start him this week against the Saints on Monday night but with Morris probably coming back ill probably sit him. The PATS should run the ball a good bit against the Saints to try and keep their offense off the field and the Pats defense off the field. But if Morris comes back it would just make it a mess :headbanger:

Morris has been practicing on a limited basis, but Belichick has been happy with Maroney lately. Even if Morris plays this week, Maroney should be a solid play. Now, if he fumbles another ball, then all bets are off. :(

:rolleyes:

Saying Bill is "happy" with Maroney may be overstating it just a tad.

:pointstosky:

Saying Bill is "happy" with Maroney may be overstating it just a tad.

Surprisingly, Bill has been very positive on Maroney all year in his radio interviews. The fans don't really like Maroney's dancing, but Belichick always says that he likes how Maroney is playing.

Surprisingly, Bill has been very positive on Maroney all year in his radio interviews. The fans don't really like Maroney's dancing, but Belichick always says that he likes how Maroney is playing.

is Morris gonna play Monday night?? what do the radio stations around Boston say?

My reply was in reference to your comment about the fumbles. Larry really, really, REALLY, needs to HOLD ON TO THE FOCKING BALL!

i was considering playing Maroney but im gonna stay away from him this week atleast. I do feel like the Pats will try and run the ball a little bit but not sure how much success they will have.

1-New Orleans is #1 against the run but #31 vs Pass this year :dunno:

2-Morris may or may not play and wont know until Monday

ive actually got a few different options though none of them great. Its between Slaton vs Indy, LT vs KC and Maroney vs Saints. Gonna start 2 of them(Sjax a no brainer) so Maroney is riding the pine this week

My reply was in reference to your comment about the fumbles. Larry really, really, REALLY, needs to HOLD ON TO THE FOCKING BALL!

Oh, I agree with that. Although he only has a total of 3 fumbles in his entire career.

In the meantime, here is the latest on Morris:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Several injured Patriots walked through the locker room today, including Jarvis Green, Matt Light, Sammy Morris, and Steve Neal. Here's a quick rundown:

-Morris said that Sunday he was "for the most part" a game-time decision. He said his knee, which has kept him sidelined since he left the Titans game in Week 6, should be feeling better than it did last week.

“It’s only been a couple days,” Morris said. “But I think so. It’s about the same. Just take it as it comes, and I’ll know as the week goes.”

The buildup surrounding Monday night, Morris said, would not serve as any extra motivation to come back.

"It's any game," Morris said. "I think all the side stuff is from the outside. It's just as important as any week."

i was considering playing Maroney but im gonna stay away from him this week atleast. I do feel like the Pats will try and run the ball a little bit but not sure how much success they will have.

1-New Orleans is #1 against the run but #31 vs Pass this year :doh:

2-Morris may or may not play and wont know until Monday

ive actually got a few different options though none of them great. Its between Slaton vs Indy, LT vs KC and Maroney vs Saints. Gonna start 2 of them(Sjax a no brainer) so Maroney is riding the pine this week

Huh? NO is #19 in rush yards against this year and the NO defense allows the 10th most FF points to RBs.

Huh? NO is #19 in rush yards against this year and the NO defense allows the 10th most FF points to RBs.

got it from CBS:

2009 Team Rank

Off Rank Def Rank

Pass 264.3 5 275.7 31

Rush 163.7 2 70.7 1

Total 428.0 1 346.3 22

says their defense gives up only 70.7 rushing yards per game and says its #1 :doh:

CBSsportsline shows them #1??? than i checked ESPN stats and they have them #19 against rush and #16 against pass?? oh well just cross off that part of my argument :banana:

Go with Maroney. Taylor is definitely not back and Morris is a slow slow slow healer. Play him with confidence.

Go with Maroney. Taylor is definitely not back and Morris is a slow slow slow healer. Play him with confidence.

im slowly leaning back toward Maroney :cheers: Since i found out i made mistake by quoting CBS and the Saints are not #1 against the run and Slaton now has a broken shoulder and his coach is a FOCKING retard :)

here is an interesting read from Rotoworld:

Laurence Maroney, Patriots RB

It took a few more years than expected, but Maroney is finally turning out to be the player the New England thought they were drafting a few years ago. Since Fred Taylor has gone down, Maroney has become the man for the Patriots. Not only has he played well, but he's gained the full trust of his coaches in scoring situations.

Going into Week 6, Maroney had received just 3 of New England's 24 RZ carries (12.5%), and none of the 3 GL carries. Since then, he's gotten 22 of 27 RZ carries (81%), and all 8 GL carries. I'd never thought I'd say this, but, Maroney is a definite RB2 for the rest of the season. Although his schedule isn't a cake walk, he won't face any particularly tough run defenses, and sees Buffalo (one of the worst run defenses) in the Week 15.

i'm slowly leaning back toward Maroney :doublethumbsup: Since i found out i made mistake by quoting CBS and the Saints are not #1 against the run and Slaton now has a broken shoulder and his coach is a FOCKING retard :lol: here is an interesting read from Rotoworld:

Truthfully then Rotoworld are a bunch of focking tards. Laurence Maroney isn't even a shell of what we hoped drafting him. He's garbage. He fumbled at the 1 against Indy and last Sunday as well.

So as his carries have increased his fumbling has as well and one of those fumbles was the start of the 2nd biggest collapse in franchise history.

Furthermore I'm not that impressed with any of Maroney's carries, from the point, that Morris, Taylor, or anyone that's at least adequate can do what he's done. Run it in from the 1. I can ###### do that. I am 100% sure that I can run a football in from the 1 yard line in the NFL. Could I do it everytime? No, but it's really only 1 yard. Grab the ball, run to hole, pump legs, fall forward.

So while I believe Maroney is the #1 Fantasy option and he's currently our best option I say "good riddance" after this year.

Furthermore I'm not that impressed with any of Maroney's carries, from the point, that Morris, Taylor, or anyone that's at least adequate can do what he's done. Run it in from the 1. I can ###### do that. I am 100% sure that I can run a football in from the 1 yard line in the NFL. Could I do it everytime? No, but it's really only 1 yard. Grab the ball, run to hole, pump legs, fall forward.

NO WAY IN HELL YOU COULD RUN IT IN :nono:

Your probably 5'-9" and 240 :pointstosky: like a badly packed snowball or snowman. :rolleyes:

Birdbradybobbyorr

NO WAY IN HELL YOU COULD RUN IT IN :nono:

Your probably 5'-9" and 240 :thumbsdown: like a badly packed snowball or snowman. :shocking:

Birdbradybobbyorr

HAHAHAH! Love it!

I am 5'11" 218 (but I'm about 15 lbs overweight)!

Without touching on my resume, I don't think running 1 yard straight is that difficult. Am I saying I could be an everyday NFL running back? Of course not, that doesn't make sense, I definitely don't have the speed or strength so they stack the middle and ignore the edge. I can't get to the edge and I don't have the strength to power over an NFL defense stacked to stop me but running a normal 1 yard dive against a defense that is playing honest, that's not so crazy.

Which is why I do not give Maroney that much credit but I'll wait and see. I don't hate him. Just over him.

I would stay away from all RB this game.. I think this is going to be about Brady vs Brees and each QB could have 50+ pass attempts.

HAHAHAH! Love it!

I think I might draft you as my #2 RB next year!!

I think I might draft you as my #2 RB next year!!

Hey Dude! Probably not a good pick. I was in the Army, and played sports my whole life and I consider myself a pretty tough dude but I'm 99% sure I'd break down after about 12-13 carries! Those NFL LB's absolutely crush people.

I'd take the job for the cash but I'd be making steroid/painkiller cocktails daily!

Happy Thanksgiving