Sign in to follow this  
mzf5c5

No more!

No. The Yankees (and I'm most assuredly not a fan) have been the dominant team in baseball for decades.

More important, they've seemed to have incredible foresight/luck when it comes to personnel. NY cuts guys loose at seemingly just the right times, and gets max value. That's one reason why they're poised to continue as a power for years to come, and why the hate springs eternal.

The Yankees without a doubt have been the most successful baseball franchise ever but they have not been the dominant team in baseball for decades. From about 1981-1995 they were not very good. It wasnt until Jeter's rookie year in 1996 that they became dominate again. And last year was the first World Series they had won since 2000 when they beat the METS. Also they have made some very questionable signings mostly from 2000-2008. Giambi, Damon, Pavano, and even Big Unit to name a few that they paid HUGE money for and did not win crap.

1995 New York Yankees American League 79 65 .549 7.0

1994 New York Yankees American League 70 43 .619 -

1993 New York Yankees American League 88 74 .543 7.0

1992 New York Yankees American League 76 86 .469 20.0

1991 New York Yankees American League 71 91 .438 20.0

1990 New York Yankees American League 67 95 .414 21.0

1989 New York Yankees American League 74 87 .460 14.5

1988 New York Yankees American League 85 76 .528 3.5

1987 New York Yankees American League 89 73 .549 9.0

1986 New York Yankees American League 90 72 .556 5.5

1985 New York Yankees American League 97 64 .602 2.0

1984 New York Yankees American League 87 75 .537 17.0

1983 New York Yankees American League 91 71 .562 7.0

1982 New York Yankees American League 79 83 .488 16.0

1981 New York Yankees American League 59 48 .551 2.0

you are just trying to pick a fight with your ignorant post :nono: Your little "Pats Fan Logic" #1 and #2 are probably 2 of the most important stats for any football player and should be what every fan wants from their favorite team. :shocking:

I guess you want your teams players to put up huge #s and go 3-13 :thumbsup: If thats what you want out of your team than good for you. Either that or you are a Detriot Lion fan and are content with being losers :thumbsup: I guess you could be Steven Jackson posting in here because he is a stud on a awful team.

Do you think Colts fans are happier now or happier during Peytons early years??? I would hope they are happier now because he puts up great #s plus his team wins and have done good in playoffs.

Bold #1 - This proves what EVERYONE outside of MA has been saying for years. It's not that Colts' fans were satisfied with the COLTS TEAM for so long before they won a SB. But they were satisfied with Manning. No1 will ever blame Manning for the TEAM'S early struggles in the post-season...because it is just that - a TEAM effort (often a weak one from everyone besides Manning).

Bold #2 - You bringing up a sarcastic Steven Jackson comment is funny. Who's the better RB - Steven Jackson, or Laurence Maroney??? Well, Maroney made the playoffs, his team won like 9 more games than Jackson's team, so he's better right? WRONG. It proves that a TEAM'S performance is dependent on MUCH more than just one player's performance.

Bold #3 - Again, you are proving that the major reason why Manning doesn't have more playoff wins (and why Brady has so many), is because you need your ENTIRE TEAM to play well.

You can not dispute that Brady has better #s in playoffs than Manning. Does that make him a better QB?? NO Manning is

What makes most teams great is combination of offense and defense and right now the Patriots do not have a very good defense and their offense is not very good either. That makes for an early exit from playoffs.

I don't think anyone has every disputed Brady's playoff #'s/success compared to Manning's. Which, btw, stats wise - Manning and Brady aren't all that different in the playoffs. But you all of a sudden are acting like Pats fans, including yourself, have ONLY been saying Brady is the better post-season QB. Yourself, especially before my signature came about, fought to your death about how Brady was better than Manning.

I will absolutely concede that Brady has performed better in the post-season than Manning has (although under much different circumstances). But anyone who still thinks Brady is a better QB than Manning is just kidding themselves.

Bold #1 - This proves what EVERYONE outside of MA has been saying for years. It's not that Colts' fans were satisfied with the COLTS TEAM for so long before they won a SB. But they were satisfied with Manning. No1 will ever blame Manning for the TEAM'S early struggles in the post-season...because it is just that - a TEAM effort (often a weak one from everyone besides Manning).

Bold #2 - You bringing up a sarcastic Steven Jackson comment is funny. Who's the better RB - Steven Jackson, or Laurence Maroney??? Well, Maroney made the playoffs, his team won like 9 more games than Jackson's team, so he's better right? WRONG. It proves that a TEAM'S performance is dependent on MUCH more than just one player's performance.

Bold #3 - Again, you are proving that the major reason why Manning doesn't have more playoff wins (and why Brady has so many), is because you need your ENTIRE TEAM to play well.

I don't think anyone has every disputed Brady's playoff #'s/success compared to Manning's. Which, btw, stats wise - Manning and Brady aren't all that different in the playoffs. But you all of a sudden are acting like Pats fans, including yourself, have ONLY been saying Brady is the better post-season QB. Yourself, especially before my signature came about, fought to your death about how Brady was better than Manning.

I will absolutely concede that Brady has performed better in the post-season than Manning has (although under much different circumstances). But anyone who still thinks Brady is a better QB than Manning is just kidding themselves.

Yes i did think Brady was the better QB before :thumbsup: It was the homerism in me i guess but when i really did more research and read some post i finally agreed Manning is the better QB :thumbsup: Are you just surprised that your Manning :shocking: actually changed my mind.

Yes i did think Brady was the better QB before :thumbsdown: It was the homerism in me i guess but when i really did more research and read some post i finally agreed Manning is the better QB :nono: Are you just surprised that your Manning :wub: actually changed my mind.

Very much so, I think this is another first in our relationship :wub:

Very much so, I think this is another first in our relationship :nono:

im glad you did not say anything to get me fired up cause i just got rockets cracked FOCKING TWICE on full tilt by some dam idiot :thumbsdown:

Hey, finally and Eagles Green sighting. Have to look for you on other non-Iggs/Cowboys threads these days - too bad the Iggs didn't win, miss seeing you in those threads. :thumbsdown:

I can't handle the Blue Star Ointment/pimpletaddy/psychobelicheat dood.

It has nothing to do with the focking assrape of my eagles at the hands of your cowboys.

No. The Yankees (and I'm most assuredly not a fan) have been the dominant team in baseball for decades.

More important, they've seemed to have incredible foresight/luck when it comes to personnel. NY cuts guys loose at seemingly just the right times, and gets max value. That's one reason why they're poised to continue as a power for years to come, and why the hate springs eternal.

NE has filled the bad guy role for a few years, but doesn't have much going forward as I see it. Look at yesterdays games.

Warner, without a primary receiver and with an inconsistent defense and spotty running game, took it upon himself to have one of the greatest days a QB has ever had. I can't recall ever seeing a QB finish a game with 20+ completions and more TD than INT. He dominated that game, despite his defenses best efforts to lose it.

Even Rodgers, on the other side, overcame an early deficit on the road. As did Sanchez.

Brady, without a primary receiver and with an inconsistent defense and spotty running game, looked overmatched. With a huge early defecit at home...well, it got huger.

Not reducing this to a Warner vs Brady post. I just see bad things in NE's future. Moss was about as big a factor as Ocho Cinco, and he didn't have an all world corner covering him. Maroney better be the answer at RB (and they've been hoping that for a couple years), as there's not another difference maker on the roster. The defense is less impressive each time I've seen them this year. And everyone else in their division is getting better. Miami & the Jets clearly headed that way, Buffalo simply can't get much worse. And they nearly knocked off NE to start the season.

QB's can elevate the play of those around them, but they have to have adequate parts to work with. AZ (and I'm not a fan of theirs either) trots out Doucett, Urban, Breaston, Wells, Stephens-Howling, a couple TE, etc. Pats have Edelman. This isn't new. Aside from veteran plug-ins, they haven't done a very good job from a personnel standpoint for a few years.

Again, not a fan of any team mentioned, and not a NE hater. Just what I see as an impartial observer.

You don't know much about baseball... or football.

After Brady's performance in the playoff game, I don't want to hear any more about how bad Manning is in the playoffs and how amazing and great Brady is. Brady had a worse playoff game than Manning has ever had. So it ends today with his performance and 4 turnovers.

Serious question. Are you like a little kid or something. No grown man puts things like that in their sig, do they?

im glad you did not say anything to get me fired up cause i just got rockets cracked FOCKING TWICE on full tilt by some dam idiot :doublethumbsup:

That's crazy, I used to play on Full-Tilt ALL THE TIME...What's your avatar name and what games do you typically play?

Maybe there's hope for us afterall, PATSSOX (so long as you get away from your silly eye test :overhead: )

Yes i did think Brady was the better QB before It was the homerism in me i guess but when i really did more research and read some post i finally agreed Manning is the better QB Are you just surprised that your Manning actually changed my mind.

Wait. I've changed my mind... Brady's better than Manning. :wacko:

:D :thumbsup:

Going out on a limb here, without reading the initial post I`ll bet it`s about

The Patriots

Bellichick

Brady/Moss or something along that line and how they`re over rated cheated etc etc.

Being a Steelers Fan, I have no homerism on these Qb's.

Both are very great Qb's and both have been dominant at the position.

I have mentioned over the years, that I think Brady is like Aikman.

He is steady and directs/manages the O very well with his supporting cast.(except his 1 great season)

Manning, I liken to Montana, No other player has directed an O as Manning has on his own, and makes

the adjustments and reads as he does every week.(He is the O)

Both will make the HOF.

Serious question. Are you like a little kid or something. No grown man puts things like that in their sig, do they?

Why do you keep trying to figure out if I am a kid or not? I have told you time and time again, you don't seem to believe me. I like my sig, if you are trashing it. I am proud of what the Colts have done. Would I have liked more SB titles or at least visits? Hell yeah, but it doesn't mean I can't be proud of them.

So, one more time. I am an adult. Whether you like it or not. Whether you like my sig or not. It doesn't matter to me.

He is steady and directs/manages the O very well with his supporting cast.(except his 1 great season)

Manning, I liken to Montana, No other player has directed an O as Manning has on his own, and makes

Both will make the HOF.

Awesome post! :rolleyes:

Both will make the HOF.

Manning to Montana :) Montana never had #s like Manning has. Montana put up good #s on great teams. Almost the opposite of Manning. If Manning wins some more super bowls he will go down as the greatest QB(he probably will now anyway). But if he does win more rings he will go down as kinda a combination of the great QBs Montana and Marino. :wall: Marino had the ungodly #s but couldnt win the big one and all Montana did was win.