Sign in to follow this  
lv_2_hack

How come no one is talking about this?

How bad have kickers been this year. From NFL to college. I remember in a couple of bowl games a couple of kickers missing 3 plus field goals. Shayne Graham costing the bungals a game, kaeding today, suishum today and throughout season, folk all year, carney missed a few, rackers missed a chip shot at end of regulation against green bay, gostowski missed a couple against baltimore. It seems like this is the year of the missed field goal. Are there any reliable kickers this year? Did they put something in the ball? What gives?

Feely really choked during the Atlanta game a few weeks ago, but he's been money since. You can tell it in his body language...the same body language that Kaeding clearly didn't have yesterday.

Yes, Robbie Gould. Always makes the clutch kick.

Too bad the rest of sucky Bears aren't as clutch as your Kicker :banana: :pointstosky:

The league average this year for FG accuracy was around 80%. That's down from a record setting 84% last season. But on the other hand the 80% level was never cracked until the mid 90's. By contrast, in the mid-70's the accuracy rate was around 57%. Kicking is much much better these days but when a big kick is missed it seems to be magnified because of the overall high accuracy rate.

Hitting a FG when down 21 points in the 4th qtr is hardly clutch.

the last clutch attempt he had was at the end of regulation on MNF vs minny....

he didnt make it.....

david akers is the correct answer here...

Hitting a FG when down 21 points in the 4th qtr is hardly clutch.

:argue:

Agreed, it's embarassing that Rackers came up short in a some on a 50 yard FG attempt. Nate and Shayne just plain choked, but they both have been excellent kickers during the regular season. I think Graham has the highest % in Bengals history or something. Probably not saying much but still.

there are a few people noticing this trend.

it is indeed quizzical yet comical that so many games were decided by kicks this yr, but more alarming were the job lost and subsequent drama of those moves.

---it started with mare missing 2 kicks in the hawks-bears game, leading mora to say, "we will not claw, scratch, and fight our way into winning a game only to have our kicker to that to our team. we will do something about that situation, you can rest assured".

---we saw kris brown of the texans blow kicks in back-to-back "most important game in franchise history" [in consecutive weeks?]

---shaun suisham botched the kick that would have ended the saints perfect season, and got the pink slip for it.

---we laughed as nick folk also fell victim to saints voodoo bayou magic, as he botched a late kick and got fired over the mistake.

---shaun suisham feels it safe to join the kicker-less cowboys, only to botch a playoff kick in the divisionals.

---shayne graham was terrible in the wilcard round, missing 3[?] kicks, most crucial the late game attempt that would made it a one possession game at home with time on the clock and a pocket of timeouts.

---nate kaeding continued his horrible playoff run of kicking, making 3 whiffs [his 57-yarder should be excused] against the jets, who seem to be his kryptonite [he missed a few yrs ago leading to their defeat]. simply unacceptable, as he, too, missed a late game attempt with the game still in issue, at home, and with timeouts.

fantasywise, we laugh at kickers; in reality, we also give them not much love; but booooy do they matter sometimes.... :blink: :pointstosky:

Yeah, and didn't gostowski miss against ravens in wild card round? I'd love to see the kickers percentages in playoffs and college bowl games this year. Maybe I just remember the misses, but it seems like it's been a bunch.

Yeah, and didn't gostowski miss against ravens in wild card round? I'd love to see the kickers percentages in playoffs and college bowl games this year. Maybe I just remember the misses, but it seems like it's been a bunch.

If I heard correctly, the FG% in this year's post season is the worst in history. Something like 55%.

And yes, Gostkowski missed as well.

If not for Feeley & Longwell, there might well be more misses than makes.